What's new

Can Pakistan survive without US aid?

First of all the so called AId US is giving its not aid but its a compensation....

Plus Pakistanis are already surviving without US aid just imagine this idiotic & so called economic "experts" sitting in US or canada dont even know that Pakistan only rec hardly 1 billlion dollars as compensation/aid (of which hardly 400 or 500 million received by Pakistan Govt & the other money goes to US financial system) & Pakistan Govt yearly expenditures are more than 40 billions dollars & thet oney is provided by Pakistan's taxpayers, exports & remittances.

Pakistan may survive but Pakistani leaders probably wont!

They owe us money for the supply line. That doesn't come free........ :whistle:

Supplies of "fresh glue" are "drying up". What comes next?

Isn't that the worry. The issue with reduction in aid is still the underlying fact that some form of aid will continue. If the only purpose served by aid is to prop up an unjust system, then Pakistan can make do with far less aid.

The Pakistani political parties and military leaderships will pass over any reduction in aid straight to the people. Anyhow, how many billions are required to keep a generic Zardari type figure happy. Less aid may cripple the economy, but would only do so a few years before the pace of population growth does so itself. On the other, those in charge will still be able to buy European mansions, cars, and education.

Africa and its many failed nations are great case studies to look into; for the nation may have failed, those who run it continue to prosper. And until those who run it, see no reason to change it, why would Pakistan change at all.

Just start collecting taxes more, forget about on question of sustaining without US aid, people will be taalking will pakistan grow at 6% or 7%.

on topic
i don't think pakistan will have any problem without this aid, but first think pakistan should tell US to pay compensation, not call it aid, to the damage done to pak infrastructure....Plus some cutback in few areas and investment in major one will take care of it.

Looking through the decade and current scenario exhibit Pakistan survival is endanger, but I feel it can now only survive WITH OUT AID (as AID to me means interventation and dictations to Pakistan)....

nahi smjo gay tuo mit jao gay Pakistan walo
tumhari daastan tak na ho gi daastanon men
(Allama Iqbal:
I substiture Pakistan=Hindustan from original couplet)

Isn't that the worry. The issue with reduction in aid is still the underlying fact that some form of aid will continue. If the only purpose served by aid is to prop up an unjust system, then Pakistan can make do with far less aid.

The Pakistani political parties and military leaderships will pass over any reduction in aid straight to the people. Anyhow, how many billions are required to keep a generic Zardari type figure happy. Less aid may cripple the economy, but would only do so a few years before the pace of population growth does so itself. On the other, those in charge will still be able to buy European mansions, cars, and education.

Africa and its many failed nations are great case studies to look into; for the nation may have failed, those who run it continue to prosper. And until those who run it, see no reason to change it, why would Pakistan change at all.

Exactly correct.

This is why I concluded the lack of a solution here:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistans-war/215893-pakistan-s-woes-diagnosis.html

It is becoming increasingly evident that a solution does not exist.

One Word.. YES.. Pakistani Politicians.. ?? Well that's a different story all together now.. Isnt it ?

Back
Top Bottom