What's new

China All Su-35 news

Already posted and the source of this article is Russian, not an single government source has even confirmed this news not mention the fact if China was buying the Su35 there would no need on building the J-11 and J-16.
Su-35 is a far superior platform than J11b, the radar, engine, the firepower. Sorry i am not agree with you on this point.

I think u should buy 1 of each fighter Russia has and 1 of each helicopters to show friendship. Good idea.:tup:
russia are not stupid....
same to the su33. they dont want to sell china their jets in very limited quantity.

Your logic failed pretty hard here.

Like I said, importing something is not proof of the inability to make it. India should know this better than most, given that they import almost everything. Down to basic ammunition.

Yeah okay. I'm off to bed now- we'll argue some more tomorow.

Su-35 is a far superior platform than J11b, the radar, engine, the firepower. Sorry i am not agree with you on this point.

Thats not the point there would be no need to build the J-11B or J-16 if we were going to buy the Su35 the only sources I find on this is Russian so I am skeptical.

Airshow China 2006 airshow
Russia's Sukhoi markets new multi-role fighter at Chinese air show
Ria Novosti,Russia ^ | 31/ 10/ 2006
*ttp://en.rian.ru/russia/20061031/55256972.html

Airshow China 2008 airshow
..corresponding department confirmed that negotiations with China regarding Su-35 have been conducted..
*ttp://www.kommersant.com/p895011/The_first_visit_of_President_Medvedev_to_China/
*ttp://trishulgroup.blogspot.com.au/2008/11/airshow-china-2009-first-impressions.html[/QUOTE]

Airshow China 2010
Russia ready to sell Su-35 fighter jets to China
*ttp://en.rian.ru/mlitary_news/20101116/161359301.html

5 months ago, 2012
Russia Close to Sign Su-35 Fighter Deal With China
*ttp://en.rian.ru/world/20120306/171780246.html

Airshow china 2012

far superior than J11B,( it is for sure)

but SAC also developing J16. buy Su 35 can damage the developing of J16.

24 is too many. and 1.5billion is not cheap at all.
it means over 60 million each.

Thats not the point there would be no need to build the J-11B or J-16 if we were going to buy the Su35 the only sources I find on this is Russian so I am skeptical.

Airshow China 2006 airshow
Russia's Sukhoi markets new multi-role fighter at Chinese air show
Ria Novosti,Russia ^ | 31/ 10/ 2006
*ttp://en.rian.ru/russia/20061031/55256972.html

Airshow China 2008 airshow
..corresponding department confirmed that negotiations with China regarding Su-35 have been conducted..
*ttp://www.kommersant.com/p895011/The_first_visit_of_President_Medvedev_to_China/
*ttp://trishulgroup.blogspot.com.au/2008/11/airshow-china-2009-first-impressions.html

Airshow China 2010
Russia ready to sell Su-35 fighter jets to China
*ttp://en.rian.ru/mlitary_news/20101116/161359301.html

5 months ago, 2012
Russia Close to Sign Su-35 Fighter Deal With China
*ttp://en.rian.ru/world/20120306/171780246.html

Airshow china 2012[/QUOTE]

Russia is really worried China will reverse engineering Su35, so it seemed contradictory when deal with China on Su35. One side, Russia wanna reexploit China military market by high end tech like Su35, on the other it was afraid of the product being reversed. Now Russia made his mind to sell it China, why China refuse the proposal. We can get the tech of F117S TV ENGINE!! The engine is our Archlies heel until you see WS10A and WS15 are installed on our single engine in PLAAF service rather than duo ones like J11b. We should respect the Russian Aviation tech, but try hard to invest in self-reliance R&D! Maybe J20 is far superior than Su35, but Su 35 will definitely give China some epiphany! 中国航空业的发展要两条腿走路. 一边下大力气研发,一边购买对自己航空工业成长有益的产品进行逆向工程。

To many threads on this so I will just merge with the other speculation thread and reopen it if the government sources confirms otherwise just more rumors.

TAIPEI — Though not in the bag yet, defense industry analysts and sources in Moscow have confirmed that Beijing and Moscow are negotiating the first Russian export sale of the twin-engine Sukhoi Su-35 multi-role fighter.

If the deal goes forward, China’s fighter capabilities become much greater and the military challenge to regional powers increases. The Su-35s Saturn engines give it a unique supermaneuverability capability.

The principle hurdle has been overcome, said a U.S. defense analyst. Russia has just “caved-in” to demands by China to reduce the initial procurement from 48 fighters to 24 fighters.

“The negotiations on price and other conditions of this deal will take place the next year,” said Vasiliy Kashin, a researcher at the Moscow-based Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies (CAST). “Such negotiations can also be quite difficult. The contract, I think, is not likely before 2014.”

During the 2012 Airshow China (Zhuhai Airshow) in mid-November, Russia’s RT media outlet quoted Mikhail Pogosyan, president of the United Aircraft Corporation, confirming China’s interest in the Su-35.

“The Chinese are showing interest in this jet. But we have agreements that we disclose information only upon reaching actual agreements. So, I am not going to comment on the pace of negotiations,” Pogosyan told RT. He also promised the Su-35 would be present at the next Zhuhai Airshow in 2014.

Russia’s new defense minister, Sergei Shoigu, visited China in mid-November and met with Hu Jintao, China’s outgoing president and chairman of the Central Military Commission (CMC). Whether a Russian deal with the current members of the Politburo and the CMC will survive the March turnover of leadership to a new crop of Chinese leaders remains to be seen.

There are fears China will only procure 24 fighters with the intention of reverse engineering and copying the fighter, as they did with the Su-27SK.

In 1995, China secured a production license to build 200 Su-27SKs, dubbed the J-11A, for $2.5 billion from the Shenyang Aircraft Corp. In 2006, Russia cancelled the deal after 95 aircraft when it discovered China had reverse engineered the aircraft and was secretly producing an indigenous copy, the J-11B, with Chinese-built avionics and weapons.

There are also suspicions China will only want the Su-35 engine for the twin-engine Chengdu J-20 stealth fighter. The engine in the Su-35 and the T-50 is the Saturn AL-117S, which is an upgraded variant of the AL-31FN. China already imports the AL-31FN from Russia for the single-engine Chengdu J-10 fighter.

“If they procure one spare for every four installed [on China’s Su-35], which you don’t really need, then that’s a warning sign,” said the U.S. source. “There is no fixed ratio for spare engines to installed engines [for the deal] at this time.”

Despite all the obvious bear traps stepped into during the J-11 disaster, the Russian aviation industry needs money and must keep its fighter production line moving. “If it stalls out and the T-50 fighter does not come online as scheduled, then the Russian air force will need them [Su-27/MiG-29],” he said.

The Sukhoi T-50 is the prototype for the PAK FA stealth fighter, intended to replace the Russian air force’s Su-27 and MiG-29 fighters. Delays and problems in the U.S. F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program are a nagging reminder that glitches can occur in fifth generation fighter programs.

The question of whether the Chinese procure more then just 24 Su-35s is “complicated,” Kashin said.

“The key question is if the Chinese can apply the Su-35 technology to their J-11B family aircraft. If the difference between these two types is big enough, than they cannot absorb that technology quickly and there is the possibility that they will evaluate the Su-35 and then buy additional number of them,” he said.

Kashin said the first batch of Chinese procured Su-27SK fighters in 1992 was for only 26 aircraft. “If they like it and if the J-11B project is not going smoothly, than they can buy more,” or buy the license to build the Su-35 in China.

“The J-11B program is in big trouble; the Chinese have lost a lot of aircraft in crashes,” said the U.S. source. “They have also reached a technological plateau and need help going to the next step beyond the Su-27/J-11.”

No country has procured the Su-35 before, though Brazil, India and South Korea have considered it. China has shown an interest in the Su-33 carrier-borne fighter and the Su-35 before, but previous problems with intellectual property rights infringement with the Su-27 burned Russian arms merchants — that is until now.

Is China Buying Russia’s Su-35 Fighter? | Defense News | defensenews.com

From what I gather, China buy Su-35 is for PAF.... China comes to an agreement with Russia not to export any of their J-11 flanker series. Su-35 after being bought by China will be re-export to PAF. In this way, Russia will not bear any responsible of export any arms to Pakistan and fulfill it promise to India of not exporting any arms to Pakistan.

PAF while will have deep strike fighter capable of bombing deep into India.

From what I gather, China buy Su-35 is for PAF.... China comes to an agreement with Russia not to export any of their J-11 flanker series. Su-35 after being bought by China will be re-export to PAF. In this way, Russia will not bear any responsible of export any arms to Pakistan and fulfill it promise to India of not exporting any arms to Pakistan.

You cannot transfer Russian Arms to Pakistan without Russia authorisation......Even tho Chinese bought them, they still need the Russian to say it's ok to pipe them down to another country.

You can, however, reverse engineering them and sold them to pakistan.

My friend i have stop reading the article after the first lines.

Though not in the bag yet, defense industry analysts and sources in Moscow have confirmed that Beijing and Moscow are negotiating the first Russian export sale of the twin-engine Sukhoi Su-35 multi-role fighter.

Another Russian fairytale.

SU-35 with PAF or chinese airforce India should be wary of ...any way it is not more potent than the stockplie of nuclear missiles both countries already have.

If China pays hard cash they can buy any thing in the world as no one can stop them least of all India Russia friendship.

In face of such dangers India will not get dissolved as a nation but should have to have a decent ability to reciprocate any misadventure and I have no doubt in the intention and the resolve of Indian govt in doing that.

Chinese friends should understand we have been dealing with our friendly neibghour for last 65 years and have factored that pain in all our decisions by providing a new toy it is not going to increase the pain factor in any way.

You cannot transfer Russian Arms to Pakistan without Russia authorisation......Even tho Chinese bought them, they still need the Russian to say it's ok to pipe them down to another country.

You can, however, reverse engineering them and sold them to pakistan.

Have you heard of RD-93 engine Saga?

SU-35 with PAF or chinese airforce India should be wary of ...any way it is not more potent than the stockplie of nuclear missiles both countries already have.

If China pays hard cash they can buy any thing in the world as no one can stop them least of all India Russia friendship.

In face of such dangers India will not get dissolved as a nation but should have to have a decent ability to reciprocate any misadventure and I have no doubt in the intention and the resolve of Indian govt in doing that.

Chinese friends should understand we have been dealing with our friendly neibghour for last 65 years and have factored that pain in all our decisions by providing a new toy it is not going to increase the pain factor in any way.

That means India will not make noises? That's good.

Have you heard of RD-93 engine Saga?

That means India will not make noises? That's good.

Dude, RD-93 is a different time, the legal ownership of that technology is "Soviet Russia" which no longer exists.
and Russia permit Chinese sold of Such engine to Pakistan

Russia to Permit Chinese Sale of RD-93 Fighter Jet Engines to Pakistan | India Defence

2007-04-26 In what could cause concern to India, Russia has reportedly permitted China to re-export its RD-93 fighter engines to Pakistan.

try selling a Su-35 without Russia Permit and you will know what is Lawyer power "from Russia with love"

Back
Top Bottom