What's new

Bridging Asia: China or India - Who will be ahead in 2030?

Hk police are rounding up your dark skin indian criminals left and right. Scammers, robbers pollute our city like insects. 6000 is the number of indians who are legal. Only 1 oercent indians here have respectable jobs. 99 percent ar either doormen, construcction workers, or criminals.

Where .. are you stupid?

There are less Indians in Hong Kong, that chinese in Kolkata !!
(and the number is like 6000 only .... unless you are counting Pakistanis as Indians, too).

(and mostly employed in investment banks... which favoured HK under british rule; unlike chinese in kolkata mostly employed in tanneries and related stuff; unlike Pakistanis in Hongkong working in manual jobs).

There are more british in HK than Indians.. which should be natural given the history.

All that be, since everyone knows this .... the new thing is people are resisting moving to HK - a clear sign of movement in the wrong direction.

And worse, they are resisting not because of economic slowdown (which would have been natural) .. but because of other reasons. HK is becoming way too crowded and polluted to give a decent family life, especially with children.

And btw.. ask this from hongkongers, not foreigners.. since foreigners can move at little cost or little reason.

Hk police are rounding up your dark skin indian criminals left and right. Scammers, robbers pollute our city like insects. 6000 is the number of indians who are legal. Only 1 oercent indians here have respectable jobs. 99 percent ar either doormen, construcction workers, or criminals.

I am smiling.. since you shot yourself.

1% of 6000 = 60.

My LinkedIn account has far more than 60 contacts currently working in HK ... and I can easily count 15 or so, just sitting here, without opening LinkedIn. (and I am not even counting the spouses of the 15, I just counted).

And anyway, of your imaginary "illegal" indians.. how to they reach HK .... swim? or fly over tibet. :laugh:

HK police (if permitted) would gladly kick the a$$ of illegal chinese ...and mind you, those are the ones who are causing the trouble.

Why do I need to state these facts on a forum.... you should be knowing more, unless you are illiterate and can't read a newspaper.

HK govt need do something, they made HK dirty , increase the crime rate. I heard that ChongQing hire the retired Indian solders served in Indian special army as the street guards, it is an good example.

HK govt need do something, they made HK dirty , increase the crime rate. I heard that ChongQing hire the retired Indian solders served in Indian special army as the street guards, it is an good example.

you are right. hong kong is full of illegal disgusting indian immigrants

Hong Kong rails against invasion of Chinese 'locusts' - Telegraph
BBC News - Hong Kong advert calls Chinese mainlanders 'locusts'
BBC News - Surge in anti-China sentiment in Hong Kong

HK govt need do something, they made HK dirty , increase the crime rate.

"they" in your post rightly refers to PRC migrants.

And if you hear clearly.. you must have heard that "they" do much more ..... they've flooded hospitals (especially maternity wards), abuse the transportation and badmouth the older hongkongers who speak only cantonese.

And I am hardly concerned :-)laugh:), just amusing.. to read what hongkongers sayk or are having to put up with.

I hardly need to post any links or youtube video... just google and you find tons of this.

What are talking about? HK belongs to Chinese and is apart of china, problem between mainland Chinese and hongkong people is like problem between brothers. It is totally different from the case of Indian immigrants.

What are talking about? HK belongs to Chinese and is apart of china, problem between mainland Chinese and hongkong people is like problem between brothers. It is totally different from the case of Indian immigrants.

The history of Indians in Hong Kong can be drawn back to the early days of British Hong Kong. When the Union flag of the United Kingdom was hoisted on 26 January 1841, there were around 2,700[1] Indian troops that participated, and they played an important role in the development of Hong Kong in the early days. The most prominent contributions were the founding of the University of Hong Kong (HKU)[2] and the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC).[3] The Star Ferry was also founded by Indians in 1888. In 1952, business leaders of the Indian community have founded The Indian Chamber of Commerce Hong Kong (ICCHK). It aims to promote and improve the image of Indian trade in Hong Kong and Southern China.

There are many Indians running different kinds of businesses in Hong Kong. On Nathan Road and Mody Road in Tsim Sha Tsui, there are a lot of tailoring and retailing shops. Also, around 15% restaurants in Hong Kong are operated by Indians.[17] Recently, many of them are teachers or owners of Yoga centers.

For most Indians in Hong Kong, occupations vary according to their education level and family status. The majority of them are managers, administrative officers and technological fields like Engineers.[18]

Indians in Hong Kong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The history of Indians in Hong Kong can be drawn back to the early days of British Hong Kong. When the Union flag of the United Kingdom was hoisted on 26 January 1841, there were around 2,700[1] Indian troops that participated, and they played an important role in the development of Hong Kong in the early days. The most prominent contributions were the founding of the University of Hong Kong (HKU)[2] and the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC).[3] The Star Ferry was also founded by Indians in 1888. In 1952, business leaders of the Indian community have founded The Indian Chamber of Commerce Hong Kong (ICCHK). It aims to promote and improve the image of Indian trade in Hong Kong and Southern China.

There are many Indians running different kinds of businesses in Hong Kong. On Nathan Road and Mody Road in Tsim Sha Tsui, there are a lot of tailoring and retailing shops. Also, around 15% restaurants in Hong Kong are operated by Indians.[17] Recently, many of them are teachers or owners of Yoga centers.

For most Indians in Hong Kong, occupations vary according to their education level and family status. The majority of them are managers, administrative officers and technological fields like Engineers.[18]

Indians in Hong Kong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is new to me, what I saw is most Indian in HK is Adult DVD seller, hotel gate boy and ...
Maybe I am wrong I need my HK brother to clarify it.

It is new to me, what I saw is most Indian in HK is Adult DVD seller, hotel gate boy and ...
Maybe I am wrong I need my HK brother to clarify it.

not all south asians are indians. for eg:

Pakistanis in Hong Kong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For Pakistanis, there are 33.1% of males were working in “Elementary occupations” such as porters, construction site workers while a 42.5% of females were “Clerks/Service workers and shop sales workers”.

It is a high sex ratio for the Pakistanis aged 45–64 indicates the presence of a large number of Pakistani men working in Hong Kong, perhaps leaving behind their families in their home countries.[10]

Working conditions

It is difficult for Pakistanis to get jobs in Hong Kong mostly because of language. Besides, education levels, their identity as Pakistani, cultural and religious difference were also obstacles. Even at work, Pakistanis had to face lots of problems such as communication problems, being bullied, lack of preference, being lowered the payment, cultural or religious conflicts with others, being fired without reasonable accounts.

Illegal Indians is a major problem for the world. Many Indians illegally go to foreign countries and destroy the local culture by increasing crime rates, littering on the street and communities, taking local jobs, etc.
Illegal Indians are the modern day illegal Mexicans. Hong Kong needs to racially profile everyone from Indian origin and have surveillance over them. Indians are unwelcome guests.

Illegal Indians is a major problem for the world. Many Indians illegally go to foreign countries and destroy the local culture by increasing crime rates, littering on the street and communities, taking local jobs, etc.
Illegal Indians are the modern day illegal Mexicans. Hong Kong needs to racially profile everyone from Indian origin and have surveillance over them. Indians are unwelcome guests.

read posts #64 and 67. indians seem to be well placed in hong kong while you lot are considered as "locust"

So many people talking about Hong Kong even though they know nothing about it. The only Hong Kongers in this thread are myself and conworldus.

I'll clear it up. Yes there are some tensions between locals and mainlanders, but we are related by blood and culture, we are family. These tensions are "regional" disputes at best.

Indians however are most certainly not connected to us by blood or culture. They are not Han Chinese like Hong Kongers or mainlanders, they are foreigners.

Just read the case of Martin Jacque's wife to understand the difference between regionalism towards other Chinese, and racism towards non-Chinese in Hong Kong.

It seemed impossible, but at last Martin Jacques got justice for the wife he loved - The Guardian

not all south asians are indians. for eg:

Pakistanis in Hong Kong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For Pakistanis, there are 33.1% of males were working in “Elementary occupations” such as porters, construction site workers while a 42.5% of females were “Clerks/Service workers and shop sales workers”.

It is a high sex ratio for the Pakistanis aged 45–64 indicates the presence of a large number of Pakistani men working in Hong Kong, perhaps leaving behind their families in their home countries.[10]

Working conditions

It is difficult for Pakistanis to get jobs in Hong Kong mostly because of language. Besides, education levels, their identity as Pakistani, cultural and religious difference were also obstacles. Even at work, Pakistanis had to face lots of problems such as communication problems, being bullied, lack of preference, being lowered the payment, cultural or religious conflicts with others, being fired without reasonable accounts.

Something truly regrettable if accurate. I may sound unpopular saying this but yes, there is racism there. I'm not going to debate if it's worse or not than other places. But racism in any form is wrong and shameful. I'm glad Harinder Veriah got justice. I need to finish the article.

What CD says about the regionalism aspect of Chinese animosity is quite true. You'll find people in Tianjin who hate people from Beijing. Everyone seems to hate people from Shanghai. But, at the end of the day, there is a common bond that is shared between all. If there ever was say an invasion, I'm sure Chinese people the world over would react.

So many people talking about Hong Kong even though they know nothing about it. The only Hong Kongers in this thread are myself and conworldus.

I'll clear it up. Yes there are some tensions between locals and mainlanders, but we are related by blood and culture, we are family. These tensions are "regional" disputes at best.

Indians however are most certainly not connected to us by blood or culture. They are not Han Chinese like Hong Kongers or mainlanders, they are foreigners.

Just read the case of Martin Jacque's wife to understand the difference between regionalism towards other Chinese, and racism towards non-Chinese in Hong Kong.

It seemed impossible, but at last Martin Jacques got justice for the wife he loved - The Guardian

do you have a life in the real world? do you even sleep? its disturbing to know that you are always online :lol:

do you have a life in the real world? do you even sleep? its disturbing to know that you are always online :lol:

I don't sleep that much. :no:

And as you can see, there is a big difference between regionalism and racism. Regionalism (like between Hong Kongers and mainlanders) is like brothers fighting. At the end of the day, we are still brothers. We are both Han by blood and culture.

Indians in Hong Kong face quite a different problem, as you can see in that article. It is not regionalism against other Chinese, but rather racism against foreigners. In her own words:

When he left, I said to her: "A fat lot of use that was." She replied: "I am bottom of the pile here." Her words travelled through my body like an electric shock.

So it is incorrect to assert that Indians are more favoured by Hong Kong locals than our own Chinese brothers. Brothers who fight are still brothers, but not in the case with Indians and other related foreigners.

Back
Top Bottom