What's new

BrahMos tests compilatoin vid

gubbi

Reaction score
Country
India
Hope its not a repost.
But check out the damage the missile does to the ships even with a dummy warhead.
The small ship shown blown up and sinking at 3:57-4:00 is the ex-IN Durg (Nanushka) class corvette- INS Sindhudurg K72
and
The big ship at 2:17 with a hole in the side (caused by a dummy warhead) and 2:58 (I guess with a conventional warhead) is the ex-IN PETYA class frigate - INS Arnala P68 or INS Androth P69!!
Enjoy!

Be afraid, very afraid!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan Navy's Harpoon, Silk Worm, Execet, SPADA, RAAD and Babur Cruise Missiles are similar in nature.

Pakistan Navy's Harpoon, Silk Worm, Execet, SPADA, RAAD and Babur Cruise Missiles are similar in nature.

Though they are meant for same roles, BrahMos is unique in several aspects, :)

*BrahMos travels at speeds of Mach 2.5 to 2.8 and is the world's fastest cruise missile. It is about three-and-a-half times faster than the U.S.A's subsonic Harpoon cruise missile.

*The high speed of the BrahMos likely gives it better target-penetration characteristics than lighter subsonic cruise-missiles such as the Tomahawk. Being twice as heavy and almost four times faster than the Tomahawk, the BrahMos has almost 32 times the initial kinetic energy of a Tomahawk missile (which is similar to Babur Cruise Missile).

6481adc46c8a753c492a61a9265f5378.jpg

Can anyone throw some light on the operational ranges of these missiles, the specific types which are in the PN's inventory.

Babur Cruise Missle Range is 700Km ( Operational) :pakistan:
RAAD Air luanched Cruice Missle 350km (Operational):pakistan:
Platforms that Luanch RAAD MiRage-III ROSE-1 & JF-17

YJ-805/802 On Board PNS F-22P & Jalalat Missle Boats---- Range 500km/250km(operational):china:

Harpoon Block-II on board PNS Type-21 & Agosta-70 ----315km max ( Operational)

All Ranges are taken from globalsecurity.org:usflag:

I think according to globalsecurity.com Brahmos has a range of 300km:azn:

IAF has not live tested Brahmos yet on the nay AC :no:

YJ-805/802 On Board PNS F-22P & Jalalat Missle Boats---- Range 500km/250km(operational):china:

Every missile is operational...surely u guys work faster.;)

Dont get stuck with 10yr old globalsecurity.org informations.

Your post confused me..:)

I know RAAD have been launched from Mirage III ROSE , What about JF-17 ? I think JF-17 have never launched RAAD .Correct me if I am wrong..

Irrespective of whom its going to be used against,

I liked Brahmos since i heard of it for the very first time, i loved its supersonic speed and its shape is beautiful, but it has a very short range, a supersonic cruise missile should have a range not less then 1000 Kms...

I liked Brahmos since i heard of it for the very first time, i loved its supersonic speed and its shape is beautiful, but it has a very short range, a supersonic cruise missile should have a range not less then 1000 Kms...

BrahMos range is restricted to 300Kms due to the MCTR treaty. Since the missile in question is a joint collaboration between Russia and India, involving sharing of sensitive missile technology, MCTR restrictions apply.
However, if India so chooses to further develop the missile or variants on its own without using Russian technology then India can definitely increase the range.
What we don't know is whether DRDO has already done that.

Just wait for the Hypersonic version of BrahMos, its said to have longer range and higher speed ( lab tested with a speed of 5.26 Mach) ! :)

You are right. Brahmos range is tool small. Inside information reveals that the range has been reported artificially low. IMO, the actual range should be around 700 km deducing from the fact that it has been derived from yakhunt.

India is working on longer range subsonic cruise missile Nirbhay. It was supposed to be tested this year but no information on that still.

Nirbhay is a subsonic cruise missle and is not related to BRAHMOS.....and increased range BRAHMOS is not flying yet thus I am in no mood to comment over it......when it will fly we will talk

I used globalsecurity.org as its a nuetral website.....abt The JF-17 question u r correct RAAD has not been used on it yet.....BUT it is operational on Mirage....so its flying....Nirbhay is also in R&D and not yet flying....thus no point mentianing it....I know for a fact that 1000km+ babur is also underway but no point mentioning it too

Back
Top Bottom