What's new

British teen arrested for assaulting elderly Sikh man

SirHatesALot

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
A teenaged British girl has been arrested for assaulting an 80-year-old Sikh man after a video of the incident went viral online.

The elderly victim was punched in the face and shoved to the ground. His turban fell off and the attack left him with a bloodied nose and black eye, British media reports said.

The 19-year-old girl abused the man and spat on him before walking off. The attack, apparently unprovoked, occurred near a bus station in Coventry's Trinity Street at 8.30pm on August 10.
Police acted after a video of the incident, recorded by a passer-by on a mobile phone, went viral online and was shared on Facebook.

The girl was arrested yesterday, with police saying she would be questioned about the attack. Police are treating the attack as "serious malicious wounding", which is punishable with up to five years in prison.

The video of the attack triggered a wave of revulsion after it was circulated widely on social media, The Coventry Telegraph reported.
Coventry Police chief Andy Nicholson was quoted by the paper as saying: "This was a despicable, violent attack on an elderly man in broad daylight. The victim is an 80-year-old man, he was left with a bloodied nose and a black eye.

"A video showing the assault spread rapidly on social media and quite rightly, the offender's actions are being condemned by everyone who's viewed it."

Police are keen to hear from people who witnessed the attack and moments leading up to it, and have urged persons who shared the video or still images of the assault to remove them from social media accounts as they could hinder the inquiry.

Read more at: British teen arrested for assaulting elderly Sikh man : Europe, News - India Today

Last edited by a moderator:
A teenage girl has been arrested on suspicion of a 'despicable' violent attack on an elderly man that left him with a bloodied nose and a black eye.
Police arrested the 19-year-old suspect yesterday, after the 80-year-old Sikh man was punched in the face and shoved to the ground in Coventry city centre in broad daylight last Saturday.
Video footage of the sickening attack, which showed a female assailant spitting on the elderly victim, had been circulated widely on social media and met with a wave of revulsion from viewers.
article-2396112-1B561C44000005DC-324_634x405.jpg

The man, 80, was punched in the face and shoved to the ground in broad daylight in Trinity Street in Coventry city centre last Saturday
Captured by a witness using a mobile phone, the footage shows the man left sprawled on the pavement, his turban having fallen off.
The teenage suspect was arrested at around 6.30pm yesterday after police traced her to an address in Gloucester.
article-2396112-016B1A0D000004B0-636_634x421.jpg

Officers said she would be taken to a local police station for questioning.
Coventry Police chief superintendent Andy Nicholson, said: 'This was a despicable, violent attack on an elderly man in broad daylight.
'The victim is an 80-year-old man - he was left with a bloodied nose and a black eye.
'A video showing the assault spread rapidly on social media and quite rightly the offender's actions are being condemned by everyone who's viewed it.'
The attack, which appears to have been unprovoked, happened at around 8.30pm near Sainsbury's in Coventry's Trinity Street.
Police are still keen to hear from people who witnessed the incident and moments leading up to the attack and have urged anyone who shared the video or still images of the assault to remove them from social media accounts as they could hinder the inquiry.
Anyone with information should contact West Midlands Police on the 101 number or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

Read more: Teenage girl arrested on suspicion of punching an 80-year-old Sikh man and spitting in his face | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Feel sorry for that old man.

But why did the girl did that?

I also want to know why did the girl become that much ferocious. I hope the media should have given us the backdrop against which this attack took place.

I strongly condemn this attack. Nothing justifies it!

It reminds of the UK movie, Rise of the Foot Soldiers.

That said, I see a different dimension of it when I see it from a different angle.

I am curious to know, whether any Chinese girl can have the guts to beat up a man (young/old) of alien race.

Mirror first reported it.

Here is the uncensored unedited version of the video.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/video-sikh-pensioner-punched-spat-2176686

I also want to know why did the girl become that much ferocious. I hope the media should have given us the backdrop against which this attack took place.

That said, I see a different dimension of it when I see it from a different angle.

I am curious to know, whether any Chinese girl can have the guts to beat up a man (young/old) of alien race.

Never. This is why Chinese will remain Chinese (a second rated nation) while Britons will remain Britons (a nation of premier rank).

vodka or whiskey while posting this??

Never. This is why Chinese will remain Chinese (a second rated nation) while Britons will remain Britons (a nation of premier rank).

Here is the uncensored unedited version of the video.

Video of Sikh pensioner punched and spat on by teenage girl in Canley, Coventry - Mirror Online

You - my friend - are an idiot of epic proportions, many people will bring useful things to this discussion, you should bring silence.

And you have no guts but to delete the bolded part from the original post? This is why India will remain a 3rd world country.

Nothing justifies beating a helpless 80 years old guy. The younger generation has lost respect for the old....bad

This happened in the same city where my grand dad lives. Basically the girl was drunk.

And you have no guts but to delete the bolded part from the original post? This is why India will remain a 3rd world country.

No one gives two sh1ts about your Chinese d1ck measuring. Hardly appropriate. No wonder Chinese kids get bullied in schools in the UK, now go troll somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom