What's new

Bilal Khar's ex-wife, acid attack victim Fakhra commits suicide

Couldn't agree more with you. Those of you that are waiting for IK or democracy to change things in Pakistan are dreaming and have a long wait. We need drastic action and certainly these waderas and sardars should be eliminated. This is shameful. Everyone knows the story of how these Khars go around abusing and yet they seem to be able to get away with it.

The worst part is that, after all the complaining and hand wringing, the Pakistani public will dutifully go and elect Nawaz Sharif. And Zardari (or Bilawal) after that. And Nawaz again, ...

For those who claim that 'education' will solve the problem, they are being naive. As if no progressive Pakistani in the last 60 years has thought of that already! The reality is that these elite control almost all aspects of Pakistani society -- the feudals have their own jail and they decide which of their subjects goes to school and who doesn't. The national ministerships are appointed by these same feudals. The media just makes noises for ratings and then shuts up.

The worst part is that, after all the complaining and hand wringing, the Pakistani public will dutifully go and elect Nawaz Sharif. And Zardari (or Bilawal) after that. And Nawaz again, ...

For those who claim that 'education' will solve the problem, they are being naive. As if no progressive Pakistani in the last 60 years has thought of that already! The reality is that these elite control almost all aspects of Pakistani society -- the feudals have their own jail and they decide which of their subjects goes to school and who doesn't. The national ministerships are appointed by these same feudals. The media just makes noises for ratings and then shuts up.

Does this mean that being feudal and serving feudals is part of our national psyche?
In that case.. a split of our nation may not be a bad idea.
I think the problem lies with the centralized power system in itself.
And the constant auger of dictatorships...
This made the military(which is still revered as a source of national pride and stability by a majority) turn partially feudal and colonial as well. Hence the love for feudal politicos and playing kingpin in the game of chess.

The only way this can be solved is through a bloody revolution... something the nations in Pakistan lack coherency to do.

As they say.. we lack nationhood.. but are a breeding ground for "nations"..
A feudal system only helps this along.

Does this mean that being feudal and serving feudals is part of our national psyche?
In that case.. a split of our nation may not be a bad idea.
I think the problem lies with the centralized power system in itself.
And the constant auger of dictatorships...
This made the military(which is still revered as a source of national pride and stability by a majority) turn partially feudal and colonial as well. Hence the love for feudal politicos and playing kingpin in the game of chess.

The only way this can be solved is through a bloody revolution... something the nations in Pakistan lack coherency to do.

As they say.. we lack nationhood.. but are a breeding ground for "nations"..
A feudal system only helps this along.

As for the military, I don't know what they can do. They have formed a compact with the feudals and each side lets the other be. If the military intervenes to forcibly oust the feudals (and jail them presumably), the military coup will be condemned by all and sundry -- especially by the foreign governments whose bidding the feudals do in exchange for money.

A bloody revolution? maybe, but it wouldn't succeed without the support of at least part of the military (with the remaining part holding off). In any case, most of our population is so deeply controlled by the feudals (either directly or through their proxy mullahs) that a popular revolution seems unlikely. The urban PTI crowd can hardly muster a significant force to confront the feudals by force.

Finally, on the nationhood part, I am not sure I agree. The situation was actually better in the past and we used to have a much better sense of a common nation. Perhaps it was a residue of the '65 and '71 wars. Even when we lost East pakistan, most ordinary West Pakistanis sympathized with our Bangla brothers and sisters. The anger was specifically directed at Mujib and his cronies.

Finally, on the nationhood part, I am not sure I agree. The situation was actually better in the past and we used to have a much better sense of a common nation. Perhaps it was a residue of the '65 and '71 wars. Even when we lost East pakistan, most ordinary West Pakistanis sympathized with our Bangla brothers and sisters. The anger was specifically directed at Mujib and his cronies.

Not realizing that Ayub Khan's policies.. and ZA Bhutto's manipulation of those is what really helped the movement along.
The common nation may be more prevalent among the educated masses of Punjab, KP and Sindh perhaps... and the uneducated masses of Punjab and KP.
But the rest of the areas are very divided on their loyalties and the like.

Still.. orbiting back to the topic I see no remorse by Khar as such.. whether or not he is guilty.
And surprisingly his step mother seems to be very quiet as well.

Still.. orbiting back to the topic I see no remorse by Khar as such.. whether or not he is guilty.
And surprisingly his step mother seems to be very quiet as well.

That's because their arrogance is untempered by a proper law enforcement regime.

The super rich are always in a world of their own, even in the most developed countries, and many of them evade justice there (Kennedys in USA), but rarely in such extreme cases and with the media spotlight directly on them. In Pakistan, they control the system, so who's going to hold them accountable?

Back
Top Bottom