What's new

Can india/pakistan turn the page?

Raja.Pakistani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Imran Khan in Agenda Aaj Tak India (Dec 7, 2012) [Full Video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing's going to happen by politicians and officials, only normal people can bring change, for that people should be given unrestricted, free egress and ingress. They should be checked for weapons on exit and entry.

I have always argued that we need a working relationship. No need to imagine singing duets.

A working relationship like we have with professional colleagues.

Trust, like Imran says is important. After Kargil, it would be easier to move Mt. everest than to convince the indian military establishment to trust Pakistan.

Similarly, Pakistan military after 71, began to hate india so much that they would rather go to hell if they knew the Indians would be in heaven.

So, trust should be gained. how? When we answer that question, we will have solved many of our problems.

Nothing's going to happen by politicians and officials, only normal people can bring change, for that people should be given unrestricted, free egress and ingress. They should be checked for weapons on exit and entry.

Mate, I disagree with the first part of the statement. Only if
politicians create the right atmosphere can a peace process move foreword.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have always argued that we need a working relationship. No need to imagine singing duets.

A working relationship like we have with professional colleagues.

Trust, like Imran says is important. After Kargil, it would be easier to move Mt. everest than to convince the indian military establishment to trust Pakistan.

Similarly, Pakistan military after 71, began to hate india so much that they would rather go to hell if they knew the Indians would be in heaven.

So, trust should be gained. how? When we answer that question, we will have solved many of our problems.

Totally agree and this is were a strong and stable political leader could help.

No. The people of Pakistan hate India.

You are very right....
On the other hand however, it does not take a genius to write the above.
The writing is on the wall already.
Dont need to read the lips.

Totally agree and this is were a strong and stable political leader could help.

Problem is we do not have such people.

Churchill said about us,

Power will go to rascals, rogues, freebooters. All leaders will be of low caliber & men of straw.They'll have sweet tongues & silly hearts. They will fight amongst themselves for power & the two countries will be lost in political squabbles.

You can live in your fantasies, but the majority of people in Pakistan hate India.

lol.

Well, yes but according to Pew, 74% think we have to work with India and improve relations.

On the other hand 13% Indians view Pakistan favorably.

But time is a great healer. After all 5 years after Kargil, we had indian team visiting Pakistan which was just unthinkable.

Back
Top Bottom