What's new

Can India GDP hit 7.3 Trillion$ in 2022?????

i watched a BBC documentary “india on four wheels” this afternoon and shocked by the infrastructure and the poor ,especially the childern scavengers.i think it is a long way to hit 7.3T$.there are many things to do....i wonder why the government do not provide education to the poor children?children are future of a country

I wonder why people make judgement without even doing a basic baidu search.

India makes education compulsory and free under landmark law

primary and secondary Education is compulsary and free in India.

Besides India also has a free-midday meal scheme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the problem.

China was growing VERY fast in the past decade. For example, in 2007 our GDP growth rate was 14.2%.

Whereas the IMF has pegged India's growth rate at around 4.9% for this year.

If you want to replicate our GDP expansion in the past decade, you'll need to replicate our growth rates for a similar length of time, i.e. a decade.

Here is the problem.

China was growing VERY fast in the past decade. For example, in 2007 our GDP growth rate was 14.2%.

Whereas the IMF has pegged India's growth rate at around 4.9% for this year.

If you want to replicate our GDP expansion in the past decade, you'll need to replicate our growth rates for a similar length of time, i.e. a decade.

Agreed, i don't think we can replicate but $ 6 trillion is certainly achievable target for the next decade if not $7.3 trillion.

P.S. sir pls don't quote IMF's figure again & again as if the IMF's word is a word of God, i m sure our growth rate this fiscal will be b/w 5.5-6 % if not more.

Currently only 25% of our GDP comes from Manufacturing. Where as China's Manufacturing sector contributes over half of its entire GDP. Currently India's economy is too dependent over service sector.........so every time recession strike Western Countries.....India struggle to keep its economy steaming.......If one look at current Euro-Zone economic crisis then all EU states are doing badly except Germany........because it has strong Manufacturing base which doesn't let its economy down even during crisis like this.

In the past decade, China's GDP jumped from 1.5 trillion to 7.3 trillion. That is an enormous jump, and here are some reasons:

1) We managed to have a SUSTAINED double-digit growth rate for the entire period. Whereas India in their fastest period of growth from 2000-2009, only had an average of 6.8% growth during those ten years.

2) The Yuan has been appreciating very strongly against the USD in the past decade.

usdcny.png

Financial Times - RMB hits 19-year high against dollar

Replicating that jump will require both a sustained double-digit growth rate for the next 10 years, and a massive appreciation in currency.

That was a one-time feat for China, our sustained growth rate will probably fall to 7.5% for the next decade.

Replicating that jump will require both a sustained double-digit growth rate for the next ten years, and a massive appreciation in currency.

That was a one-time feat for China, our sustained growth rate will probably fall to 7.5% for the next decade.

High-Octane growth has its own problem........like massive increase in property price and inflation. The massive appreciation of Yuan is result of gigantic volume of export as China's govt. controlled currency gives an extra advantage (which some countries say unfair) besides low-production cost. The huge pile of forex reserve currently China has finds limited scope to invest. That's why China's Govt. continued its purchase of US treasury bills even after well known rating agencies decreased its status. Long-term growth can only be sustained only in a certain circumstances.

in 2002, China GDP 1.6trillion$(10 trillion RMB), ten years later, China GDP hit 7.3trillion$(47trllion RMB) in 2011;
now India is at the same place with 2002's China, can India GDP hit 7.3 trillion$ in 2022????
yes or no???
No for sure. (dont take it as PakVsInd)

Back
Top Bottom