What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Nuclear weapons need to be factored OUT in the war plan. We have deterrence as India knows we have those physics packages, and will invent new tactics to work under the nuclear rubicon, and we should be prepared to counter those.

Nasr isn't PAF's weapon, let's leave it out too. I know all services will fight in a war, but PAF would do what PAF is designed to do, and firing ('shooting' in an airforce jargon!) a Nasr isn't part of that.

Firstly who says that Nukes will be used in war? Why are we pushing so hard on this when we know we won't/can't deliver them?..assuming stuff is one thing but considering limitations of such weapons is another. We believe that our Nuclear weapons are the weapons of last resort, but whats the purpose of investing so much money in the tactical nuclear weapons when we are assuming that our Nuclear threshold WILL NOT be crossed by enemy? Why remain in such khush fehmi and keep on relying on conventional weapons only?

I'll clarify if it sounded as if Nasr is PAF's weapon when I said that it is 'an indirect answer' to MMRCA. What I meant was that there is a need to look at the bigger picture of the strategic edge achieved by India and to deny it the space to launch a limited war under the nuclear overhang. Its Pakistan's strategic forces that is and will decide its delivery....I hope its clear now!

China had successfully put WS10A in use, which is a reinforced prototype of AL-31.Why we still buy hundreds of AL-31 is that our production line of WS10A is overloaded,we need to bring in usable engine to pack up PLAAF into fight force ASAP in case of regional conflict, what Chinese goverment has the most is US dollar that's what Russian loved. As long as the window period is over, no single AL-31will be purchased by CHINA, i promise you my friend.Every chinese pilot interviewed credit J10 for it's super manueaverability.As we all know main chinese look implicit when they express themself, or the national security won't let any pilot say in the public how good feel is driving a J-10 with WS10A. It is still a sensitive topic in china even now.

wS-10 has nothing to do with AL-31, WS-10 is more related to american and british engines than russians

Well well
The last time I remember asking about FC-20 to a reliable source was back in 2010 and all i got then from him was
"mamla thanda hai"
Lets take a look at what happened

-Rumors from CDF of PAF getting a J-10A with customized avionics

-Dubai 2011 a PAF officer said that "Our modernization plan includes the induction of a J-10 class platform" when the reporter asked the variant he said "ours will be based on the B model"

-When i posted this our very own brother Santro reported that instead of the the earlier plan of inducting the J-10A's PAF has now adopted a more "comprehensive plan"

-By the time where MMRCA winner was about to be announced Santro reported about the numbers of JF-17's being cut to 150 from the original 250.

So we can assume that "the comprehensive plan" included reducing the number of JF-17's to increase the number of FC-20's..

And the confirmation of that was given before ... by Sir Pshamim who said that the initial numbers were increased from 36 to 58.

The plan to reduce the fleet was taken in light of future scenario's and current economic conditions.
It does not mean that the PAF may not change its mind next week that it wants to buy more JF-17's.
But the current economic conditions that plague the PAF have forced it to decide on a force of some 300 combat aircraft as certainty. With the FC-20 program coming in ONLY after finances are available... the Fc-20 is NOT on this years budget.. and it may not make next years either.
Right now.. by 2015.. the PAF is looking at a Fleet of some 90 ish F-16's, A 130ish JF-17's(more to be added in 2016), and some 30-40 F-7PG's... it may retain its ROSE strike fleet in reserve.

Like Najam says.. who knows.
Maybe somehow those as of yet unknown and untouched swiss accounts may yield some billion that may allow us budget the FC-20 quicker into budget.
Finance is the ONLY variable that stands between the PAF and its ideal goals.

Finance is the ONLY variable that stands between the PAF and its ideal goals.

That is the same the world over!

Getting the economic base stronger makes all the difference for defense plans, no matter what arm.

wS-10 has nothing to do with AL-31, WS-10 is more related to american and british engines than russians
Even WS10B is designed in the reference of core engine of AL31F and do lots of improvement with China Wisdom, why you don't willing to recognize it? You got any insider information to prove i am trollong?

Even WS10B is designed in the reference of core engine of AL31F and do lots of improvement with China Wisdom, why you don't willing to recognize it? You got any insider information to prove i am trollong?

Genius, what is a WS10B? If you are talking about WS10A, then one would tell you that the core engine of WS10A comes from F101 (or CFM56).

Differences in parameters:
AL-31F
Compression 4 fans+9 compr. stages
Bypass ratio 0.59:1
Turbine 2-single stage(hi+Lo)

WS-10A/F100-GE
Compression 3 fans + 9 compr. stages
Bypass ratio 0.78:1 (For WS-10A)
Turbine 3-stages (2 lo+ 1hi)

And no one was actually accusing you for trolling. We simply expect that you should learn something about the topic before you start talking about it.

just google it mate

What type of engine packed on J10b, any detail specification?when will Fc20 delivered to Paf to deal with Indian MMRCA,any info?

Depends on PAF's requirement. If PAF wanted J10B to be delivered in say this year. Then J10B or not, the first batch of FC20 could only be installed with AL31. If PAF is more patient, then perhaps J10B with more powerful and reliable WS10A will join PAF. However in either cases, WS10A or its further variants are not copies of AL31

j-10B at present has ws-10B engine with 136KN thrust

The one to be delivered will be the best one and might get the ws-10G 155kn engine

j-10B at present has ws-10B engine with 136KN thrust

The one to be delivered will be the best one and might get the ws-10G 155kn engine

Brother, that might be a bit too optimistic. 136kn of thrust (if this is the reality today) with reliable performance is more than what you can ask from a WS10 in the coming 2 years. WS10 might reach 144kn after 2015, but now we have to look into a more feasible option because there is already a unbalance in the sky. If today the Chinese is able to provide J10Bs (even J10As) with reliable trust-worthy engines, I would say that's more than enough.

P.S. What is a WS10B? Are you guys referring WS10 which used on J10? I don't recall any significant improvements were done on the so called WS10B comparing to the WS10A on J11B. In fact, I would say they are almost the same except the position of the gear box.

I think it is more likely to install WS10A on FC-20. WS-10A is falling behind it's deadline so we use Af-31FN for J-10A. But now Ws-10A is ready for J10b, and it's reliable performance appreciated by PLAAF officer.

Ws-10B is a improved variant of Ws-10 engine series

with possible TVC

ws-10G is a variant with 155Kn thrust and Stealthy nozzel

Back
Top Bottom