What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

j-10b has two primary roles, a testbed of avionics and some sub systems for the j-20 as well as to become the fc-20 for PAF. It most likely has an AESA as the nose design suggests (NRIET made in 2008). Cant wait to see it in PAF

2015 is not too far:cheers:

What about formal agreement with China for supply of FC-20?? I believe that it is yet to be signed.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

What about formal agreement with China for supply of FC-20?? I believe that it is yet to be signed.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

yeah atleast apparently who knows the inside story as most Sino-Pak deals are made under the cover and you don't know what is coming util it leaks out .there are lot of examples from the past supporting my claim.

some insider posted:There would be no J20 without J10B.

ºÚË¿½ãÇÀ·çÍ·£¬¹÷×ÓB¸çÔõô°ì£¿[Page:1] - ¿Õ¾ü°æ - ¡º ³¬¼¶´ó±¾ÓªÂÛ̳ ¡» ³¬È»ÎïÍâ ÓÐÈÝÄË´ó - Super Military Base
没有棍子B就没有新丝带,没有棍子B就没有新丝带~
这个要用那个歌曲的调子唱出来

Hahahaha funny song.

It is sad to see the J-10 threads getting neglected due to the J-20 though. Another thing that ticks me off is how people claim that no more J-10s will be made... They have no concept of cost/performance ratios.

some insider posted:There would be no J20 without J10B.

ºÚË¿½ãÇÀ·çÍ·£¬¹÷×ÓB¸çÔõô°ì£¿[Page:1] - ¿Õ¾ü°æ - ¡º ³¬¼¶´ó±¾ÓªÂÛ̳ ¡» ³¬È»ÎïÍâ ÓÐÈÝÄË´ó - Super Military Base
没有棍子B就没有新丝带,没有棍子B就没有新丝带~
这个要用那个歌曲的调子唱出来

Thanks for confirmation bro..

I think it is obvious that there are technologies that go from the one to the other. The engineers, projectmanagers and others are located in the same area and the same factories. But I think it is a blessing for the smallest (JF17) to be allowed to get better and better technologies. Only the engine is the big different thing. RD93 versus AL31F or derivative versus unknown... You can see the same HUD as J11b (3d holgr.) .

I think they have two prototypes to speed up as much as possible. One with AL31 and one witn Chinese engines. And knowing that we can say that they must be sure that their versions work. No one is going to risk such prototype.

I think that 2014/2015 will be very important year for Pakistan. If India moves faster to stealth technology or huge quantative advantage (MRCA/SU30) then I expect Pakistan might opt for something near this plane. Unless the JF17 stealth is going to be seriously good. But knowing the strategy of Pakistan we will get surprised. We saw Babur... We saw Ra'ad... We will see something like predator. And we maybe see something more stealthy then what we have. The Indians expect overwhelming power but if a smaller Pakistan can sneak up their high tech then the overwhelming power is eroded, atleast in their minds.

J-10B, (fc-20) is rumored to be equipped with first Chinese EMCON (Emmission Control) technology as is the case with j-20. Apart of f-22 and f-35, Super Hornet is another example. Satcom is already there in j-10A so this is good news indeed.

I am still a bit surprised we do not use satcom in JF17. Ok, we do not have it. We have hardly strategic depth... But still, it could be far more difficult to counter and you could go for deep strike.

The satcom on the J10/FC20 is that white dis behind the cockpit. I think they have a different system for J20. Looking forward to the testflight tomorrow!

JFT does have SATCOM integrated my friend :). In the mean time, enjoy the fc-20 a.k.a J 10 b prototype 03...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b146/KhanSaeed/PLAAFJ-10B03-1.jpg

fc-20.jpg

Why isn't any video of J-10B out yet? It is very strange. J-XX's video is out so fast. Doesn't it seem weird? Some people on the net have start believing that this plane is a hoax.

I have a theory, that FC-20 is in fact the J-20.
Superficially, they all have the number 20 in their designations, which might indicate some kind of connection.

Logically, assuming the rumours that J-10B is used as a testbed for many 5th gen. technologies is true, then J-10B technology is J-XX technology. Would China export J-10B when she is not ready to export J-XX? Probably not. However, when she is ready to export J-XX, would Pakistan still want J-10B? Probably not.

I think J-10B is not going to see service in any air force.

I have a theory, that FC-20 is in fact the J-20.
Superficially, they all have the number 20 in their designations, which might indicate some kind of connection.

Logically, assuming the rumours that J-10B is used as a testbed for many 5th gen. technologies is true, then J-10B technology is J-XX technology. Would China export J-10B when she is not ready to export J-XX? Probably not. However, when she is ready to export J-XX, would Pakistan still want J-10B? Probably not.

I think J-10B is not going to see service in any air force.

I disagree, J-10B will see active service because
1- it offers a lot more over standard J-10 model so even PLAAF will be eagerly eyeing this as standard J-10 variant
2- The details of PAF deal indentified J-10 and even ACM said that PAF has no contribution towards 5th Gen which implies that PAF has not been eyeing J-20.

Back
Top Bottom