What's new

Capt Kernal Sher Khan (NH)

This episode reminds a verse from the famous 1965 war song

" Aye putr hattan tey nain wickdey.
Kyon labdi phirain bazaar kurey'

meaning sons such these are not sold in shops, why waste your time looking in the bazaar.

I am truly honoured to belong to the same country as Capt Karnal Sher Khan and I salute the mothers who give birth to such brave sons.

Tomb of Shaheed Captain Kernel Sher Khan.

You make us proud captain. My salute to you.

Fire :sniper: :sniper: :sniper:

:pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:

New Delhi: Pakistan army’s Colonel Karnal Sher Khan, who died during the Kargil war, is remembered with great pride.

The man who fought on Tiger Hill from Pakistan's side was given the Nishan e Haidar, Pakistan’s highest gallantry award on the recommendation of the Indian Army.

Captain K Sher Khan's brother Sikandar Sheikh says, “Allah ka shukar hai ki humara dushman bhi koi busdil dushman nahi hai. Agar log kahen ki India busdil hai to main kahunga nahi kyuki usne aelania keh diya ki karnel sher hero hai (No enemy is a coward. I won’t call India coward because it proclaimed Sher Khan as a hero).”

Captain Khan had led an assault to re-capture Tiger Hill soon after Indian troops had taken it and had lost his life in the process.

Ten years after Kargil, Karnal Sher Khan is a folk hero. His images visible everywhere, his native village has even been renamed after him.

Sikandar Sheikh says, "Ek game hai yeh. circikete ek game hai, Chakka mara..mara. Ye ek game hai. Cup milna hai bahadur ko. Cup Kernel Sher ko mila.aur wo bhi dushman ke kehe par (War’s a cricket game, but the winner has got the cup awarded by the opponent)."

^^^This Indian report is nonsense. While they’re acknowledging Kernal Sher Khan’s courage and tenacity, they’re still trying to claim that Pakistani soldiers lacked a sense of honor. Apparently, Indian dramas of Pakistan having tortured Indian soldiers are being cited as proof of this, while completely forgetting the event involving mutilation of Pakistani bodies at the hands of Indian soldiers, reported proudly by their own media. They still have the arrogance to claim that honor was present only on the Indian side.:angry:

^^^This Indian report is nonsense. While they’re acknowledging Kernal Sher Khan’s courage and tenacity, they’re still trying to claim that Pakistani soldiers lacked a sense of honor. Apparently, Indian dramas of Pakistan having tortured Indian soldiers are being cited as proof of this, while completely forgetting the event involving mutilation of Pakistani bodies at the hands of Indian soldiers, reported proudly by their own media. They still have the arrogance to claim that honor was present only on the Indian side.:angry:

Dear Sir,

Which part of the report is nonsense, according to you?

Is it your contention that the Pakistan Army acknowledged this brave soldier's courage and gallantry on its own, without the Indian Army having written and commended him?

Or is it purported reports in Indian media that Indian soldiers mutilated the bodies of Pakistani soldiers?

I would appreciate your reply.

Since it is easy to seek clarifications from Col. Airey, if your problem is with the gallantry award, this can be verified quite easily, and I intend to do so, as also to check with the Pakistani authorities through available channels.

If your problem is with the latter, I would be grateful for names of the media involved, whether electronic or print, and dates, if such information is available.

If it is some other aspect, I have no interest in the matter.

Joe S.

The report concludes with the notion that Pakistani soldiers, despite their courage, lacked honor compared to the Indian Army. That is why I consider the quality of the report to be rubbish. The Indian commander’s commending of Kernal's bravery is something that does the Indian Army credit. You should go over the video to avoid confusion. If its references to my claim that the Indian media reported atrocious behavior from the Indian side that you seek, then go over this thread:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-history/11832-kargil-debacle-lost-opportunity-13.html
I’ve quoted the India Today piece in the 190th post.

yes. Captain Kernal Sher Khan is the second Nishan-e-haider to have recieved commendation from the Indian side too. The first was another great guy from the 1971 war. I'm not going to name him.
Can anyone guess? :-)

^^^This Indian report is nonsense. While they’re acknowledging Kernal Sher Khan’s courage and tenacity, they’re still trying to claim that Pakistani soldiers lacked a sense of honor.

Now this is called selective amnesia - while you very conveniently accept the part about Col.Sher Khan, you intend to totally rubbish the fact that Indian soldiers where tortured by the PA.

Remember that the IA had shown professionalism by recommending a enemy soldier for gallantry, based on his bravery and not by the color of his uniform. Have we seen such professionalism by the PA?? On the contrary the bodies of the NLI soldiers killed in Kargil where quietly delivered to their homes and buried with ought any military honors and recognition.

Apparently, Indian dramas of Pakistan having tortured Indian soldiers are being cited as proof of this,

Watch this video and then tell me that the anguish of Lt.Saurabh Kalias family on his torture, is drama.

CJ takes on India, Pak govts over torture of Kargil hero: IBNLive.com > Videos

while completely forgetting the event involving mutilation of Pakistani bodies at the hands of Indian soldiers, reported proudly by their own media. They still have the arrogance to claim that honor was present only on the Indian side.:angry:

And when did that happen!!?? Care to provide some proof.

Last edited:
Remember that the IA had shown professionalism by recommending a enemy soldier for gallantry, based on his bravery and not by the color of his uniform. Have we seen such professionalism by the PA?? On the contrary the bodies of the NLI soldiers killed in Kargil where quietly delivered to their homes and buried with ought any military honors and recognition.
During 65 and 71 war..PAF Sent notes to IAF regarding some pilots who were KIA and asked IAF to honor them.One pilot also got Vir Chakra on PAF Recommendation. (I don't have full details on this..ill try to digg up Mr Muradk's post where he posted this info...) and as far as torture is concerned we do know the story of a soldier who was tortured so badly for 30 years and when he returned to Pakistan he was in bad mental health.Hell, Your Army has tortured civilians in Kashmir..let's not forget the soldier who your Army mutilated and hung his body on a tree.Very Professional indeed.

During 65 and 71 war..PAF Sent notes to IAF regarding some pilots who were KIA and asked IAF to honor them.One pilot also got Vir Chakra on PAF Recommendation. (I don't have full details on this..ill try to digg up Mr Muradk's post where he posted this info...) and as far as torture is concerned we do know the story of a soldier who was tortured so badly for 30 years and when he returned to Pakistan he was in bad mental health.Hell, Your Army has tortured civilians in Kashmir..let's not forget the soldier who your Army mutilated and hung his body on a tree.Very Professional indeed.

Again only allegations & tall claims, but no proof. Get some proof first, only then your points can be taken seriously.

Renegade do yourself a favor and go over the link Kasrkin posted. Everything you are claiming has already been addressed there. Thanks.

Indian soldiers where tortured by the PA.
Tortured!?
i mean we were at war, we were not fighting in Kashmir or Siachen where stalemate exits and you can raid posts, take POWs and then torture them as you have lots of time at your disposal. Kargil was fluid battle, people were killed and they got killed, why would we waste time in torturing an indian?

BTW, this is the property shown by the indians quite a few times now, remember back in the 90s when one of our Rangers Jawan was abducted right on the border and tortured like hell? i can quote you another example but i dont know how mauch it is known in the public so to be safe i'll omit it.

Remember that the IA had shown professionalism by recommending a enemy soldier for gallantry, based on his bravery and not by the color of his uniform.
Thankyou very much sir.

But on a second thought, thanks but no thanks.

Have we seen such professionalism by the PA??
Is it necessary that such things be reciprocated? Is there a rule or law about this?

BTW, it might we true that we wanted to do the same thing but we couldnt find a gallant from the other side.
On the contrary the bodies of the NLI soldiers killed in Kargil where quietly delivered to their homes and buried with ought any military honors and recognition.
Duh..!?
When did this happened?

If it would have happened the morale of the Army in general and NLI Regiment in particular have gone down the drain, but you dont see that happening actually, do you?

BTW, i guess you missed all the programs, functions and ceremonies that were held to honor the martyrs.

Watch this video and then tell me that the anguish of Lt.Saurabh Kalias family on his torture, is drama.

CJ takes on India, Pak govts over torture of Kargil hero: IBNLive.com > Videos
i am not aware of any torture that took place on our side, but what i know is that dead bodies of indian troops have been laying in open for days and days and they rot as no one from both the side was able to get to them, as they were laying in the No Man's Land and the repeated attacks by the IA made it impossible to pick up the dead bodies, moreover, no one from your side also never tried to reach them and they were left to rot!! i know people who say that they have to change the position of their Posts as there was such smell in the air that one could not have possibly lived because the bodies ******* in open and no one approach them due to fire!! Your video link doeant work, sorry to say this but may be he was one of them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom