What's new

BREAKING: Pentagon says U.S. hit two Syrian facilities in 'self-defense strikes'

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 8.35.53 AM.png

Current division of Syria

Ofcourse it is. The rebel forces ie terrorists were given support by the West and gulf arab states to destroy Syria, the Syrian government fought back and retook the majority of the areas. But this ended up with Syria being destroyed and becoming a weak state. I agree with your point, if your a weak state then external forces will take advantage. If syria was a strong powerful state then their would be no rebellion.
Syrian leadership is also responsible for the mess in the country.

US is working with Rojava (SDF) to dismantle ISIL elements in the region - you can see the map in the post above mine. Terrorists including ISIL elements are known to infiltrate Iraq and cause problems there.

Syrian leadership might be onboard with this arrangement. There are developments on the ground and then there are narratives.

China has said clearly Iran is off the cards

This is clearly now a global conflict

US is in Syria, Russia is in Syria, Turkey too is in Syria. All are trying to increase their influence by supporting their allies.
Russia is in Syria at the invitation of the Syrian Government. Turkey and the USA are not and are therefore illegally occupying sovereign Syrian territory in violation of international law.

I said before here, China won't tolerate an attack on Iran.
China will oppose any such attack against Iran (which will not happen outside some fantasy scenarios on PDF and Twitter) diplomatically but it will not get involved directly.

Back
Top Bottom