What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Why it doesnt meet PAF(j-11)
yess j-10B will come with TVC bt jf-17 Engine with TTVC already tested on it few days back(ws-12)
actually i wanna say when jf-17 and j-10 are very much similar..
j-10 is better in payload bt after 100KN engine Jf-17 will also hav +5ton payload
with western avionics and AESA i am sure it will comparable to J-10B or i can say even better,,

what j-10B has only good radar and few more modication then j-10A

Jf-17 and J-10 are two totally different platform. It's the difference between a light fighter and a medium fighter. Jf-17's engine can never reach the thurst of J-10B, same for its payload:toast_sign:

This video was taken during practice run of the 60th anniversary of the PLAAF in northern China. The pilots basically demonstrated J-10A's basic maneuvers :toast_sign:

Jf-17 and J-10 are two totally different platform. It's the difference between a light fighter and a medium fighter. Jf-17's engine can never reach the thurst of J-10B, same for its payload:toast_sign:

for second quote no doubt

if these are basic than what will be extensive???

man its aw-sum
:china::pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

medium weight and light weight i knw
bt i am talking about jf-17 block II
J-10B will hav AESA and Jf-17 block II both
J-10B engine thrust will be 129Kn and jf-17 100KN
after greater use of composite jf-17 empty weight will be reduced and getting a 100Kn engine so its payload will also be increased..around 5ton and j-10B is 6ton
hard points will be increased to 9 of jf-17

J-10B wil be superior bt nt that much very little difference between jf-17 block II and j-10B

so personally i think PAF should go for j-11B or j-xx in future and keeep upgrading the jf-17 with high techs

medium weight and light weight i knw
bt i am talking about jf-17 block II
J-10B will hav AESA and Jf-17 block II both
J-10B engine thrust will be 129Kn and jf-17 100KN
after greater use of composite jf-17 empty weight will be reduced and getting a 100Kn engine so its payload will also be increased..around 5ton and j-10B is 6ton
hard points will be increased to 9 of jf-17

J-10B wil be superior bt nt that much very little difference between jf-17 block II and j-10B

so personally i think PAF should go for j-11B or j-xx in future and keeep upgrading the jf-17 with high techs

no matter what ever u put in Suzuki mehran(800cc) it can not compete Toyota corolla(200cc)

what ever you do with jf it can only carry max i mean max 4.5 ton of load now if you want to increase from that you need to increase the wing area and it increase drag so you need to put a more powerful engine for that u need to redesigned the engine bay

instead of making all these changes its better to develop a new aircraft

basically jf is a light weight aircraft and it will full its purpose very well. we just need a longer range radar on it and bvr missile with range in excess of 120km

:china::pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

guys i got these pics from internet i dont know weather they are posted before of not. just see the difference

J-10

now see J-10b

China had offered to Pakistan the J-10 for $40 million each. Pakistan has reportedly countered with a new offer of 25 million for each aircraft.
Lets us see what price they agree on. This may very well be one of the reasons, PAF has delayed the acquisition.

Pshamim sir,
Wats ur opinion about the rumours reguarding the purchase of J10B with possiable TOT and much more in numbers then just 36?
Thanks in advance sir.

Looking at souped up fulcrum's price of $27-29 Million or $34 Million for su-30, J10B $40 Million is expensive.

Looking at souped up fulcrum's price of $27-29 Million or $34 Million for su-30, J10B $40 Million is expensive.
$40 Mil per? Wow! That is way more expensive than what I thought it would be. Something like a fulcrum with good avionics seems like a better deal.

Have the Chinese had any other export customers for the J-10?

China had offered to Pakistan the J-10 for $40 million each. Pakistan has reportedly countered with a new offer of 25 million for each aircraft.
Lets us see what price they agree on. This may very well be one of the reasons, PAF has delayed the acquisition.

Sir can you clear some confusion here please.

Are those jets J-10A or J-10B or something else?

j 10b is going to be good it has IRST i heard it can detect stealth fighters but to a minimum range of a couple of km

wangrong...did you read pshamim's post.
If the approx price tag i stated are wrong do correct me.

with the upgraded avionics/twin engines fulcrum is being sold in the international market for the price tag I stated earlier while J-10B new single engine over priced yet to mature.
pshamim needs to give us information although I am sure $25 million each is without weaponry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom