What's new

China- New Airbase Near India

a open secret,it's easy to google the positon of every military airports in assam

you mean the camouflaged ones too ? I don't think so. Never saw them in google. you can only see, Tezpur, guwahati, mohanbari, balipara, silchar kumbhirgram, chabua, lilabari, salonibari, Rowraiah Jorhat, Rupshi.

you mean the camouflaged ones too ? I don't think so. Never saw them in google. you can only see, Tezpur, guwahati, mohanbari, balipara, silchar kumbhirgram, chabua, lilabari, salonibari, Rowraiah Jorhat, Rupshi.

do these airports have any value of commercial

Last edited:
Brother, take it easy. Thanks for your kindness, but this is public news.

Here are more details: People are saying that it is about 20 miles(kms?) from India border. It is 12 hours drive to New Delhi. People are postulating that the mountains besides the airport can hide hundreds of planes. People are saying that the airport can accommodate large planes like 747s...

80 miles from India border,less than 30 mins fly to New Delhi,here is more details:

Successful Test Flight of Kunsha Airport in Tibet

At 8:21 on September. 5th, 2009, the people of Ali, as well as the technical officers from Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) ,were in wittness of the first successful test flight, which was a CAAC plane flied to Ali and smoothly landed at Kunsha Airport — the highest altitude airport in the world. It setted the stage for the formal flights in July 1, 2010. Kunsha Airport lies at an altitude of 4300 meters in Shiquanhe town in Ali of western Tibet. Currently, it is the highest airport in China and in the whole globe, with an investment of about 1.6 billion yuan. It is a airport with a high value of commercial and military, which shares in both. It is also the highest site in western China. After it is built, it will greatly boost the tourism industry of Ali region in Tibet, and it will shorten 10 days journey when travel to Ruinen Von Guge, Mt. Kailash and Lake Manasarovar.

are these airports have any value of commercial

"do these airports have any commercial value" ?

offcourse dear. Most of them are commercial airports as well connecting all the other airports in the north east and rest of india. Well commercial value has been in plenty ever since after WW2 . After independence until a long time people prefered to travel within assam in shuttle flights since roads were poor and Oil is in plenty.

As far as future commercial value is concerned, if indias look east policy goes on well, you can imagine their value. south china, taiwan, thailand, burma, combodia all within 0.5-2 hrs reach.

Assam has the unique locational advantage of being situated close to South East Asian countries, blessed with rich fertile land where almost anything and everything can be grown. It provides a strategic base for foreign and domestic investors to tap the vast potential of contiguous markets of Myanmar, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Cambodia, Indonesia, etc. Besides, Assam's proximity to the countries like Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan attracts more and more foreign investors into the State. Assam's internal waterway network, connecting the State to Bangladesh, gives access to the ports of Chittagong (Bangladesh), Kolkata and Haldia (West Bengal).

No wonder Thailand has already started visiting to start investment in assam and use its fertile land to produce cheap agricultural products and export to rest of SE asia.

"do these airports have any commercial value" ?

offcourse dear. Most of them are commercial airports as well connecting all the other airports in the north east and rest of india. Well commercial value has been in plenty ever since after WW2 . After independence until a long time people prefered to travel within assam in shuttle flights since roads were poor and Oil is in plenty.

As far as future commercial value is concerned, if indias look east policy goes on well, you can imagine their value. south china, taiwan, thailand, burma, combodia all within 0.5-2 hrs reach.

Assam has the unique locational advantage of being situated close to South East Asian countries, blessed with rich fertile land where almost anything and everything can be grown. It provides a strategic base for foreign and domestic investors to tap the vast potential of contiguous markets of Myanmar, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Cambodia, Indonesia, etc. Besides, Assam's proximity to the countries like Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan attracts more and more foreign investors into the State. Assam's internal waterway network, connecting the State to Bangladesh, gives access to the ports of Chittagong (Bangladesh), Kolkata and Haldia (West Bengal).

No wonder Thailand has already started visiting to start investment in assam and use its fertile land to produce cheap agricultural products and export to rest of SE asia.

from what i saw on google earth,none of those airport you listed is able to land large civil aircrafts

from what i saw on google earth,none of those airport you listed is able to land large civil aircrafts

Using google to measure airports ? allright since you are that interested , all of these those are capable landing large aircrafts (ofcourse not A380) 4 of them has daily large flights to rest of india.But currently they are large enough for IL76-78. In future for C130J as well.

Surprised , why are you interested in commercial stuff. by the way forget about google. you will not be able to see some of the IAF airfields with your naked eye if I drop you from the sky . They have grass carpets 24 hrs :)

Also remember, assam is the only place where Black magic is still alive :azn:. So you can expect Airports disappear all of a sudden. hehehehe

why can't i see any civil aircrafts like 747 and 320........i just feel sorry for the people around these airports,over 10 airports in assam,but none of these is civil aviation airport

Last edited:
why can't i see any civil aircrafts like 747 and 320........

forgive me and contact Directorate General of civil aviations,India for why 4 year old google earth images does not show the pics of their aircraft. Both you and they will then be happy.

Or may be switch to Bhuvan

Back to topic now.

forgive me and contact Directorate General of civil aviations,India for why 4 year old google earth images does not show the pics of their aircraft. Both you and they will then be happy.

Or may be switch to Bhuvan

Back to topic now.

agree back to topic

Back
Top Bottom