What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Programming is not my work although I do hack around a bit with Perl and Python in data processing of my wafers before shipping them off to customers. SIFT and Matlab? I hope you understand that while SIFT is useful for creating objects, even 3D ones, from features extracted from images, SIFT does a terrible job at extrapolating or inferring the original physical dimensions of whatever it is in the photo image.

Did I say, any where in my previous statement, that my project entails extrapolating or inferring the original physical dimensions of the object under analysis? No. The objective is image identification, or matching an object photographed with another in the database. Solar-centrism argument from you once again.

The reason I do that is because, unlike you Chinese boys, I have respect for people's intelligence, even if they are ignorant of the subjects under discussions. I cleared up misconceptions, explained concepts and practices using easily relatable analogies, and support my arguments will credible third party sources. Something you Chinese boys hate to do and hate even more to see when you are challenged.

More patronizing arguments from you and your despicable tendency to categorize an entire group of people. What you've said, as I've stated before, is the same as me labelling arrogant, ill-mannered people "American Vietnamese boys". When is the last time you've owned up to anything Gambit? Don't tell me you never make a single mistake.

Oh just one more thing Gambit. The "Chinese boys" aren't the ones who are afraid of being challenged. You are. As a matter of fact you are very afraid of carrying on reasonable arguments since they go against your stereotype of "Chinese boys".

Am flattered...:lol:...But the reality is that my mockery of you Chinese boys has more to do with your willingness to engage in intellectual dishonesty than of your intelligence and education. If anything, the more intelligent and educated the person, the greater that willingness to cast aside his education and the demand for critical thinking from that education to support a view and/or express an opinion he knows to be wrong.

Intellectual dishonesty is what I call inferring that an aircraft has "flight control bugs" just from a single picture. The difference between real Engineers and internet snobs is that the former trouble shoots and debugs while the latter comes to a conclusion using less rigorous methods.

Intellectual dishonesty is what I call inferring that an aircraft has "flight control bugs" just from a single picture. The difference between real Engineers and internet snobs is that the former trouble shoots and debugs while the latter comes to a conclusion using less rigorous methods.

兄弟,理这个越南版离子鱼干神码,他故意气你,没必要和这个老猴子生气:azn:

What happened to the 'use English' admonition given to the Viets? Aaahhh....I get it...The Chinese boys are exempt from the rules.

Ahem, you flout the rules all the time. You denigrate Chinese members as fanboys and are disrespectful of others' opinions. Your unfriendly and anti-social attitude lead to your banning at SinoDefence.

How many times have you played the "Chinese are picking on my partial Vietnamese roots" routine? The first couple of times were understandable. However, your constant use of the ruse to derail threads and smear Chinese is offensive.

But the reality is that my mockery of you Chinese boys has more to do with your willingness to engage in intellectual dishonesty than of your intelligence and education.

Perhaps you should stop spending your time attacking valuable Chinese members like HouShanghai, who are posting the most recent up-to-date pictures of the J-20 Mighty Dragon from China.

----------

Let's compare HouShanghai's contribution to the J-20 Mighty Dragon thread versus yours.

HouShanghai has posted hundreds (even possibly over a thousand) J-20 Mighty Dragon pictures in the original J-20 thread and this current thread.

You have criticized the J-20 nonstop, many times unfairly, like a STD on a healthy host (e.g. the rest of us).

Bottom line: If HouShanghai stopped contributing, we would all miss him greatly. On the other hand, we would be relieved if you took a long vacation. Bon Voyage!

27_121888_8bcceddcf951fef.jpg

What happened to the 'use English' admonition given to the Viets? Aaahhh....I get it...The Chinese boys are exempt from the rules.

Which explains why chinese-dragon and cardsharp both got banned for relatively light offences while you kept on piling up infractions and never got the ban? Looks Gambit is exempt from the rules.

兄弟,理这个越南版离子鱼干神码,他故意气你,没必要和这个老猴子生气:azn:

Don't compare him with lizyu please. He is under enough flak already. This comparison is seriously embarrassing for him. Maybe the mods at CD will ban you once I tell them what you said :D :D :D.

Oh yeah Gambit looking for your page long retort tomorrow. Good night and please do answer my questions instead of deviously evading them with half-relevant strawmen tomorrow.

Did I say, any where in my previous statement, that my project entails extrapolating or inferring the original physical dimensions of the object under analysis? No. The objective is image identification, or matching an object photographed with another in the database. Solar-centrism argument from you once again.
Hey...You asked for advice so I gave it to you. Without specifics about the project, anyone must give advice based upon guesses. Heck...I would venture that if an object exists in multiple images in this database but with different aspect angles of a certain feature, say an F-15 cockpit canopy, SIFT would give at best %50 result because different poses of the F-15 would give different aspects of the same canopy. That is from the 'invariant' demand of the SIFT algorithm.

More patronizing arguments from you and your despicable tendency to categorize an entire group of people. What you've said, as I've stated before, is the same as me labelling arrogant, ill-mannered people "American Vietnamese boys". When is the last time you've owned up to anything Gambit? Don't tell me you never make a single mistake.
My English is terrible despite the fact that I learned the language in only one year. I make grammatical mistakes all the time, so much that I make only half hearted effort to monitor myself. But for technical issues, I make extra efforts to be as accurate as possible without giving away certain knowledge. Since I encourage people to use keyword searches to verify my posts and so far no one came back to me and showed me where am I wrong...But in contrast to your so-called 'Engineer' in your playground who made that collosal technical blunder about certain flight controls issues, he refused to admit he was wrong, made a flippant remark when faced with overwhelming evidences, and YOU 'Thanked' him for a 'useful' post. A technical mistake of that level is 'useful'...???

Oh just one more thing Gambit. The "Chinese boys" aren't the ones who are afraid of being challenged. You are. As a matter of fact you are very afraid of carrying on reasonable arguments since they go against your stereotype of "Chinese boys".
Of course you Chinese boys are afraid of being challenged. So far, none of you dispute the fact that in the beginning, I gave the Chinese members here the respect I believe everyone deserve and I did that by staying on topic and support my arguments with credible third party sources. In return, I was figuratively spat on, called a 'racist' because I challenged Chinese fantastic claims, and received cheap and personal racist insults for no other reasons. Once you Chinese boys found out I am a Viet, the insults got worse. Does the fact that some of you Chinese boys are banned mean nothing to you?

That is a good belly laugh. That show the need for you, an academic, to get out of the classroom and be among working professionals. Good technicians and engineers FIRST infer, then they troubleshoot and debug. An inference, based upon sound basic system knowledge, make for an excellent starting point in resolving complex problems. If anything, the more complex the machineries and problem involved, the greater the need for the man to take a deep breath, pause for a few moments to infer or guess what the cause(s) may be, then act. Basic system knowledge is the foundation of good guesses or inferrences, even if the guess is wrong, at least it eliminate one what was thought to be probable causes.

Your unfriendly and anti-social attitude lead to your banning at SinoDefence.
Yeah...The evidences said despite a join date of 2009, I have only 80-something post count and ONE long discussion. But hey...Exaggerations and the lies, there and here, are the Chinese boys' stock in trade.

Yeah...The evidences said despite a join date of 2009, I have only 80-something post count and ONE long discussion. But hey...Exaggerations and the lies, there and here, are the Chinese boys' stock in trade.

There you go again.

You're accusing us of: "Exaggerations and the lies, there and here, are the Chinese boys' stock in trade." This is your standard routine. Never miss an opportunity to smear the Chinese members. Come on, take a break.

If you made the same baseless accusation in the Indian sub-forum, you would be banned instantly. The only reason you haven't been banned in the Chinese sub-forum by now is due to the gracious forbearance of the Chinese members. Think about that for a while.

----------

Since I just remembered, I will take this opportunity to remind you of another bogus criticism of yours about the J-20. Based on a picture of the J-20's vertical stabilizers, you claimed the J-20 likely/possibly had a software integration problem. You remember that crazy claim of yours?

Another erroneous, misleading, and totally unwarranted criticism of China's J-20 Mighty Dragon as a result of your strong anti-China bias.

----------

In an earlier post you challenged me to name a single untrue claim/statement by you. Here are three:

1. Your stubborn claim that warheads only fall vertically onto their targets. (Yes, I know about your latest excuses. I don't find them convincing. You screwed up, admit it.)

2. You objected to my claim that China's ASBM had a 1,000 km range. I remember you also called me a "fanboy" repeatedly in that thread, which made me more determined to prove you wrong. Otherwise, I might have just let the issue slide. Anyway, using my argument of a likely Chinese SOSUS system, my calculation of 930 to 960 km detection range proved my claim of a 1,000 km range for China's ASBM was perfectly reasonable.

3. You made the crazy claim about J-20 software integration problems based on a picture of a parked J-20 and the position of its vertical stabilizers. I argued that China had over a decade of experience with fly-by-wire on the J-10 (since its first flight in 1998). You ignored my insight and insisted there was a software integration problem. The J-20 Mighty Dragon flew within a couple of weeks of your crazy claim. You were proven wrong.

Bottom line: There you have it. You make plenty of mistakes like the rest of us. Stop claiming to be infallible. You're embarrassing yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chengdu_J-10#Flight_control_system

"Due to the J-10's aerodynamically unstable design, a digital quadruplex-redundant fly-by-wire flight control system aids the pilot in flying the aircraft. Chinese aircraft designer Yang Wei is claimed to be the chief designer of the fly-by-wire flight control system....The flight control computer provides automatic flight coordination and keeps the aircraft from entering potentially dangerous situations such as unintentional slops or skids. This therefore frees the pilot to concentrate on his intended tasks during the combat."

Since I just remembered, I will take this opportunity to remind you of another bogus criticism of yours about the J-20. Based on a picture of the J-20's vertical stabilizers, you claimed the J-20 likely/possibly had a software integration problem. You remember that crazy claim of yours?

Another erroneous, misleading, and totally unwarranted criticism of China's J-20 Mighty Dragon as a result of your strong anti-China bias.
You should read up what I said about what make a good technician or engineer. Looks like you would make neither.

Back
Top Bottom