What's new

Can Bangladesh be East Pakistan again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r4rehan

Reaction score
can Bangladesh be East Pakistan Again ?????????????????? what do u think ? PPLz:what::what: can any Politician do that ??

OF COURSE WE CAN. WE HAVE A COMMON HISTORY TOGETHER AND IT MUST BE NOTED THAT THEY DIDN'T WANT TO SEPERATE BUT INSTEAD WANTED PROVINCIAL AUTONOMY. I THINK OUR GOVERNMENT OUGTH TO APPROAH THEM AND ACCEPT ALL THE DEMANDS OF MUJIB IN ITS ENTIRITY. IN 1958 PAKISTAN AND IRAN HAD BECOME SO CLOSE THAT THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT A POSSIBLE MERGER BETWEEN THE TWO NATIONS. I THINK THAT OUR GOVERNMENT SHOULD PAMPER THEM WITH GIFTS, GIFTS SUCH AS AID, MILITARY EQUIPMENT AND ETC, IT WILL SHOW THEM HOW SINCERE WE ARE THAT WE WANT TO APOLOGIZE FOR THE MISTAKES OF THE PAST. IF PAKISTAN AGAIN HAS TWO WINGS ONLY THEN WE CAN SAY THAT WE ARE THE NATION OF QUAID-I-AZAM MOHAMMED ALI JINNAH, BECAUSE THE NATION HE LIBERATED HAD TWO WINGS AND AFTER 1971 ONE WAS LOSS AND ALONG WITH IT THE PAKISTAN QUAID-I-AZAM LIBERATED.

OF COURSE WE CAN. WE HAVE A COMMON HISTORY TOGETHER AND IT MUST BE NOTED THAT THEY DIDN'T WANT TO SEPERATE BUT INSTEAD WANTED PROVINCIAL AUTONOMY. I THINK OUR GOVERNMENT OUGTH TO APPROAH THEM AND ACCEPT ALL THE DEMANDS OF MUJIB IN ITS ENTIRITY. IN 1958 PAKISTAN AND IRAN HAD BECOME SO CLOSE THAT THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT A POSSIBLE MERGER BETWEEN THE TWO NATIONS. I THINK THAT OUR GOVERNMENT SHOULD PAMPER THEM WITH GIFTS, GIFTS SUCH AS AID, MILITARY EQUIPMENT AND ETC, IT WILL SHOW THEM HOW SINCERE WE ARE THAT WE WANT TO APOLOGIZE FOR THE MISTAKES OF THE PAST. IF PAKISTAN AGAIN HAS TWO WINGS ONLY THEN WE CAN SAY THAT WE ARE THE NATION OF QUAID-I-AZAM MOHAMMED ALI JINNAH, BECAUSE THE NATION HE LIBERATED HAD TWO WINGS AND AFTER 1971 ONE WAS LOSS AND ALONG WITH IT THE PAKISTAN QUAID-I-AZAM LIBERATED.

Dude, are you even Pakistani?!!? Have a bit of respect. I have heard of the "but it's our retarded brother, whom we should not throw out of the house" mentality. What sort of logic is this? They are not retarded people. They are docile nationalistic people, and always were! Iran will never merge with Pakistan either. This is a figment of your imagination. The Archemid Empire was over long ago, and that will never happen again. There's no way they would want to be ruled by Pakistanis, and no way any Pakistani should want to be ruled by Persians again.

I really do hope that PAF crank up the price a notch or two when they sell the JF-17 to Bangladesh and keep the sophisticated technology aways from them.

As for the Quaid bit. He would never have accepted East Pakistan of '71. He would never have let them have had their own language, Bangla. He was quite firm on Urdu being the official language to be spoken throughout Pakistan. He made a mistake with them. He was human. He was capable of making errors, and that imo was one. East Pakistan should never have been formed.

The provincial autonomy thing is a joke. Mujib wanted each province to have its own economy. Decentralization. That's just as bad as divide and conquer. He was an opportunist. He knew that he had to seem reasonable to his people, but stir up West Pakistan by attacking the Biharis, so that he could appear the victim. Pakistan is better off without such gullible docile people.

PS 6 posts and you've been here for nearly a year. That must be fake!

Its 99% unlikely. Bangladesh has its own culture, ethics, and people that aren't much similar to Pakistan.

Besides isn't it better for Bangladesh to remain a separate nation? I mean India and Bangladesh nearly hate each other and Bangladesh suffers from numerous problems (floods every year, poverty etc).

And why not?

But then it is not for others to decide. It is for Bangladeshis to decide. The million dollar question is - will they?

Freedom and Independence is a heady wine!

Its 99% unlikely. Bangladesh has its own culture, ethics, and people that aren't much similar to Pakistan.

Besides isn't it better for Bangladesh to remain a separate nation? I mean India and Bangladesh nearly hate each other and Bangladesh suffers from numerous problems (floods every year, poverty etc).

And pray, how is this an Indian issue? And what has the love or hate equation of India got to do with the euphoric wonderment that pressured the opening of this thread for seeking reunion?

Amusing that India has to become the centrepiece of any discussion that does not even warrant the India connection!

And what has floods to do with the issue inferring an underlying a rhetorical question raised of Bangladesh being East Pakistan again!

The sun also shines on Bangladesh! Surprised?

The easiest answer is to ask Bangladeshi people. If they decide to reunite fine but the mistakes of past should not be repeated. A new system of government should be decided and implemented in letter and spirit.

The easiest answer is to ask Bangladeshi people. If they decide to reunite fine but the mistakes of past should not be repeated. A new system of government should be decided and implemented in letter and spirit.

if they decide to reunite, Pakistan should say no and draw up a six point plan.

I am defiantly not a expert in any way about this. But didn't Bangladesh fight Pakistan for freedom?

Why does my country appear to be pakistan?

bangladesh was east pakistan so obviously there was some reason why pakistan was carved out of those regions of british india (viz islamic religion of majority eg)
problem is indian terriotry.
i see the huge chunk of north indian territory separating east and west pakistan a problem. and that imho in short is the reason why this relationship couldn't flourish. had there been a contiguous region from baluchistan and swat etc to sylhet and chittagong through north india there would be no problem.
dont tell me within pakistan there aren't various ethnicities etc so that cultural differences dont exist. but the divide is greater simply since east and west wing are separated by HOSTILE territory of india, 1000miles of it.

i ask ANYBODY, simply anyone, to explain how possibly can one nation that is divided by land of a hostile nation, and that too stretching for a 1000 miles can stay united?

Masijames,

You are new on this board. We don't address our colleagues in this manner.

This is a defence of PK forum and not a chat room. Check out the discussions on this forum and please post accordingly.

Mujib was an Indian agent. The problems Pakistan had were with him not the rest of the Bangladeshis... The actions we took however were easily manipulated to look like we wouldn't accept a Bangladeshi President.

When ZAB broke away from Ayub, in his hunger for power he really supported the release of Mujib from the prisons... He knew this was a sensitive issue and he can get a lot of support for it. His agitation movement based on Mujib, the Tashken incident were all fake. Ayub kept telling him, I'll agree to everything but don't force me to release Mujib as he really IS an anti-state element. ZAB pushed for it more just to look like a hero for all Pakistanis.

Ultimately he was released right before Ayub quit.

But it is very much true today. If we merge with Bangladesh, we cannot accept a Bangladeshi President now at all. A lot has happened. A UNION however can be a different thing. We are better allies than we were family. So a union is the way to go forward. A shared agenda on economy, defence and constitution.

For a person who knows little about the situation. That seems to make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom