What's new

Blast in Hyderabad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything needs time, if everyone gave up their idea the first time it failed - we would be living in caves. It matters who is at the helm, Shinde is a moron and needs to step down.

Shinde is less than perfect I agree, but the fact is that it is clear to any fair and sensible person the NCTC is only going to do good (on the whole) and the model has been proven to work in the US so why oppose it at all? Do these idiot politicans think the common Indian living in their states gives a sh!t about constitutional law? Or if a certain law is seen to circumvent the federal nature of India?

If you gave a common Indian the decsion between creating the NCTC which reduced the chances of terror attacks in India (if even by 1% it is worth it) even though it might (depending on how you look at it) be seen to damage the federal nature of India, or doing nothing but making sure the current status quo wrt the union of India remaind untouched but terror attacks were still likely- what do you think they would chose???!!

The fact is the only ones who oppose the NCTC are the ones who are given such secruity that it means next to nothing to them if the NCTC exists or not- there is no incentive for those a-holes so why not oppose?

this isn't about having and inteelctual debate but about literally SAVING LIVES!!!!

Freinds request you to drop Telugu and speak the language others also can understand....

I am translating my earlier post, There are no CC TV cameras to do surveillance in that area :hitwall:

This area is a a crowded area and Govt. should have installed CC TV's there.

RIP to innocent people who had died in blasts.Hyderabad is the safest place for terrorists after Mumbai.Even worst terror strikes had happened in hyderabad after mumbai.

Of course we do not want such sweeping powers under any body, at least not without due diligence .

then why bother to question investigating agencies? if you tie one arm behind their back and ask them to perform you can hardly blame them or the center .

It's got NOTHING to do with who is the Home Minister, even when PC was in charge NCTC didn't get implemented. If certain states oppose it then nothing can happen. This is well and truly the fault of certain Cheif Ministers (the names I have already mentioned ie Mamata Banerjee, Jayalalithaa and Narendra Modi).

These states are opposing it for their own political advantage. The current UPA govt. could have passed NCTC but since it is a minority govt. (that means it's able to continue to exist with external support from SP and BSP) it hesited to push NCTC hard in the parliament.

This is nothing new. When BJP was in power congress opposed POTA Anti-terror bill. POTA was eventually crushed by congress as soon as congress came into power in 2004.

Now BJP is doing same......this will continue until all political party unify on national security issues.

Of course we do not want such sweeping powers under any body, at least not without due diligence .
Well then with this mindset this is what you get:

9003179-1-1-522x293.jpg

To change something, first something must change!!!

The way India has been fighting terror harks back to the '50s and '40s not the 21st century. People need to open their eyes.

Shinde is less than perfect I agree, but the fact is that it is clear to any fair and sensible person the NCTC is only going to do good (on the whole) and the model has been proven to work in the US so why oppose it at all? Do these idiot politicans think the common Indian living in their states gives a sh!t about constitutional law? Or if a certain law is seen to circumvent the federal nature of India?

What works in US might not work here, the last time IG rushed in too many amendments our country was under a real threat of dictatorship..

If you gave a common Indian the decsion between creating the NCTC which reduced the chances of terror attacks in India (if even by 1% it is worth it) even though it might (depending on how you look at it) be seen to damage the federal nature of India, or doing nothing but making sure the current status quo wrt the union of India remaind untouched but terror attacks were still likely- what do you think they would chose???!!

They would choose NCTC as I have chosen that, no doubts here!

The fact is the only ones who oppose the NCTC are the ones who are given such secruity that it means next to nothing to them if the NCTC exists or not- there is no incentive for those a-holes so why not oppose?

this isn't about having and inteelctual debate but about literally SAVING LIVES!!!!
It matters to me that it exists or not but then i'll not hurry it gives a lot of power to the center and IMO India is held as it is today because of the states.

I just get to know that there were another blast in same place few years back. So why government does not increase security in that place ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom