What's new

Can it happen???!!

What_tha

BANNED
Reaction score

Delhi will bid for 2020 Olympics
Olympic flag
The Indian Olympic Association has stated that Delhi will bid for the 2020 Olympic Games.

The IOA will now not bid for the 2016 Games after India missed out on the race to host the 2014 Asian Games.

Delhi is already the venue for the 2010 Commonwealth Games, while India will co-host the 2011 cricket World Cup.

"We will start our preparations as soon as the 2010 Commonwealth Games are over," said IOA president Suresh Kalmadi. "Delhi will bid for 2020."

The bidding process for the 2020 Games will open in 2011.

"We thought of bidding for the 2016 Olympics because we already have the Commonwealth Games in 2010 and were planning to host the 2014 Asian Games," Kalmadi added.

"So by 2016 we could have had an Olympics for free, since by then infrastructure would have been in place."

International Olympic Committee president Jacques Rogge, in India to inaugurate an Olympic facility, told Kalmadi that the country should bid for 2020.

"I think you have great potential based on the general conditions of your country's progress, which will definitely also evolve in a positive way at the time when the Games are awarded in 2013," he said.

"We have a lot of expectations from India and we in the IOC think that India have great potential in sports.

"You have six years to prepare an impeccable bid. You have to unite for it."

Delhi lost out to the South Korean port city of Incheon in the race for the 2014 Asian Games last week.
Well,ask of hosting 2012 olympics, definitely Delhi didn't stand a chance, but guys 10 years!, Seeing the rapid improvement in Delhi rite now, i m sure it stands a Great chance to host 2020 olympics..
10 years!
If the govt. can do such a make over in 2-3 years for CWG , it can surely do a great good in 10 years..
Very much possible!

Delhi will bid for 2020 Olympics
Olympic flag
The Indian Olympic Association has stated that Delhi will bid for the 2020 Olympic Games.

The IOA will now not bid for the 2016 Games after India missed out on the race to host the 2014 Asian Games.

Delhi is already the venue for the 2010 Commonwealth Games, while India will co-host the 2011 cricket World Cup.

"We will start our preparations as soon as the 2010 Commonwealth Games are over," said IOA president Suresh Kalmadi. "Delhi will bid for 2020."

The bidding process for the 2020 Games will open in 2011.

"We thought of bidding for the 2016 Olympics because we already have the Commonwealth Games in 2010 and were planning to host the 2014 Asian Games," Kalmadi added.

"So by 2016 we could have had an Olympics for free, since by then infrastructure would have been in place."

International Olympic Committee president Jacques Rogge, in India to inaugurate an Olympic facility, told Kalmadi that the country should bid for 2020.

"I think you have great potential based on the general conditions of your country's progress, which will definitely also evolve in a positive way at the time when the Games are awarded in 2013," he said.

"We have a lot of expectations from India and we in the IOC think that India have great potential in sports.

"You have six years to prepare an impeccable bid. You have to unite for it."

Delhi lost out to the South Korean port city of Incheon in the race for the 2014 Asian Games last week.
Well,ask of hosting 2012 olympics, definitely Delhi didn't stand a chance, but guys 10 years!, Seeing the rapid improvement in Delhi rite now, i m sure it stands a Great chance to host 2020 olympics..
10 years!
If the govt. can do such a make over in 2-3 years for CWG , it can surely do a great good in 10 years..
Very much possible!

it will for sure, India will really push for this. Wait and watch.

they gone mad,even they cant manage cwg with 70 countries.i thought they are saying 20020

not yet boys........ wait for 2030
Don't be that defiant!, atleast we have developed to a stage where bidding for olympics makes sense for Delhi
Results:-Wait and watch till 2013,
My gut feelings says Delhi will make it

they gone mad,even they cant manage cwg with 70 countries.i thought they are saying 20020

The way south asian subcontinent is progressing..... it is possible we may host jointly in year 2030 :cheesy:

or even India all alone by this year. 20 years is a long period and if you look at india in 1990 and 2010....... i believe whole region will be shaped up in far better position and will be technology and economy rich by that time :tup:

The way south asian subcontinent is progressing..... it is possible we may host jointly in year 2030 :cheesy:

or even India all alone by this year. 20 years is a long period and if you look at india in 1990 and 2010....... i believe whole region will be shaped up in far better position and will be technology and economy rich by that time :tup:

Dude wait till 2013 ... on that time India hosted CWG and Cricket Worl Cup and many more on the line ...I wish India Host next Asian Games so may be we are ready for 2020 olympics

Dude wait till 2013 ... on that time India hosted CWG and Cricket Worl Cup and many more on the line ...I wish India Host next Asian Games so may be we are ready for 2020 olympics

morning dream
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

this is not better for you

not yet boys........ wait for 2030

That's right... Though I am not sure whether there will be a Olympics event in 2030,

I would suggest to bid for the Olympics which will be held around 2030...

I personally don't think India can handle such a BIG event in 2020 itself in which most of the world will be participating...

Then only few country will match us if such a thing happens ...

Zaki our countries have so much of resources, so resources + technology - terrorism ... WOW... :victory:

Back
Top Bottom