What's new

Best COAS of Pakistan?

Farah Sohail

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Who, do u think, has been the best Chief of Army Staff of Pakistan, uptil now?

Also, where would u place General Kiyani? Amongst the best, somewhere in the middle, or...?

Don't know about the best..........but I can give you the worst ones!!!!!;)

Ayub Khan it is... and none could match him... people anticipated Musharraf to be living the legacy of Ayub Khan but he blew it miserably and earned himself a shameful fate.

ayub khan then kiyani he would be no goner on drones but he did what no other coas did he brought the army back to where they were supposed to be in the barracks and in the border completely out of politics so i think he deserves credit for ending a long legacy and now after a long time the age of army has ended now the ones in power are either the politicians or the police.

pic_ayub-khan-1965-2.gif

scan0019.jpg

scan0015.jpg

scan0021.jpg

It should be Yahya Khan. That bloody #$$#%v 353$ %#$% 3 $#% #$534 345 #$5 34% 34 @$#@@$ $%

yahya gets the worst... worst mistake of ayub was to give him power and believe in that man

Gen. Jahangir Karamat
Even he suffer from nawaz sharif nonse and stupidity

No Retreat, No Surrender,

Ayub Khan, You were A wonder. !!

My personal favorite would be Gen Zia ul Haq or Gen Ayub Khan..

None of us here, like Gen Kiyani?

Gen Kiyani would have been amongst my most fav, if he had taken some action on drones..Not acting on drones have been his greatest negative point..Other than this, I think Gen Kiyani has done a commendable job, in tough circumstances

Best? I think most of them were great.

Yes, Kiyani should be given a top position. He has done wonders for Pakistan, tried to fight corruption in ranks, tried to increase public relation, gave Zardari and Gilani run for their seats, gave/is giving US a hard time. Along with the failure, there are good things that no other COAS has done.

The Raymond Davis case, Kiyani and Pasha gave a hard time to everyone, including US, Pakistan Government and KSA.

Add: Kiyani also knows how to take things under pressure and hard times. He has done great deal in controlling his nerves and making wise decisions.

no coas was perfest even ayub made some mistakes but you know they were humans and you have to see their gods so ayub first for me then kiyani

One thing tht I dont like much abt Gen Kiyani is tht he is toooo soft spoken or diplomatic, for a COAS.. I mean, personality of COAS should be more bold,more vocal and agressive, but he comes off as a very very humble, & soft spoken person. Being humble is good, but his profile requires him to be more assertive(in my opinion) Also, he gives too much of a free hand to this corrupt and treacherous govt.. I feel he is too tolerant & patient.. He lets the govt get away with almost everything....I know tht he doesnt want to poke his nose into affairs of the govt, but there has to be a limit.. I am not asking him to declare Martial Law.. but atleast give this govt, some red lines.ke bhai kitna looto ge? ..ab bas karo......

Also on media, almost every day Army is bashed, on one issue or the other, but he doesnt do anything.. .He could ask PEMRA to be strict with the media, in this regard, not to criticise Army in a derogatory manner everytime... Media does it, coz they know, tht Gen Kiyani wouldnt do anything.. I doubt if there had been any other COAS, media would have been so much irresponsible, while criticisng Army, even uncessarily..Had there been any other COAS, i doubt media would have dared to do so... Even in Musharraf's time.. Army wasnt criticised, the way it is now.. It clearly looks tht our media is working on someone else's agenda, to defame Army on almost every issue.

Kayani is leading PA during the hardest of times in history. When the economics is at its worst, worst ever political leadership in government and opposition, political leadership sitting outside the parliament is also not an exception. A very hard hitting media which is still not yet mature alongwith an overall corrupt society. The world has turned unipolar and the super power is a mad elephant with a record of attacking nations and being the only one to have used nuclear device twice over adversary. In given circumstances leading military is really a hard task which no other COAS had to face. Bringing a drone down may not be the best options still finding something in between is not something easy. Full marks to kiyani, I consider him the best and don't forget he led the army which beat Taliban in their own battle ground (Swat).

Back
Top Bottom