What's new

BSP MP Insults Vande Mataram in Lok Sabha

What's the fuss? He is not constitutionally bounded to sing the song. We take pride of having a secular constitution and then if someone tries to reap benefit of it, we make a brouhaha of it.

Bande Mataram was initially composed keeping goddess Durga in mind, the primary deity of bengali hindus. It's expected orthodox Muslims and Christians will have issues with it.

It was given national song status because of its role in Indian independence struggle just as in god we trust had role in American civil war.

What's the fuss? He is not constitutionally bounded to sing the song. We take pride of having a secular constitution and then if someone tries to reap benefit of it, we make a brouhaha of it.

Bande Mataram was initially composed keeping goddess Durga in mind, the primary deity of bengali hindus. It's expected orthodox Muslims and Christians will have issues with it.

It was given national song status because of its role in Indian independence struggle just as in god we trust had role in American civil war.

No one is denying him his right, the only issue is that by walking out he has disrespected the national song. I am all for him following his religion and not singing the song, but to leave while the assembly is singing the national song is a disgrace.

We were always told that Vande mataram pays reverence to the motherland not any goddess .
I didn't even know that there was any religious angle associated with it before reading this thread .

So you muslims don't bow down to anyone except Allah ? Not even your mother ? I mean Allah is an imaginary being anyway and so is Durga but your mother is a real flesh and blood human that has given birth to you .

Sir 1st of all Allah is reality for muslims ok it is our faith dont call imaginary plz
and yes in Islam we dont even bow to mother we only bow in front of All Mighty Allah only not even Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H)

As it happens, since I was privileged to participate with YLH, Bloody Civilian, Hayyer, Gorki and others in the five cycles of discussion on the events leading to partition, I am well aware that Gandhi supported a faction among the Muslims which opposed Pakistan; I am also aware that Gandhi did not promote partition, and that in this respect, the mullahs, the JuI and the Deoband seminary and he were in perfect accord. I am aware that the intellectual leadership of the Muslim League was provided by the so-called salariat. Black Widow does not have a good understanding of events of that time, and is obviously not aware that the final push to partition was due to the catastrophic mistake made by Nehru on and after the 10th July 1946.

My point, contrary to your impression, was that Gandhi should have allied himself with the progressive element of the Muslim community, should have acknowledged the need of that community to protect their identity from being swamped, as they feared, in my opinion with insufficient reason, and failed in that regard just as he failed to acknowledge the need for the Dalit for a quest for their own identity, or the Tamil, or the central Indian tribal, or the north-east Indian tribal. This failure, due partly to his refusal to acknowledge any identity other than the imagined one that he imposed on all Indians, was his great failure; it is also the ongoing failure of the Congress party.

That is not to say that recognition of these sub-identities would have made India as such impossible; it would merely have acknowledged that all of the dwellers in the sub-continent exists, in daily life, in multiple identities, all of which are co-existent and autonomous.

Exactly that was the main fear of muslims because at the downfall of muslim empire in subcontinent it was hindus who allied with british and that was the main concern of muslims of greater india they thought that on part of muslims the only thing that will change is the ruler they will always be oppresed and as they are now

Hahaha nice Flux erected in front of his house...

936276_486934581360498_409705776_n.jpg

what is written in the banner ?

you have got to be kidding ?
freedom of expression by puting banners on a man's house

i am reffering to mentality of you indians
Its always better Putting Banner then ... if the same thing was done in your country ... He would have been a Banner by now... :omghaha:

Its always better Putting Banner then ... if the same thing was done in your country ... He would have been a Banner by now... :omghaha:

0oh realy we dont have such issues and we dont claim to be secular you know

I don't know what the big fuss is about. He just walked out which is a pretty decent way to express disagreement.

Exactly that was the main fear of muslims because at the downfall of muslim empire in subcontinent it was hindus who allied with british and that was the main concern of muslims of greater india they thought that on part of muslims the only thing that will change is the ruler they will always be oppresed and as they are now

Ah, I understand.

So they went away and made Pakistan, where they are not oppressed.

Perfect logic.

Back
Top Bottom