What's new

BSF calls 'Dhruv' choppers useless

Its Right time for HAL to provide Training to BSF for Flight Maintenance, Its pathetic to See them Blame ALH Dhruv Which has Eased the Army on its way to Siachin, which no Other helicopters in its Weight or above does...

Its Right time for HAL to provide Training to BSF for Flight Maintenance, Its pathetic to See them Blame ALH Dhruv Which has Eased the Army on its way to Siachin, which no Other helicopters in its Weight or above does...

If BSF wants super duper weapons, they better start putting super duper effort required to operate these weapons.

Turkish health services(3)[26]

Peru

Peruvian health services (2 on order)[43]

turky orderd 3 more +26 already in service nd peru 2+43 in service

Where did that info come from? 26 already in service with turkey and 43 in peru's service? Na mate its 3 on order for eval from turkey and 2 from peru.

man you guys amaze me.

Where did that info come from? 26 already in service with turkey and 43 in peru's service? Na mate its 3 on order for eval from turkey and 2 from peru.

man you guys amaze me.

Lol, he misunderstood wiki. He copied directly from wiki, [43] and [26] are references. Number in parantheses(3) and (3) are the numbers. Go to wiki if you dont believe me.

Dhruv is a small chooper , good only for patrolling and air servillence...
but BSF need a bigger helicopter for operations like casualty evacuation and troop reinforcements...may be a chenook or a mi-17 !!

@Lucky-Bhai,they have the Mil Mi-8's but unfortunately they spend most of their time in maintainence.
I now feel that the credibility of the report is questionable.

BSF and CRPF needs huge number of helicopters 100 Dhruvs (for surveillance and ambulance purpose), 100 LUH for surveillance and a couple hundred medium and heavy lift choppers for quick deployment and evacuation process during anti-naxal operations and border patrolling in remote areas....

It is in Indian pysche to reject indigenous in favour of foreign products. Put a ' Made in Japan' sticker on Dhruv and these same people will be all praise for the machine.The Home Ministry should tell the security forces to either work with them or take a hike.

That is pure cr**p and you know. BTW, the home ministry does not sell helicopters to the BSF or others. The home ministry is not bothered whether the BSF buys Dhruvs or MI-17s or Pumas or whatever.

The point is that Dhruv is a brand new platform. There would be teething problems which need ironing out based on user feedback. Perhaps the BSF was a bit premature in airing these views in public. The IAF and the IA have full faith in the Dhruv.

It is in Indian pysche to reject indigenous in favour of foreign products. Put a ' Made in Japan' sticker on Dhruv and these same people will be all praise for the machine.The Home Ministry should tell the security forces to either work with them or take a hike.

If that is the case, how come the Arjun is doing well as far acceptance go? Many Indian tank crews favor the Arjun over the T-90 or the aging T-72.

Dhruv seems like a simple and reliable chopper to be honest.

If that is the case, how come the Arjun is doing well as far acceptance go? Many Indian tank crews favor the Arjun over the T-90 or the aging T-72.

Dhruv seems like a simple and reliable chopper to be honest.

maintenance is the issue....HAL has to provide better after-sales support to BSF owned choppers.Any machine needs servicing.The Dhruv choppers with the Army are doing fine,even under the most rough circumstances...

maintenance is the issue....HAL has to provide better after-sales support to BSF owned choppers.Any machine needs servicing.The Dhruv choppers with the Army are doing fine,even under the most rough circumstances...

choppers owned by BSF are very very old i guess...and if old choppers are overburdened they are bound to require lot of maintenance...
BSF should consider upgrading dhruvs or buying new ones.

choppers owned by BSF are very very old i guess...and if old choppers are overburdened they are bound to require lot of maintenance...
BSF should consider upgrading dhruvs or buying new ones.

If this is true, then they should replace old choppers. It is often costly and potentially unsafe to fly old aircraft.

If this is true, then they should replace old choppers. It is often costly and potentially unsafe to fly old aircraft.

but i do not think HAL has enough assembly plants to meet the needs of IAF, IN and army...
it is perfect time to include private sector in manufacturing like GOI has done with Pinaka MBRL..

Back
Top Bottom