What's new

Can India GDP hit 7.3 Trillion$ in 2022?????

Dude, I am saying closer as compared to India.

Otherwise, if it was almost same than Chinese GDP PPP == Nominal GDP. and currency exchange rate was almost equal to $1.

Dont say that until you give me GDP PPP for 2022. then we wud see what will be the nominal GDP.

Be realistic man, nationalism is good, but don't let it blind you to some basic facts.

Simple Compound interest means that if we grow at 10% for the next 10 years, we will be at 4.7 trillion, which is veryyyy optimistic. On the other hand, as a bad case, if things stay the way they are and we grow at 5%, we will be at 2.9 trillion.

To get to 7.3 trillion, we will have to grow by 15% each year, something which is beyond impossible given how we have been. It would be a miracle if we get 15% year in, year out for a decade.

Nopes. YOu wud get zero if you do that calculation. :P

5-10 % is the real growth. rite?

Real GDP after calculation give GDP PPP ($) in terms of unit boxes of commodities.

Now this GDP PPP after multiplying by (p/e) gives nominal GDP.

NOw do focus on p/e and how it changes.

Ever taught why Chinese nominal GDP was going 15+% past decade ?

CD is not able to comprehend the difference between the real GDP and the nominal GDP. Nominal includes inflation.

CD is not able to comprehend the difference between the real GDP and the nominal GDP. Nominal includes inflation.

Please learn to read. :lol:

Just do a simple compound interest formula, to see how many years of growing at 5-10% it will take for 1.5 trillion to reach 7.3 trillion.

Did I say that you should use real GDP growth in the actual calculation? That would be stupid, and we've had this same argument before. I assumed that everyone here knows the distinction between real and nominal GDP growth already.

In fact I did not even mention the words "real" or "nominal" at all in my post, I think you are hallucinating.

Be realistic man, nationalism is good, but don't let it blind you to some basic facts.

Simple Compound interest means that if we grow at 10% for the next 10 years, we will be at 4.7 trillion, which is veryyyy optimistic. On the other hand, as a bad case, if things stay the way they are and we grow at 5%, we will be at 2.9 trillion.

To get to 7.3 trillion, we will have to grow by 15% each year, something which is beyond impossible given how we have been. It would be a miracle if we get 15% year in, year out for a decade.

No Indian has claimed that Indian economy will be 7.3 trillion by 2022

Please learn to read. :lol:

Did I say that you should use real GDP growth in the calculation? That would be stupid, and we've had this same argument before.

Your are confused...On one hand you say, Chinese economy has grown from 1.6 T to 7.3 T in 10 years and not able to explain it how.

Your are confused...On one hand you say, Chinese economy has grown from 1.6 T to 7.3 T in 10 years and not able to explain it with how.

You can't even tell the difference between "You're" and "Your" and you're trying to lecture people on the most simple economic principles? :lol:

And worst of all, we've had this same argument before. But apparently your memory is so bad that you can't remember it.

I know what the difference between real and nominal GDP is, EVERYONE does. You must be joking in thinking that you have some sort of secret knowledge, this is the stuff they teach in secondary school.

You can't even tell the difference between "You're" and "Your" and you're trying to lecture people on the most simple economic principles? :lol:

And worst of all, we've had this same argument before. But apparently your memory is so bad that you can't remember it.

I know what the difference between real and nominal GDP is, EVERYONE does. You must be joking in thinking that you have some sort of secret knowledge, this is the stuff they teach in secondary school.

Let us not go into personal attacks. I am not here to write grammatically correct English, nor am I here to teach economics.

@on topic if Chinese economy grew from 1.6 T to 7.3 T in 10 years then the average compounded growth rate should be (7.3/1.6)^(1/10)=16.4%.

As far as I know China did not grow any where near that in last 10 years :lol:

We did grow that fast in terms of nominal GDP growth. :lol: Which includes inflation, changes in exchange rate, and changes in the money supply.

Buddy, are you 80 years old? How can you not remember that we had this same argument only a short while back?

We did grow that fast in terms of nominal GDP growth. :lol: Which includes inflation, changes in exchange rate, and changes in the money supply.

Buddy, are you 80 years old? How can you not remember that we had this same argument only a short while back?

Then, why do use the real GDP rate to calculate nominal Indian GDP for the year 2022?

Just do a simple compound interest formula, to see how many years of growing at 5-10% it will take for 1.5 trillion to reach 7.3 trillion.

Then, why do use the real GDP rate to calculate nominal Indian GDP for the year 2022?

I never said to use the real GDP growth rate in the calculation, you are hallucinating again. :lol:

If you are growing at 5% in real terms, then that's obviously not the same as nominal terms... and it's the nominal one you need to use in the compound interest formula.

Buddy, we had this EXACT same argument before. :rofl: Your memory is really bad.

Well you need to get your facts correct before trying any calculations. WE are talking bout nominal GDP by considering real growth rate ? please compare apples to apples. Thats simple basic mathematical rule. convert all numbers to same units before calculating. :)

Let us not go into personal attacks. I am not here to write grammatically correct English, nor am I here to teach economics.

@on topic if Chinese economy grew from 1.6 T to 7.3 T in 10 years then the average compounded growth rate should be (7.3/1.6)^(1/10)=16.4%.

Year*** GDP(RMB)*** GDP($)*****growth rate
2011***47,156,400 ***7,426,200***9.2
2010****39,798,315****5,879,063****10.3
2009****34,090,281****4,990,526****9.2
2008****31,404,543****4,521,827****9.6
2007****26,581,031****3,495,664****14.2
2006****21,631,443****2,713,495****12.7
2005****18,493,737****2,257,619****11.3
2004****15,987,834****1,931,644****10.1
2003****13,582,276****1,640,966****10
2002****12,033,269****1,453,820****9.1