What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Fine than fight a war with Chinese weaponry with some one having US or Russian Weapon. You will get answer.
Inferior complexity. You don't even believe yourself. India is doing well, but you are 15 behind in aviation industry compared with PRC.

Inferior complexity. You don't even believe yourself. India is doing well, but you are 15 behind in aviation industry compared with PRC.

you are free to interpret anything in your way. If you think that you have moved ahead 15 or 50 years by copying anything available and producing nonusable inventory, enjoy your progress. Who am I to argue against that.

Pl look into the video of our non inducted plane into the link I posted. I urge you to post a video demonstrating same capability of your planes which are 15 years ahead of us. Just one video is enough. Post No 8626.

LCA News & Discussions | Page 432

Last edited:
Wow!!!!!!!!

What a reliable source you have posted as the reference?????!!!!!!!!. Own post of some other forum!!!!!!! I Am impressed!!!!!!!!!

It is very funny that Statement of Chinese scientist quoted by Chinese media is not a reliable source for Chinese and Pakistani members but their own post or post of some like them is of a great importance that it becomes a reference.

Given your newly join date, we can forgive your igorant and think PAFKA is some light years ago of J-20 and think J-20 is result of only espionage , pure copy and no indigenous input.

Chengdu J-XX [J-20] Stealth Fighter Prototype / A PreliminaryAssessment

1. The J-XX/J-20 is a large fighter, similar in size to an F-111. This first-of-type aircraft presents with a large dihedral canard-delta wing configuration; with a pair of outward/rearward canted all moving combined vertical/horizontal tails; and, similarly large, outward canted ventral fins/strakes which, if all moving like the tails and retained on any production version, will make for some quite advanced capability options in the areas of controllability and manoeuvrability. There is little doubt this configuration is intended to provide good sustained supersonic cruise performance with a suitable engine type, and good manoeuvre performance in transonic and supersonic regimes.
  1. The stealth shaping is without doubt considerably better than that seen in the Russian T-50 PAK-FA prototypes and, even more so, than that seen in the intended production configuration of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter.
  1. The J-XX/J-20 design appears to be largely built around the stealth shaping design rules employed in the F-22A Raptor:
  1. The chined J-XX/J-20 nose section and canopy are close in appearance to the F-22, yielding similar signature performance in a mature design.
  1. The J-XX/J-20 trapezoidal edge aligned engine inlets are closest to the F-22, though appear to be larger and employ an F-35 style DSI (Diverterless Supersonic Inlet) design, obviously intended to improve on F-22 inlet edge signature.
  1. The J-XX/J-20 wing fuselage join, critical for beam and all aspect stealth, is in shaping and angle very similar to the F-22, and clearly superior to both the Russian T-50 PAK-FA prototypes and the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter.
  1. The J-XX/J-20 flat lower fuselage is optimal for all aspect wideband stealth, and emulates the F-22 design closely.
  1. Planform alignment of the J-XX/J-20 shows exact angular alignment between canard and delta leading edges, and exact crossed (starboard to port, port to starboard) angular edge alignment between canard and delta trailing edges. Leading edge sweep is ~43°, clearly intended for efficient supersonic flight.
  1. The J-XX/J-20 nose and main undercarriage doors employ X-band optimised edge serration technology, based on F-117A and F-22 design rules.
  1. The aft fuselage, tailbooms, fins/strakes and axi-symmetric nozzles are not compatible with high stealth performance, but may only be stop-gap measures to expedite flight testing of a prototype.
  1. The airframe configuration and aft fuselage shape would be compatible with an F-22A style 2D TVC nozzle design, or a non-TVC rectangular nozzle designed for controlled infrared emission patterns and radio-frequency stealth.
  1. The airframe configuration is compatible with ventral and side opening internal weapon bays, and large enough to match or exceed, by some degree, the internal weapons payload of the F-22A Raptor.
  1. Internal fuel fraction is also likely to be high, given the fuselage configuration and large internal volume of the big delta wing. This indicates an intent to provide a sustained supersonic cruise capability, in the manner of the proposed FB-22.
  1. The PLA have not disclosed the engine type. There are claims that the Russians supplied supercruise capable 117S series engines, though, subject to the overall efficiency of the aircraft’s aerodynamics, these would likely not be sufficient to extract the full performance potential of this advanced airframe.
  1. The intended sensor suite remains unknown. China has yet to demonstrate an AESA radar, or an advanced indigenous Emitter Locating System (ELS). However, these could become available by the time this airframe enters production. Suitable Russian hardware is currently in late development and/or test.

you are free to interpret anything in your way. If you think that you have moved ahead 15 or 50 years by copying anything available and producing nonusable inventory, enjoy your progress. Who am I to argue against that.

Pl look into the video of our non inducted plane into the link I posted. I urge you to post a video demonstrating same capability of your planes which are 15 years ahead of us. Just one video is enough. Post No 8626.

LCA News & Discussions | Page 432

What crap is that? Serious? Non inducted plane? Why not bring out star war , future 30 years plane and try to brag about the capabilites? Same like you launch a 30% completed carrier and start to claim superior India shipbuilding capabilities compare to China? :lol:

You sound desperate to prove something?

Given your newly join date, we can forgive your igorant and think PAFKA is some light years ago of J-20 and think J-20 is result of only espionage , pure copy and no indigenous input.

What else you can say after being exposed number of time on forum arguing without proper knowledge of the subject. You can say me Kiddo, nonsense etc. but you can not argue on the point because it needs knowledge of the subject. See some video of PAKFA performing super maneuvers. you will get the idea of difference between the two.

What crap is that? Serious? Non inducted plane? Why not bring out star war , future 30 years plane and try to brag about the capabilites? Same like you launch a 30% completed carrier and start to claim superior India shipbuilding capabilities compare to China?

SO you are unable to post Video? How can those aerodynamic disasters can climb vertically when they can not perform 360* vertical loop.

We are not among the BS country who induct the plane which can not perform the basic maneuvers.

We did not launch 30% complete career but we celebrate a milestone of completion of basic platform. Your country took 15 years to make some cosmetic changes on old Ukraine career bought in 1998. You inducted it without capability of fighting a war. It can not leave Chinese cost and go to high sea and fight. J15 has 200 KM combat radios with not more than 2 ton payload etc etc...

Last edited:
Tejas: 30 years under development, 40% foreign components, and still not inducted.:lol:

AFP: Turbulence ahead for Indian fighter jet: analysts

Turbulence ahead for Indian fighter jet: analysts

(AFP) – Jan 20, 2011

NEW DELHI — India's homegrown fighter jet, the Tejas, has finally been cleared for operations but analysts say any celebration of India's entry into an elite club of military hardware producers is premature.

Initial operational approval for the Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) has taken 26 years -- the result of endless developmental delays, technological hiccups and massive cost overruns.

First conceived as a direct replacement for the Indian Air Force's (IAF) ageing fleet of Russian-made MiG-21s -- tagged "flying coffins" for their abysmal safety record -- the LCA was hyped as a milestone in India's bid to reduce its dependency on military imports.

Although conceived, designed and assembled in India, its "indigenous" label is somewhat misleading as 40 percent of its components are foreign-made, including the radar and US-built engine.

What crap is that? Serious? Non inducted plane? Why not bring out star war , future 30 years plane and try to brag about the capabilites? Same like you launch a 30% completed carrier and start to claim superior India shipbuilding capabilities compare to China?

We are not among the BS country who induct the plane which can not perform the basic maneuvers.

We did not launch 30% complete career but we celebrate a milestone of completion of basic platform. Your country took 15 years to make some cosmetic changes on old Ukraine career bought in 1998. You inducted it without capability of fighting a war. It can not leave Chinese cost and go to high sea and fight. J-15 has 200 KM combat radios etc etc...
Tejas: 30 years under development, 40% foreign components, and still not inducted.:lol:

AFP: Turbulence ahead for Indian fighter jet: analysts

So you are posting 3 years old news to justify something. Whole your post is crap. However what I like a lot in your post is your Avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:

We did not launch 30% complete career but we celebrate a milestone of completion of basic platform. Your country took 15 years to make some cosmetic changes on old Ukraine career bought in 1998. You inducted it without capability of fighting a war. It can not leave Chinese cost and go to high sea and fight. J-15 has 200 KM combat radios etc etc...

So you are posting 3 years old news to justify something. Whole your post is crap. However what I like a lot in your post is your Avatar.

Clearly you are emotional. Sprouting nonsense does not make India looks macho but silly. Seriously? Cosmestic changes from an empty hull to fully opertional carrier that able to land fighter jet with arrestor hull.. A 65000tons ship cannot go high sea? Are you trying to kid 3 years old kid?

I know you are upset India lag behind in every area compare to China , be it economy, sport, technology and military. Bragging and talking nonsense will even make you looks silly.

Why not kick the idiot out and leave him in his delusion?
By the way,J-20 No.2011 will come out tomorrow.
185433j080pcijqqiid3z8.jpg

212300pqcdnmtzktjot40q.jpg.thumb.jpg

:enjoy: Time is tomorrow(?)。

WoW

24h? I am counting... :D

15 years? :disagree:

India import parts from all over the world, so the planes of IAF can have much less than 15-year-gap with China, some of them could be quite similar, e.g. Su-30 MKI and J-11b.

However, producing planes reflects the underlying large scale industrial sophistication of a country. If measured from this angle, India-assembled plane (the 1st and the only one and still unfinished: LCA Tejas) , which is the hallmark of Indian industrial capabilities (i.e. assembling imported foreign key parts under guidance of foreign consultants, & final painting of course) by and large, is about 50 years behind China's industrial might and sophistication (today's India can not even match China's industrial depth & width and engineering indepedence of 1960s after the Soviet-split), and the gap is enlarging by the day...

Anyway, it's not my intention to be off-topic. Let's come back to J-20's incoming new version. :D

Last edited:
Clearly you are emotional. Sprouting nonsense does not make India looks macho but silly. Seriously? Cosmestic changes from an empty hull to fully opertional carrier that able to land fighter jet with arrestor hull.. A 65000tons ship cannot go high sea? Are you trying to kid 3 years old kid?

I know you are upset India lag behind in every area compare to China , be it economy, sport, technology and military. Bragging and talking nonsense will even make you looks silly.

I am not emotional but you are not well conversant with the subject may be because the news would have been banned in your country.

Pl read what Russian expert says about Chinese aircraft career. Pl read the article and say whether It is fully operational or not and whether it is fit for high sea operation or not?

Russian Expert: Liaoning-Test Platform, Vikramaditya-Fully operable combat capable

WoW

24h? I am counting... :D

15 years? :disagree:

India import parts from all over the world, so the planes of IAF can have much less than 15-year-gap with China, some of them could be quite similar, e.g. Su-30 MKI and J-11b.

However, producing planes reflects the underlying large scale industrial sophistication of a country. If measured from this angle, India-assembled plane (the 1st and the only one and still unfinished: LCA Tejas) , which is the hallmark of Indian industrial capabilities (i.e. assembling imported foreign key parts under guidance of foreign consultants, & final painting of course) by and large, is about 50 years behind China's industrial might and sophistication (today's India can not even match China's industrial depth & width and engineering indepedence of 1960s after the Soviet-split), and the gap is enlarging by the day...

Anyway, it's not my intention to be off-topic. Let's come back to J-20's incoming new version. :D
What if they can't buy from outside during war? Who dare to supply components to India when China engages with India? 15 years is very conservative estimation. India can't produce a decent rifle, China can produce everything from bots to stealthy fighter, that's the difference. When PLAAF and IAF face each other, IAF can't endure long(not including the pressure from PAF). CHina is too strong for India to stand along, the integrated national technical capacity is not on the same level at all.@Astronaut:Please do something before this thread get ruined.

2011's all-movable stabilator area increase 15% comapred with 2001, and the size of The wing cylinder and ventral fin have been decreased sharply.

New stealthy paint has been tested on 2011, more like generation 2 paint on F22.

I think the aviation Scientists must listen the advices from PDF members to improve J20, haha!

Last edited:
I am not emotional but you are not well conversant with the subject may be because the news would have been banned in your country.

Pl read what Russian expert says about Chinese aircraft career. Pl read the article and say whether It is fully operational or not and whether it is fit for high sea operation or not?

Russian Expert: Liaoning-Test Platform, Vikramaditya-Fully operable combat capable

LOL... Russian expert? Clearly you are getting emotional. Let me show you one fine example of so called garbage Russian expert comment :lol:

China's J-15 Carrier-Based Fighter is Inferior to Russian Su-33 fighter: Russia ~ ASIAN DEFENCE

RIA Novosti is notorious anti-China sourgraped news report which will rubbish anything, even its fake.

A 3 years old year kid with half a brain will also easily comprehend a J-15 produced in year 2013 is definitely more superior than a 1990 build Su-33 due to the advances od microchips, processor , production method and material..

J-15 benefits from 3 D printing which helps to reduce addtional soldering weight material and additional usage of composite helps to further reduce more weight while still enhancing the service airframe of J-15.

China's J-15 fighter superior to Russian Su-33 - People's Daily Online

First, J-15 hasanavionicsmoreadvancedthanSu-33. Su-33 isequippedwithold-fashioned ARINC429 discreteavionicssystemofone-waylow-speeddatabus, whileJ-15 adoptsjointavionicssystemofbidirectionaldatabus.

TS-100, the Su-33's fire-control computer, has a computing speed of only 170,000 times per second, while the J-15's fire-control computer has an estimatedcomputing speed of over several million times per second.

The J-15 owns a much more advanced radar system than the Su-33. Due to its backward avionics system, the Su-33 can only serve as interceptors, and is incapableof air-to-ground precision strike.

The J-15 adopts improved materials and production techniques, and thus has greater strength and lighter weight.

Finally, the J-15 is powered by home-made Taihang (WS-10) turbofan engine, which is more powerful than the Su-33's engine. Overall, the J-15 is superior to theSu-33, and is comparable to world-class carrier-based aircraft such as the United States' F-18 and France's Rafale.

Let me quote you another fine example of Russian rubbishing which quickly pick up by Kanwa news defense but turn out to be the joke of the butt when they try to claim CV-16 Liaoning has no operational capapbilities due to lack of arrestor hook. :lol:

Russia refuses to sell arresters for Chinese aircraft carrier

This news was pick up from Rusnavy which publish plenty of lies and anti-China propaganda as they are bitter of Chinese advancement and overtaking the Russian.

Let me show you a video and see who is lying.. :lol:

You are emotionally picking up fake news that suit your agenda. We can actually too but we are not as despicable like you.. :azn:

Posting fake news will not make you look smart but stupid. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom