What's new

Can drones be an alternative option for Bangladesh?

We need Drone & UAV...

1. First ever Drone of Bangladesh... Made in Bangladesh...
376358_136873019754154_135153656592757_186905_714468087_n.jpg

- MHJ ...

dont mind...but is this a MAV or just for target practice???

dont mind...but is this a MAV or just for target practice???

Its an RC plane. Can't be used for none, the cross section and signature of something as small is no good even if one wants to practice target shooting for SAMs.

Well, let me cut short all of your speculations, debates and ideas. The picture you saw was the first prototype of the drone they made. It was simply a RC plane no doubt. But as of today, they have acquired 30 Km aerial suveillance capability with all the way live video. Since the project is very secret, you will not get a picture of it any where. It is indigenously designed and built. I could just look at it while it was being flown during a test flight in Tangail, near the Bangabandhu Bridge just a month back. It makes almost no sound and flew superb!!. I saw the flying and landing, could not see the take off.

Well, let me cut short all of your speculations, debates and ideas. The picture you saw was the first prototype of the drone they made. It was simply a RC plane no doubt. But as of today, they have acquired 30 Km aerial suveillance capability with all the way live video. Since the project is very secret, you will not get a picture of it any where. It is indigenously designed and built. I could just look at it while it was being flown during a test flight in Tangail, near the Bangabandhu Bridge just a month back. It makes almost no sound and flew superb!!. I saw the flying and landing, could not see the take off.

Welcome to the forum and for your valuable info. Just wondering are you in air force :).

I think, BD will adopt the usual telecommunications satellite instead of a drone, although I would like the country to go ahead with the drone program, too. I am extremely happy to see the govt of BD has signed a treaty with an American company that will provide technology and assistance to build and then throw a satellite to the space.

There were rumours in the recent past that a friendly country like China or Indonesia would build, operate and send such a satellite to the space on behalf of Bangladesh. This did not come true. Instead, BD will build its own satellite and send it to the space. It is a very good decision.

Drones are pretty much useless against a strong enemy without strong fighter cover.For a country like Bangladesh drones are only good for internal use only..for external missions fighter jets are crucial.Drones could be used as tactical weapon within the battlefield but with the kind of air force that BD neighbors operate the drones would be shot down in no time.The reason US uses drones without much discomfort is that they have most powerful diplomatic corps backed by the strongest Armed Forces.

Hello, Drones are extremely useful regardless of small of large armed forces, Drones are the Future of any Armed Forces. On the battlefields drones provide continuous monitoring of enemy activities, formations and vice versa, based on opposition has stronger air force so drone procurement be discouraged is a bad policy and plan, you will have to apply all possible technologies in the battlefield and on all fronts. Suppose Bangladesh Army is engaged with enemy on its territory it would need to use those small highly effective surveillance drones to monitor enemy and than take moves accordingly. Also Armed Drones would play crucial role in hitting, destroying ground invasion-attacking forces. Drones are the Eyes how could you say drones are useless they have become a major boost to Armed Forces in the battlefield again any enemy even if it is 10 times stronger.

Bangladesh Army/Air Force/Navy should procure good number of Surveillance and Armed Drones to effectively strengthen ground troops/Targets where Air Force could reach. Chinese CH-3 is an armed drone and would be a very potent addition to Bangladesh Air Force/Army.

Bangladesh should also look into Z-9WA Helicopters in decent numbers: A newer night-capable variant which have been built with nose-mounted FLIR. July 2011, Xinhua News Agency released a photo of Z-9WA firing ADK10 air-to-ground missile. Z-9W (WZ-9): Armed version with optional pylon-mounted armament and gyro stabilised, roof-mounted optical sight. Export designation Z-9G, roof-mounted sight optional.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom