What's new

CCP backed Pop Singer debuts in the US in soft power drive

- Buddhism came from India.
- Kung Fu came from India.
- Arabic numerals that Chinese use came from India.

Sorry DN, Buddhism doesn't meant a thing to us from HK, hardly anyone practicing religion here anyway.

Kung Fu, are you kidding me, stop spreading indian trash as facts please. who's going to buy some race mostly suffering from stunt growth due to malnutrition has the will and energy to practice Kung Fu?

Arabic numbers? we've our own thousands yrs ago, so be a honest DN for once in your life, quit taking credits you don't deserve.
dp3As.jpg

- Buddhism came from India.
- Kung Fu came from India.
- Arabic numerals that Chinese use came from India.

Even the Word China comes from India. :lol:
The word "China" is derived from Cin (چین), a Persian name for China popularized in medieval Europe by the account of the 13th-century Venetian explorer Marco Polo. The first recorded use in English dates from 1555.The Persian word is, in turn, derived from the Sanskrit word Cīna (चीन), which was used as a name for China as early as AD 150

China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't know why CCP needs to make this effort, Chinese soft power has long been in USA in terms of food and culture.

I'm somewhat annoyed everyone neglects the joy that is HK-pop. :angry:

Hong Kong should rightfully have its representation of Chinese soft culture.

But K-pop and Korean dramas are gold, no disputing that.

China's soft power is its food and kung fu....Korea- kpop, dramas....India- bollywood,music,yoga

Love Korean movies. Class of their own.

I guess you never heard of yoga or kamasutra or bollywood. Cannot fault you for your limited exposure SEC :lol:
We were talking about Chinese stuffs that came from India, like Buddhism and Kung Fu, brought to China by Indian monks.

Don't know why CCP needs to make this effort, Chinese soft power has long been in USA in terms of food and culture.
The word "China" doesn't invoke positive thoughts in the minds of foreigners.

I'm somewhat annoyed everyone neglects the joy that is HK-pop.
No professional singers, just a bunch of middle-aged actors moonlighting as singers part-time. In all, it is the lack of criticism from the public that keeps HK-pop down.

Korea too has this problem, with a bunch of Korean actors having secondary singing careers in Japan based on the strength of their drama/movie fanbase, not because they could really sing. Fortunately, those guys never bother to release any singles in Korea(Japan only) as they would be torn apart by harsh local critics.

Back
Top Bottom