What's new

Boycott Electricity bill in November 2010

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I found a very interesting video where peoples are encouraging not to pay Electricity bill in November 2010 to show the power of public and force the government to stop increasing electricity tariffs every now and than :rofl:

Posting here as it is relevent to current affairs

Shahzaman aur Awam Ki Awaz Pakistan boycott electricity bill Nov 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
The question remains will the nation do it, do they have the balls to do it, i kinda doubt it....me included. If we as a nation would have learned anything, today we wouldn't be facing with such difficult decisions in the 1st place. A nation gets a leader they deserve and i for one have strongly started to believe in this. We deserve leaders like this to Fcuk us hard up the *** and then keep on doing.

Some people has risen up and said they will no longer pay the electricity bills as a form of protest during the month of November. I am here to alert people that this is a stupid and uneducated effort at lowering electricity costs and protesting for more electricity.

There are many reason why should not do this I will state a few.

This form of protest is in effective because in order to do so you will have to loose the electricity service to your house, and what you don't use someone else will and will also pay for it.

This form of protest will bring instability and problems to the Pakistani electrical companies, it will make the problems worse and most likely push up electricity prices, because the companies have to make up for their losses to continue providing.

This will also destroy the Pakistani economy, this month to keep people happy the government ordered industries to close down for a few days in order to save power and instead transfer it to homes. This has a domino effect and actually comes around and makes the problem worse. But if people also don't pay their bills it will destroy the economy because our industries will not be functioning and will have a hard time coming back online.

What choices do we have?

We can have peaceful demonstrations or maybe even long marches to alert the government to focus more on this problem.

We can use less electricity within our homes so that someone else may use it, and they won't have to disconnect the power.

We can buy a solar panels and install them on our roof tops and sell unused electricity to the electric company or just replace a certain amount of the electricity bill with self sufficient sources and bring down the prices.

Come up with alternatives ways the government can make power and publicize them and get attention so it these projects may start. (For example Karachi North Nazimabad is an excellent source of geothermal energy, which when the power plant is installed, limitless and free energy will be available for our electric companies, making us less dependent on electricity prices which fluctuate because of fuel prices. )

There are many other things one can do but just don't loose hope if you loose that then its over be hopeful and you will prosper.

Here is a video of some simpleton guy telling people to do boycott, this guy is stupid and has no idea how economy works but I think you guys should have all sides of the story.
This guy says Pakistan is threatened he may not be some kind of agent but his attitude is one which is not good for the country or anyone.

Anyways here's his video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure when they stop paying the first thing the government will do is lower their electricity bill. :what:

We should try to provide more short term electricity to Pakistan.

its kinda hard to decide if this will work out or not but from the looks of it ppl are starting to get aware of wats going on thx to the media and SJ this country is still going

I am sure when they stop paying the first thing the government will do is lower their electricity bill. :what:

We should try to provide more short term electricity to Pakistan.

I'm sure they can but there's a limit and bounderies, they can't just lower it like that. Say they do here's a likely scenario.
The companies selling the electricity will get less money, so they will not be able to buy enough fuel for the next month, and their employees will get lower wages.
Now since there is less gas and more demand, a little thing called demand and supply comes in effect. The prices of oil goes up in Pakistan and so does the price of electricity because there is less of it.

Now since everything requires gas for it to be produced items will also become expensive people will be earning less but the prices of produce will go up, since fuel that goes into producing is expensive, and thats called inflation.

The only solution is peaceful demonstrations getting people who really care in power becoming more aware of ones surroundings and reporting illegal activity. Something that should be done along side of this is to come up with alternatives such as the one I revealed about Karachi earlier.:pakistan:

Well its very easy to sit in Canada and tell us to pay our electricity bills but over here the problem is ...people just don't have the money to pay the elctricity bills ... we have had 60% inflation of food items since the last year , The message of a general boycott is just 'we all are in one (sinking) boat' . Our PM has yesterday announced plots for his fellow MNA's ...while people are under the yoke of massive inflation ... jiay bhutto

Aaj bhi bhutto zinda hai , kal bhi bhutto zinda tha , Pakistan kHapay aur Khapay aur Logon ki phatay ....Jiay Bhutto...Jiay Pakistanis

Pakistan can buy electricity from indian northern grid................

Pakistan can buy electricity from indian northern grid................

And what made you think that north india has surplus electricity??
Fill your tummy first, power shortage problem still exists in N.India(Leaving Delhi)

"While 80 percent of Indian villages have at least an electricity line, just 52.5% of rural households have access to electricity. In urban areas, the access to electricity is 93.1% in 2008".

Survey of 2002
"The overall electrification rate in India is 64.5% while 35.5% of the population still live without access to electricity"

In jharkhand 70% villages still dont have access to electricity.
Next time post a matured post.

And what made you think that north india has surplus electricity??
Fill your tummy first, power shortage problem still exists in N.India(Leaving Delhi)

"While 80 percent of Indian villages have at least an electricity line, just 52.5% of rural households have access to electricity. In urban areas, the access to electricity is 93.1% in 2008".

Survey of 2002
"The overall electrification rate in India is 64.5% while 35.5% of the population still live without access to electricity"

In jharkhand 70% villages still dont have access to electricity.
Next time post a matured post.

He is kidding yaar you are taking him seriously. Obviously first Pakistan will not buy it If it is ready to buy it than we are not going to sell it.

Back
Top Bottom