What's new

Body guards of PMs and Presidents from around the world

So finally I got a good subject
here we call by profession VVIP Security detail. Due to some official reason I can not share all but here is some principle all over the world for VIPP Protection. I do not know what apply in India but US, UK and Pakistan this is apply.
Concentric Rings
Concentric rings of security are used to provide a layered defense system that surrounds a VIP with an inner, middle and outer ring of protection. Using this type of layered defense makes it more difficult to attack a VIP or vital installation. In this module, you will learn how to protect the VIP from attacks using concentric rings of security and how to effectively respond to threats at each level of the ring. You will practice identifying the different security perimeters by preparing a plan establishing the concentric rings of security around a given facility.

• Inner perimeter
• Middle perimeter
• Outer perimeter
• VIP’s status
• Current perceived threat level
• Size and layout of the building
• Location of the building in relation to other buildings and roadways in the area
• •Special Weapons and Tactics agents
• Staff
• Drivers
• Uniformed police officers
• Persons with justifiable need
Size of the PSD and support assets

The Advance Agent makes decisions about access control based on the following:

• Manpower available
• Perceived level of threat to the VIP
• Number of persons or press expected at the venue
• Protocol considerations at diplomatic functions

I trying to summarize all coz its is huge subject :-

VIP Route
VIP Meeting
Meet and greet (who, when and where concept apply
in PSD Detail the following team is as under:-
PSD Comd
PSD 2IC
Advance Agent
Advance detail
VIP protected in diamond formation
Attack possibilities
safe haven (if attack accrued) for VIP
Medical staff

SPG (India):

156747622-prime-minister-manmohan-singhs-convoy-gettyimages.jpg

we call these guys :-
front right fender
front left fender
rear right agent
rear left agent
but I do not understand right front fender has a bag. how he counter if attack accrued. if he has a secret bag for VIP then what happen ??? do not make sense......

So finally I got a good subject
here we call by profession VVIP Security detail. Due to some official reason I can not share all but here is some principle all over the world for VIPP Protection. I do not know what apply in India but US, UK and Pakistan this is apply.
Concentric Rings
Concentric rings of security are used to provide a layered defense system that surrounds a VIP with an inner, middle and outer ring of protection. Using this type of layered defense makes it more difficult to attack a VIP or vital installation. In this module, you will learn how to protect the VIP from attacks using concentric rings of security and how to effectively respond to threats at each level of the ring. You will practice identifying the different security perimeters by preparing a plan establishing the concentric rings of security around a given facility.

• Inner perimeter
• Middle perimeter
• Outer perimeter
• VIP’s status
• Current perceived threat level
• Size and layout of the building
• Location of the building in relation to other buildings and roadways in the area
• •Special Weapons and Tactics agents
• Staff
• Drivers
Size of the PSD and support assets

The Advance Agent makes decisions about access control based on the following:

• Manpower available
• Perceived level of threat to the VIP
• Number of persons or press expected at the venue
• Protocol considerations at diplomatic functions

I trying to summarize all coz its is huge subject :-

VIP Route
VIP Meeting
Meet and greet (who, when and where concept apply
in PSD Detail the following team is as under:-
PSD Comd
PSD 2IC
Advance Agent
Advance detail
VIP protected in diamond formation
Attack possibilities
safe haven (if attack accrued) for VIP
Medical staff
Is this applied in Pakistan? As @nuclearpak just pointed out that there is very little offical secrutity measures in Pakistan for VVIPs, it is all very ad-hoc. What agencies will be doing this as there is not a single executive protection agency in Pakistan?
Also would you know if any Pakistani VVIPs have Counter Assual Teams (CATs) in their convoys and deployed with them? If so could you post any pics of Pakistani CATs?

And it is the same in India as it is in UK,US and elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this applied in Pakistan? As @nuclearpak just pointed out that there is very little offical secrutity measures in Pakistan for VVIPs, it is all very ad-hoc. What agencies will be doing this as there is not a single executive protection agency in Pakistan?
Also would you know if any Pakistani VVIPs have Counter Assual Teams (CATs) in their convoys and deployed with them? If so could you post any pics of Pakistani CATs?

And it is the same in India as it is in UK,US and elsewhere.
bro I do not know what @nuclearpak knows but what I knows I share. yes we have all SOPs and equip 100% sure. I will upload pics for you satisfaction on Thursday ...

156747622-prime-minister-manmohan-singhs-convoy-gettyimages.jpg

we call these guys :-
front right fender
front left fender
rear right agent
rear left agent
but I do not understand right front fender has a bag. how he counter if attack accrued. if he has a secret bag for VIP then what happen ??? do not make sense......

AFAIK that "bag" is actually a collapsed Kevlar blanket that can be thrown over the Protectee in case of attack. This guy normally travels just behind the Protectee/PM when on foot. But as the PM is in the car he is just covering him on the outside. If there was an attack it's not hard to imagine he can just drop the bag and go for his weapon in a heartbeat in a single motion. SPG are incredibly well trained and I'm sure they've thought of all these little things.

Btw @Tehmasib are you in the Bodyguard/personal security industery?

bro I do not know what @nuclearpak knows but what I knows I share. yes we have all SOPs and equip 100% sure. I will upload pics for you satisfaction on Thursday ...

Yes please do explain. Thanks.

I am just telling what I heard from somebody in MoI (he goes with Rehman Malik's convoy).

Tehmasib, you are talking about the inner cordon. The special agents, I mentioned them aswell, although I admit that I do not know their specific tactics. Ofcourse, analyzing the location, building, surroundings is all done, but the outer cordon is still all police, Sindh police in Sindh, Punjab police in Punjab, Isl police in Isl. There is no secret service or any thing like that which keeps the whole operation, inner and outer under it, AFAIK.

Or is this wrong?

btw @Abingdonboy on my avtar this is my pic so you can think what's my profession

BRO I am only human by profession I am in law enforcement. yeah some how yes. on internet you or I can not disclose. just I wana share may b some one are in this field. you clarify that this is blanket in PM/president level this stuff no need. just in PSD just who see threat shout "" GUN LEFT" or "GUN RIGHT" he is front left fender and he is seeing his area of threat. how we PM here tell me I here for you bro. regards

Yes please do explain. Thanks.

I am just telling what I heard from somebody in MoI (he goes with Rehman Malik's convoy).

Tehmasib, you are talking about the inner cordon. The special agents, I mentioned them aswell, although I admit that I do not know their specific tactics. Ofcourse, analyzing the location, building, surroundings is all done, but the outer cordon is still all police, Sindh police in Sindh, Punjab police in Punjab, Isl police in Isl. There is no secret service or any thing like that which keeps the whole operation, inner and outer under it, AFAIK.

Or is this wrong?

bro only I can tell you that we have our own PSD. A system of VIPP protection. Command Post, etc. we have trained personals by internationally recommended instructors. on this subject we can talk lot more but lala nokri da sawal aye.. make sense. yeah one thing I assure you that we have international level PSD with President/PM/CMS and SOPs.
regards

bro only I can tell you that we have our own PSD. A system of VIPP protection. Command Post, etc. we have trained personals by internationally recommended instructors. on this subject we can talk lot more but lala nokri da sawal aye.. make sense. yeah one thing I assure you that we have international level PSD with President/PM/CMS and SOPs.
regards

The inner cordon, I perfectly understand. That is why I mentioned in a earlier post that their are special agents in the inner cordon (they can be seen frequently on TV with the PM and President, the guy sitting along with the driver at the front seat who stopped Raja Riaz :P), but I am more interested in the outer cordon. What I have observed and been told is that it is pretty much location specific, Sindh in Sindh, Punjab police in punjab and so on.

BTW, where are these special agents sourced from? Police or can a civilian directly apply for it?

A request to all Indian members please do not expose the identity of our soldiers, i have seen people posting picture of soldiers with their names and regiments in which they belong to.
Thanks!

@nuclearpak bro
I hope now you get answer of your question mentioning under :-

The outer perimeter is the first line of defense, the largest of the concentric rings and is the farthest from the VIP. PSD agents, with the support of local police or security officials, staff the outer perimeter. Outer perimeter access is given to those persons who need to be at the site. It is staffed by uniformed local police or security officials.

Examples of those individuals who may be permitted access include:

• Special Weapons and Tactics agents
• Staff
• Drivers
for the words agents do not mean that there is some agent (jasoos) hahahah its terms use for PSD

btw @Abingdonboy on my avtar this is my pic so you can think what's my profession

BRO I am only human by profession I am in law enforcement. yeah some how yes. on internet you or I can not disclose. just I wana share may b some one are in this field. you clarify that this is blanket in PM/president level this stuff no need. just in PSD just who see threat shout "" GUN LEFT" or "GUN RIGHT" he is front left fender and he is seeing his area of threat. how we PM here tell me I here for you bro. regards

Cool, wrt the kevlar blanket not being needed- well for whatever reason the Indian SPG see that it is needed and to be fair there are other protection agencies that use such equipmet- the French have such things for their Pres, the Israelis have a Kavlar blanket for their PM.

For some reason PM'ing has been disabled for some time now:cry::cry: but we can speak on this thread no problems. Thanks for your insight though buddy!!

@nuclearpak bro

The outer perimeter is the first line of defense, the largest of the concentric rings and is the farthest from the VIP. PSD agents, with the support of local police or security officials, staff the outer perimeter. Outer perimeter access is given to those persons who need to be at the site. It is staffed by uniformed local police or security officials.

• Special Weapons and Tactics agents
• Staff
• Drivers
for the words agents do not mean that there is some agent (jasoos) hahahah its terms use for PSD
Bro do the Pakistani units charged with protecting VVIPs have counter sniper, counter assualt and dog units?

@<u><a href="http://www.defence.pk/forums/member.php?u=32045" target="_blank">nuclearpak</a></u> bro

&#8226; Special Weapons and Tactics agents
&#8226; Staff
&#8226; Drivers
&#8226; Uniformed police officers
&#8226; Persons with justifiable need

So who is in those number of cruisers and Pajeros? PSD's?

And again I ask, are they admitted from Police?

I know about this concentric circle, order thing.

Another thing, what weapons are there with the PSD's? Glocks, P-90? And do they have any ballistic vest or anything?

BTW, here is a demonstration of PSD's against Raja Riaz!

You can see a Elite Police official right beside the car?

Note: My earlier info was correct for the Interior Minister, I assumed that it would be almost same as of the President/PM with a few modifications.

A request to all Indian members please do not expose the identity of our soldiers, i have seen people posting picture of soldiers with their names and regiments in which they belong to.
Thanks!

What pics are you explicitly referring to? IMHO it's okay to post pics of regular infantry just SOFs are a big no no. Also SPG (a police unit) are fine to be posted.

Back
Top Bottom