What's new

BJP is moving away from secularism and towards hardliner Hindutava

The word secular was simply not needed because if the Hindus and other Dharmic communities were not secular by nature, there would have been no organized religion in India after independence.

Whereas even before 1976, Indians exhibited natural secularism to a marvellous extent. Our Armed forces named non-Hindus are commanders of armed forces and the positions of president. Our people were supportive of non-Dharmic countries during the USSR era much before the word 'secularism' was inserted into our Constitution.

Infact, secularism is not needed for Dharmic cultures (Buddhist, Hindu, Sikhs, Jain etc) because we all have been naturally tolerant.

It was state enforced in a conservative Europe and Turkey because before them, Organized religion was in full force and didn't tolerate existence of other faiths since the beginning.

So the government had to invent a word and define it so as to keep people tolerant of those who are not like them.

Christian Europe, Islamic empires hence needed a civil, law-based, state-explained word called secularism.
Stick to my Question???????Why didn't BJP had guts to remove those words from Constitution when they were in power...........Or do they have guts remove those words "Secular" from Constitution when they come to power..............

Congress has been ruling for 50+ years while BJP ruled only for 5 years.

If you don't give them absolute majority, they cannot function the way you are speaking of right now.
Forget those old days when a single party ruled India according to their wish...................So word Secular will remain in the constitution of India.............................

Stick to my Question???????Why didn't BJP had guts to remove those words from Constitution when they were in power...........Or do they have guts remove those words "Secular" from Constitution when they come to power..............

No Indian is against secularism, and BJP isnt against secularism either, India (Hindu majority) is one of the few only countries in the world which has welcomed outisde religions throughout history and been friendly to them. But what has to absolutely stop is the current farce where Hinduism seems to be exploited in the guise of secularism. The Congress brand of secularism is something which is not going to work in India, at least from the point of view of Indian Hindus.

To be fair to BJP, they never claimed they were secular. Even then when BJP was in power for 7years from 1997 to 2004, they didn't push the Hindu communal agenda. Probably the post-Godhra communal riot was the only major communal incident during their rule. I personally hate Modi, not for this hardline Hindutva stance, but for his arrogance and dictatorial attitude. But, after seeing the performance of UPA-2 government for the past 4years, I too feel India needs a strong & efficient administrator like Modi at the top.
Even a right wing party like BJP with a hardline leader like Modi is still relatively more moderate than a mainstream centerist party in Pakistan like PML-N. In India we have parties ranging from extreme right like shiv sena to extreme left like the communists and everything in between. Even in extreme right we have hardline Hindu parties and hardline Muslim parties like Akbaruddin Owaisi's MIM. We also have very pro-Muslim parties like Mulayam's Samajwadi party. If all party's in Pakistan were to be to put in Indian political spectrum, most would be in right wings. Even party's like ANP and MQM at most be called center-left.

No Indian is against secularism, and BJP isnt against secularism either, India (Hindu majority) is one of the few only countries in the world which has welcomed outisde religions throughout history and been friendly to them. But what has to absolutely stop is the current farce where Hinduism seems to be exploited in the guise of secularism. The Congress brand of secularism is something which is not going to work in India, at least from the point of view of Indian Hindus.
Isn't US too friendly with other religions ................

We would love for you to alienate 250 million Indians inside India. That will be Pakistan's dream come true to have a fifth column inside India of 250 million Indians. We are ready for that so go ahead, put your money where your Fiilthy mouth is....:omghaha:

Nothing worth responding to ..... usual cr@p

If the 250 million Indian Muslims who are 20% of India's Population decide to leave India, They will bring with them 20% of India's land from today's India. Just let us know when you are ready for this.....:omghaha:

Did the Mohajirs take the land along with them to Pakistan in 1947?
Muslims in India are scattered all over the country. Outside the Kashmir valley, they do not make more than 40% of the population in any of the districts and only average about 14% of the total population.

To be fair to BJP, they never claimed they were secular. Even then when BJP was in power for 7years from 1997 to 2004, they didn't push the Hindu communal agenda. Probably the post-Godhra communal riot was the only major communal incident during their rule. I personally hate Modi, not for this hardline Hindutva stance, but for his arrogance and dictatorial attitude. But, after seeing the performance of UPA-2 government for the past 4years, I too feel India needs a strong & efficient administrator like Modi at the top.
Even a right wing party like BJP with a hardline leader like Modi is still relatively more moderate than a mainstream centerist party in Pakistan like PML-N. In India we have parties ranging from extreme right like shiv sena to extreme left like the communists and everything in between. Even in extreme right we have hardline Hindu parties and hardline Muslim parties like Akbaruddin Owaisi's MIM. We also have very pro-Muslim parties like Mulayam's Samajwadi party. If all party's in Pakistan were to be to put in Indian political spectrum, most would be in right wings. Even party's like ANP and MQM at most be called center-left.

You have done wrong analysis of Modi.. Correct analysis

1. He is not autocratic rather authoritative. Just like Prez of USA.
2. He doesn't tolerate BS.
3. He listen carefully to everyone (You go and meet him, propose a business plan, trust me he will listen to you very carefully)
4. My frnds went to Mr Sushashan Kumar with a proposal of business in Bihar, trust me Mr shushan put cold water on there dream, they ran to Modi , and now they are doing good business in Gujrat...

I will suggest you to know Modi carefully,

Right of the Right - By:Kuldip Nayar

:omghaha: :omghaha: :omghaha:

What does secularism REALLY mean in India?

Hindu bashing, Muslim and Christian appeasing. Announcing schemes, money, aid to Muslims. Special universities, colleges to muslims. Break down Hindu temples, nail hindu leaders.

Will be proud to be a Indian than a sick secularist!

I dont see how what you said is a reply to my post? I didnt mention anything about friendliness to religion or USA in my post ?
But you Avatar shows Flag of US.......................So i presumed you to be in US

Forget those old days when a single party ruled India according to their wish...................So word Secular will remain in the constitution of India.............................

We don't want to remove the word either.

Just learn to use it rightly rather than shoe-cleaning one group and attacking the other.

Demographic warfare is not something any community will tolerate.

An example is what happened in Myanmar recently.

Even the much-misunderstood (a notion that ' Buddhists are weak and pacifist') Buddhists fought back against demographic invasion by victim-pretenders.

:omghaha: :omghaha: :omghaha:

What does secularism REALLY mean in India?

Hindu bashing, Muslim and Christian appeasing. Announcing schemes, money, aid to Muslims. Special universities, colleges to muslims. Break down Hindu temples, nail hindu leaders.

Will be proud to be a Indian than a sick secularist!

If you are a Supporter of Modi..................Check these ................he has done all these in Gujarat.................[http://www.indianexpress.com/news/v...ion-of-temples/388528/..................About RSS man SUNIL JOSHI you know..............

Back
Top Bottom