What's new

Chief of Army Staff | General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The night before this, a route was in place from his residence to Chaklala base, and I had the pleasure of being stuck there.

Would you believe it if I told you that a Major was standing on the 'chowk' and directing traffic like a traffic warden!!!???

Okay, so is that a good or a bad thing?

Okay, so is that a good or a bad thing?

I don't think it is a good thing!

Can you imagine a Major standing on the traffic signal controlling traffic like a warden? Have you ever seen a equivalent of the police doing this when a President or PM passes? I've seen Captains doing this in front of the Serena hotel signal, but this was the first time I saw a major.

Maybe it was just because it was a couple of minutes before the convoy was supposed to pass and major saheb thought to make an appearance!!! (I doubt it though).

Another interesting scene, a Honda Civic broke down on the side of the road, and all hell broke loose. Whistles ringing everywhere, those Mitsubishi jeeps being hurried to tow the car away from the road and it was utter chaos. In the end, 3/4 soldiers were pushing the car off the road!!:lol:

Looks like Mr Kayani takes his convoy security very seriously!! Gari bhi badal li hai!!!

I don't think it is a good thing!

Can you imagine a Major standing on the traffic signal controlling traffic like a warden? Have you ever seen a equivalent of the police doing this when a President or PM passes? I've seen Captains doing this in front of the Serena hotel signal, but this was the first time I saw a major.

Maybe it was just because it was a couple of minutes before the convoy was supposed to pass and major saheb thought to make an appearance!!! (I doubt it though).

Another interesting scene, a Honda Civic broke down on the side of the road, and all hell broke loose. Whistles ringing everywhere, those Mitsubishi jeeps being hurried to tow the car away from the road and it was utter chaos. In the end, 3/4 soldiers were pushing the car off the road!!:lol:

Looks like Mr Kayani takes his convoy security very seriously!! Gari bhi badal li hai!!!

What vehicle does he have now at his pleasure?

The night before this, a route was in place from his residence to Chaklala base, and I had the pleasure of being stuck there.

Would you believe it if I told you that a Major was standing on the 'chowk' and directing traffic like a traffic warden!!!???

That's how we treat our leaders, with respect. (y) :pakistan:

Thats hard to believe and very very unlikely unless their were any mitigating circumstances that deemed it necessary for the duty officer in-charge to take matters in his own hands.
the most likely situations might have been that it was a subadar maj. and not a maj.
with the new placement of ranks some times it becomes hard to differentiate between officers and listed men

Thats hard to believe and very very unlikely unless their were any mitigating circumstances that deemed it necessary for the duty officer in-charge to take matters in his own hands.
the most likely situations might have been that it was a subadar maj. and not a maj.
with the new placement of ranks some times it becomes hard to differentiate between officers and listed men

Even the SM Saab will not route traffic unless it was an extraordinary situation which he would first solve by appointing some one and eventually doing it himself.

It was 120% a major. I can recognize a SM and a Major!

In front of the Serena hotel, you will frequently see a Captain of MP there right in the middle of the road directing traffic along with jawans. But this was the first time I saw a major.

It was 120% a major. I can recognize a SM and a Major!

In front of the Serena hotel, you will frequently see a Captain of MP there right in the middle of the road directing traffic along with jawans. But this was the first time I saw a major.

If the security needs a majr genrl can do that, security is the key issue, after all we don't need a SS bomber exploding himself in front of chief,s car???
Also it demonstrate , that our militry leaders are more responsible thn the civil leaders & less arogant???
Its the call of duty! Simple & clear!

^^ @nuclearpak, @Fieldmarshal and other...you know what, the difference between Pakistan's Army and its Police and other departments is that, promotions of Majors or Captains doesnt depend upon their 'relations' with the COAS.

So relax :)

Kham kha tension mat lay bhai..

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ @nuclearpak, @Fieldmarshal and other...you know what, the difference between Pakistan's Army and its Police and other departments is that, promotions of Majors or Captains doesnt depend upon their 'relations' with the COAS.

Sorry sir jee.

Didn't get your point. Promotions..???

Like some one very high up in the army told me "yah fouj hah mouj nahi"

what needs to be done will be done, no questions asked...........thats the beauty of our armed forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom