What's new

BUYING AN OLD GUN

Nice...how much did it cost...which year is it from...which model is it??

Picked up a Mosin Nagant at the Gander Mountain. The price was $179 plus tax and the $5 fee.
I was there over the weekend to check out a scope, then noticed there Mosin Nagant collection.

So today after work went over there to check the guns, found a 1938 one in excellent condition that matched all the numbers to make sure all parts were original. It came with the original cleaning rod, beyonette, ( !!!! ) oil bottle, and cleaning kit.

I never had anything antique, I am pretty excited about it. If I ever go hunting this shall be the weapon of choice !!

Picked up a Mosin Nagant at the Gander Mountain. The price was $179 plus tax and the $5 fee.
I was there over the weekend to check out a scope, then noticed there Mosin Nagant collection.

So today after work went over there to check the guns, found a 1938 one in excellent condition that matched all the numbers to make sure all parts were original. It came with the original cleaning rod, beyonette, ( !!!! ) oil bottle, and cleaning kit.

I never had anything antique, I am pretty excited about it. If I ever go hunting this shall be the weapon of choice !!

Check the head space before shooting, also just for safety, if you haven't shot it already rig up a sandbag and a string, dont risk proof shooting with the bolt close to your head for a 70yr old rifle...Verify couple of rounds on a sandbag to check if the bolt holds up....

Check the head space before shooting, also just for safety, if you haven't shot it already rig up a sandbag and a string, dont risk proof shooting with the bolt close to your head for a 70yr old rifle...Verify couple of rounds on a sandbag to check if the bolt holds up....

Thanks for the advice.

It will be hard to find a place to rig it to take a shot with ranger watching over. I have got to think it over. Gander did a very good job in cleaning it. This rifle was rarely used. I did take it apart to inspect it, oil it and clean the bore. I didn't notice any sign of hairline cracks, any damage on the bolt, or any dent on the gun. Th

I picked up some surplus 7.62 X 54r at the gun show over the weekend, they were made in the early 50's if not earlier !!! The rounds were in a welded spam can. It was a royal pain to open the can. When you insert the rounds in the magazine it sounds so sweet !!

I checked the iron sights with my laser bore sight, the Mosin is zeroed perfectly at about 100 yards even after a whopping 75 years in the crate lathered in cosmoline.

All I need is a scope to go on it.

I just can't wait to go to a outdoor range !!!

Thanks for the advice.

It will be hard to find a place to rig it to take a shot with ranger watching over. I have got to think it over. Gander did a very good job in cleaning it. This rifle was rarely used. I did take it apart to inspect it, oil it and clean the bore. I didn't notice any sign of hairline cracks, any damage on the bolt, or any dent on the gun. Th

I picked up some surplus 7.62 X 54r at the gun show over the weekend, they were made in the early 50's if not earlier !!! The rounds were in a welded spam can. It was a royal pain to open the can. When you insert the rounds in the magazine it sounds so sweet !!

I checked the iron sights with my laser bore sight, the Mosin is zeroed perfectly at about 100 yards even after a whopping 75 years in the crate lathered in cosmoline.

All I need is a scope to go on it.

I just can't wait to go to a outdoor range !!!
Still would recommend a few bucks and get/borrow a headspace gauge

I would not bother getting an old Taurus...Not very reliable weapon.

Back
Top Bottom