What's new

Chile backs India, Brazil's UNSC bid

But you see getting membership without Veto power is step #1 then step #2 will be lobby for Veto power.

If they want Permanent membership without veto power, then I don't see any issues with that.

Hell, veto itself is meaningless anyway. Basically the US will start a resolution (like on Syria)... and Russia + China will veto it. It's great for the news, but ultimately meaningless.

can any one tell me on what basis were unsc permanent members were choosen

The current P5 were all the major independent powers on the allied victorious side of WW2.

India was not independent at that time and thus did not qualify.

India went on record saying that it doesn't require a veto power. and thats the reason for the support of majority of nations.

So what's the point of having more members when they have no veto power ? doesn't make sense and that's why USA will not buy that argument. Like I said. First step is get your foot in the club then step 2 is demand veto power while you are in the club and the USA knows all about this trick and that's why she wants no reform with the current per. u.n. club

Chile backs India, Brazil's UNSC bid | Business Line

Washington, Oct 5:

Chilean President Sebastian Pinera has supported India, Brazil, Germany and Japan’s bid for a permanent seat in UNSC.

“I think that countries like Brazil, Germany, Japan, India should be part of the Security Council as permanent members,” Pinera told the popular Charlie Rose Show in an interview on the PBS.

The current five permanent members of the UN Security Council — the US, Britain, France, China and Russia —— have veto and the inclusion of India, Brazil, Germany and Japan would increase the number to nine, he said.

“Without veto power, of course, because I think that we should try to get rid of the veto power and establish maybe some quorum or super-majority to take the biggest decisions,” Pinera said in response to a question.

=======================================================================

Indians keep dreaming.........

Enjoying Freedom in US and blaming other countries ?? :pissed:

the good thing is India is on there List, may be within few year ... for Pakistan its out of the dream for decades, may be next Ice Age....

No country says anything just for lip service. India has already been a member of UNSC for the past two years (and for many years in the past).

What harm did it do to China? Nothing.

India has been a member in the U.N but not in the Permanent U.N. Club !

If they want Permanent membership without veto power, then I don't see any issues with that.

Hell, veto itself is meaningless anyway. Basically the US will start a resolution (like on Syria)... and Russia + China will veto it. It's great for the news, but ultimately meaningless.

The current P5 were all the major independent powers on the allied victorious side of WW2.

India was not independent at that time and thus did not qualify.

The reason why India wants a per. u.n. membership is because she wants the world to treat her like a big power !

So what's the point of having more members when they have no veto power ? doesn't make sense and that's why USA will not buy that argument. Like I said. First step is get your foot in the club then step 2 is demand veto power while you are in the club and the USA knows all about this trick and that's why she wants no reform with the current per. u.n. club

Well, USA has disappointed many pakistanis by helping India get a NSG waiver once. If our interests meet, I don't see why US will not do it again.

[/SIZE][/B]

Enjoying Freedom in US and blaming other countries ?? :pissed:

the good thing is India is on there List, may be within few year ... for Pakistan its out of the dream for decades, may be next Ice Age....

Why is Pakistan dragged into this thread ??????????????

can any one tell me on what basis were unsc permanent members were choosen

It was the 4 victorious countries from WW2 - US, Russia, China and the UK.

I have no idea why the defeated French were included.

Well, USA has disappointed many pakistanis by helping India get a NSG waiver once. If our interests meet, I don't see why US will not do it again.

The reason why USA does not want reform in the per. u.n club is because it is against her interest.

India has been a member in the U.N but not in the Permanent U.N. Club !

The reason why India wants a per. u.n. membership is because she wants the world to treat her like a big power !

If it wasn't, so many countries wouldn't have supported its claim including the SC's P5.

It was the 4 victorious countries from WW2 - US, Russia, China and the UK.

I have no idea why the defeated French were included.

It was all those major powers on the winning SIDE, i.e. the Allied powers.

Which basically meant all the major independent powers of the world MINUS the Axis powers.

That was pretty much the point, to replace the League of Nations with another Global organization. They just included every major independent power while excluding all those on the Axis side.

It does not matter if China supports India or not. Nowhere written in the UN charter that inclusion of new members in UNSC requires absolute consensus. If US and RUSSIA support(which they are doing), it's then a matter of time to get membership and veto power.:victory:

Back
Top Bottom