What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

I find you boring with your attempts at slander.
As if what you have been posting so far is anything new.

Chinese fighter aircraft design has a multi-decade history of using delta wings. Canards were later added to provide additional lift.
All the more reason to think the J-20 is more '4th gen' than '5th gen'.

The diagram listing 21 stealth defects on the French Rafale is a clear contrast to the J-20 Mighty Dragon, which has none of the Rafale's 21 deficiencies.
And would be irrelevant if both aircrafts rises above a certain threshold. I know you have difficulty in understanding the concept of a threshold but this is more for the readers than for you.

It is debatable whether the J-20 LOAN engine nozzles (like the F-35) count as a deficiency.
The J-20's nozzles are nothing like the F-35's.

Anyway, you haven't raised a legitimate point and I'm leaving. If Dr. Somnath keeps trash talking the J-20, I'll be back.
Wrong...I have raised many legitimate points.

French Rafale has at least 21 non-stealth features

gWYVR.jpg

In this photograph of the French Rafale, I have incompletely labeled only 17 non-stealth features. The actual list is at least 21 non-stealth features. For example, the round engine nozzles, non-canted vertical stabilizer, non-saw toothed wheel bay doors, and lack of continuous curvature for the fuselage behind the cockpit are additional French Rafale non-stealth features.

It saddens me to see Mr. Somnath fall victim to French marketing. The French have made the silly claim that the Rafale is partially stealthy. Unfortunately, Mr. Somnath has swallowed the French propaganda. Aside from the partially stealthy S-duct, there are 20 fully non-stealthy features on the French Rafale.

In conclusion, the French Rafale suffers from 20 non-stealth features and one partial stealth feature. This means the French Rafale is just like any other non-stealthy 4th generation fighter.

----------
LLLOLLLZ martian so u agrree my POV about rafale's canards stealth superiority & all those flaws i had posted in reply to our POV.
Is int.??? :lol:
hey man when did i say rafale is a stealth plane ,it is a 4.5 GEN fighter
Dude even a new born baby knows rafale is a not stealth plane .But in order to divert attention or to hide ur defeat in debate ur unnecessary dragging Rafale into it .

But 1 thing i want to state is that rafale is much stealthier than all china"s 4th & 4.5 gen fighters .

The diagram listing 21 stealth defects on the French Rafale is a clear contrast to the J-20 Mighty Dragon, which has none of the Rafale's 21 deficiencies. It is debatable whether the J-20 LOAN engine nozzles (like the F-35) count as a deficiency.
Loollz atleast it has much stealthier canard than J20 .& plz check ur eyes dude how can u say J20 nozzles same as F35

Anyway, you haven't raised a legitimate point and I'm leaving.
no he have always raised legitimate point about j20 but u cant answer it . for that u need to have knowledege about stealth & aerodynamics which u dont have :lol:

If Dr. Somnath keeps trash talking the J-20, I'll be back.
llllollz u have also said that same thing earliear that i ll be back ,but what d^ck hair did u defend J20 :rofl:but instead u pointed out flaws in rafale which everyone knows it is a not a stealth plane like J20.
This shows that u can only bark but cant bite:lol:

Funny all these people trashing "Chinese physics", pltM3, gambit, and all the hindu trolls, are practically glued to this thread dedicated to the J-20. If the J-20 is so bad, why do all the experts consider it worth talking about? :D

Funny all these people trashing "Chinese physics", pltM3, gambit, and all the hindu trolls, are practically glued to this thread dedicated to the J-20. If the J-20 is so bad, why do all the experts consider it worth talking about? :D

We arn't the ones who start it. It's PHDs with degrees in Chinese physics that start all of the trash talking. I usually never post anything in this thread unless someone claims something provocative and there is no shortage of Chinese PHDs that are itching for a fight.

Rather odd, I think. Who said the J-20 is 'bad'? What is 'good' or 'bad' is quite relative, meaning the object must be in comparison to another. So if the J-20's believers start making claims about it, those who are interested in the subject would naturally begin to make comparisons. Believers and critics alike. But this further confirms what I have been saying all along -- that you Chinese boys simply do not like to be challenged. I said it before and will repeat: Wait for more definitive data.

Still...

mig-144_j-20.jpg

rafale_j-20.jpg

There is no denying the J-20's philosophical ancestry. The B-2's ancestry is the YB-49, not the B-52. The F-14, F-15, F-16, and the F-117 have no ancestry at all. The most standalone is the F-117. So for a claimed '5th gen' fighter, why is the J-20 so similar to the 1.44 and the Rafale?

Rather odd, I think. Who said the J-20 is 'bad'? What is 'good' or 'bad' is quite relative, meaning the object must be in comparison to another. So if the J-20's believers start making claims about it, those who are interested in the subject would naturally begin to make comparisons. Believers and critics alike. But this further confirms what I have been saying all along -- that you Chinese boys simply do not like to be challenged. I said it before and will repeat: Wait for more definitive data.

Still...

mig-144_j-20.jpg

rafale_j-20.jpg

There is no denying the J-20's philosophical ancestry. The B-2's ancestry is the YB-49, not the B-52. The F-14, F-15, F-16, and the F-117 have no ancestry at all. The most standalone is the F-117. So for a claimed '5th gen' fighter, why is the J-20 so similar to the 1.44 and the Rafale?

For all your genius analysis, I have one answer to your question: I don't know. :lol:

For all your genius analysis, I have one answer to your question: I don't know. :lol:
My guess is that the Chinese engineers NEEDED a foundation for the J-20. The J-20 is certainly a more refined aircraft than the Rafale and the 1.44 in terms of surface sophistication, but in terms of major RCS contributors, similarly complex bodies will produce similar clusterings of RCS contributors. The difference would be the intensity levels of these contributors. This will make it difficult for the J-20 to go below a clean F-18E/F in terms of total RCS.

My guess is that the Chinese engineers NEEDED a foundation for the J-20. The J-20 is certainly a more refined aircraft than the Rafale and the 1.44 in terms of surface sophistication, but in terms of major RCS contributors, similarly complex bodies will produce similar clusterings of RCS contributors. The difference would be the intensity levels of these contributors. This will make it difficult for the J-20 to go below a clean F-18E/F in terms of total RCS.

I am just going to agree with you from now on. Everything. :lol: Clearly Lockheed Martin missed hiring one of the greatest engineers!

I am just going to agree with you from now on. Everything.
:lol: Wise decision. Would make for a discussion far less cluttered with worthless 'Chinese physics'.

Clearly Lockheed Martin missed hiring one of the greatest engineers!
Then perhaps Lockheed should start investigating 'Chinese physics', beginning with trolling anonymous Internet forums. Bound to discover new laws of nature. We could only wonder why China is not winning Nobels left and right.

New images of the Chengdu J-20 fifth generation stealth fighter often appear on the Chinese Internet.

Those published in this post were taken in the last few days at Chengdu airport and uploaded on one of the most interesting Chinese military forums.

It looks like a new prototype (fourth, based on the 2004 code of an image someone thinks may have been photoshopped…) could soon fly along the first one, coded 2001, that has been involved in the testing activities since Jan. 11, 2011.

Here’s the image allegedly showing the J-20 coded 2004.
j-20-2004.jpg

j-20-poss-2004.jpg

j-20-possible-2nd-prototype.jpg

New images of the Chengdu J-20 fifth generation stealth fighter often appear on the Chinese Internet.

Those published in this post were taken in the last few days at Chengdu airport and uploaded on one of the most interesting Chinese military forums.

It looks like a new prototype (fourth, based on the 2004 code of an image someone thinks may have been photoshopped…) could soon fly along the first one, coded 2001, that has been involved in the testing activities since Jan. 11, 2011.

Here’s the image allegedly showing the J-20 coded 2004.
j-20-2004.jpg

j-20-poss-2004.jpg

j-20-possible-2nd-prototype.jpg
it looks like anew prototype,
if true then it,s a great news...

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom