What's new

Buddhists target Sri Lanka's Muslims

But there have been no wide spread killings or riots, so I guess this is more about economic marginalization rather than any other more heinous agenda?

You know how it happens - keep pushing them to a corner and when they fight back - increase the intensity of the fight yourselves - if they don't fight back - you have a subdued community on your hands who will bend to your whims and fancies. Same modus operandi was employed against the Tamils too.

@Armstrong I eat halal meat most of the time, all the butchers near my house are Muslims and boy can they chop up some mutton raan- never seen even the most ardent nationalist have a problem with them, apparently all of this started over halal meat? :what:

Makes very little sense, economic interests perhaps being promoted under the pretext of religion at the cost of Muslims?

I've no idea what any of this is about so I can't really comment ! :undecided:

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they thought there was a Bumper Sale or something & they wanted in on the profits ? :omghaha:

Lets dip in our fingers and get rich, isliye kehe raha tha Greater Indus Region ke liye kaam kar, forget these narrow religion, language and region based politics, once we achieve our dream we'll annex Lanka and make it one of our many vacation homes. :omghaha:

Lets dip in our fingers and get rich, isliye kehe raha tha Greater Indus Region ke liye kaam kar, forget these narrow religion, language and region based politics, once we achieve our dream we'll annex Lanka and make it one of our many vacation homes. :omghaha:

Haaan tou tereiii ko kitniii dafaa batayaaa hai thats ultimately my plan for the Indian Subcontinent too ! :devil:

In fact I'm gonna have @Star Wars dress up like Princess Leia from Jabba's Captivity to entertain us ! :omghaha:

Haaan tou tereiii ko kitniii dafaa batayaaa hai thats ultimately my plan for the Indian Subcontinent too ! :devil:

In fact I'm gonna have @Star Wars dress up like Princess Leia from Jabba's Captivity to entertain us ! :omghaha:

Your plan is NOT secular! :angry: I clearly mentioned letting go of narrow religion based politics. A secular greater region though would mean nihari everyday along with continued permission for promiscuity for me- Heaven!

Against Muslims?? I thought it started after they finished going through the Tamils.

I talked about the "systematic discrimination" part.

Yes first it was Tamils and now its Muslims. Well they are the only two groups left there.

I talked about the "systematic discrimination" part.

Yes first it was Tamils and now its Muslims. Well they are the only two groups left there.

I thought you meant against Muslims, this started from about 6 months or so.

Ill impress too many women with that kinda clothing .........

His answer was directly at your question and had nothing to do with any of the things that you mentioned in your post, you asked why are Buddhists against conversion? so his counter question was why are Muslims against conversion and go to the extent of killing the people who convert? Isn't he right in asking the question, why the double standards - double master?

1.I dint ask why are Buddists against convertion. Read my earlier post again. I asked "Isnt buddism allow conversions".
2. Still i tried to explain n reply that why apostasy is not the reason (should not be also) for riots because. In SL (perticular) muslims doesnt oppose conversion and apostasy is not death for them there. Same for buddists. Also both the religion you can convert to. (In India many hindus think you 'cant' convert to hinduism but its not same for buddists.).
3. Other things i was explaining. These were off-topic
If buddism allow convertion why is that its principle has to change because some other religion thinks it different. If you are proud of it stick to it. It should not be matter if islam allows it or not isnt it?

Still if you say that conversion is the reason for riot, and try to support them fine. Dont say that we are peaceful! we allow conversion and Islam doesnt allow. Plus i would say apostasy punishment is much better that riot.

According to you guys, Islam is the most peaceful religion and Buddhism is the most cruel religion.

Seriously?

What world are you living in?

You dont become cruel only when you kill with bombs. Look what you guys are doing in burma, shrilanka.

If you say real Buddism is peaceful i accept it. In the same way i say Islam is also peaceful. But not like buddism way Which put tibetians in dilemma if taking arms to fight for their country is allowed or not. and there by lost their state.

But if i see these burmist buddhists and SL buddists...definately they are not.

1.I dint ask why are Buddists against convertion. Read my earlier post again. I asked "Isnt buddism allow conversions".
2. Still i tried to explain n reply that why apostasy is not the reason (should not be also) for riots because. In SL (perticular) muslims doesnt oppose conversion and apostasy is not death for them there. Same for buddists. Also both the religion you can convert to. (In India many hindus think you 'cant' convert to hinduism but its not same for buddists.).
3. Other things i was explaining. These were off-topic
If buddism allow convertion why is that its principle has to change because some other religion thinks it different. If you are proud of it stick to it. It should not be matter if islam allows it or not isnt it?

Still if you say that conversion is the reason for riot, and try to support them fine. Dont say that we are peaceful! we allow conversion and Islam doesnt allow. Plus i would say apostasy punishment is much better that riot.

Are Sri Lankan Buddhists the real face of Buddhism? not by a long shot, so when they take offense to your conversion tactics it's because they feel that you are doing something wrong and it's hypocrisy on your part because consequently you do not allow conversion yourself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom