What's new

Best 4th Generation Fighter In The World

F-16 proved a lot...
Really liked Su-30 and Rafael....

It depends upon the mission! The F-16, like the F/A-18, does everything fairly well, but not as good as specialized aircraft like F-15, Su-27, A-10, Su-25. But specialization is expensive and complex. There are great advantages to having a simplified fleet structure.

why are u guys hating everything from France lately. The feeling was different during the news about M2K- rose upgrades where there. :blink:

Where is the point about hating................did you read the thread properly..??

Those damn birds....such marvelous and breathtaking show of cutting edge technology and power of innovation.Yet such a waste of manpower ,time and wealth.All these just because we don't trust each other.......

Oh... okay, F-16 because of patriotic feelings towards that plane :chilli:

VERY INTERESTING POST FROM ALL. Thank you. #

Some observations.

Those of you voting F16 OR F15 re basing your judgements based on combat records mostly from 20 years hence. Yes the F15 & F16 smashed all comers but mostly against poorly trained non bvr no awacs supported 2nd & 3rd generation fighters.

I would love to see how both F15 & F16 would fair against a air power equipped with 100 su30mki backed by s300 abm and awacs cover. I can gurantee you won,t BE seeing the same results.

Another point The Typhoon danced circles round F16/52 IN MOCK COMBAT in Nato excercises due to far superior engine power and great low RCS yet no one mentioned Typhoon.

Rafael of france have easily defeated F18 super hornets in mock excercises yet Again no takers.

3RD WHY HAS NOBODY BIGGED THE J0/FC20 as the best 4th generation plane.

Silent eagle or SU35 do not exist except prototypes so my list goes.

Best all rounder multi role F18 super hornets or Rafael
Best Air supremacy Typhoon AND su30mki

F16/52/60 good but single engine lack load and power and agility compared to the above...

FC20 nobody knows how good or indeed bad the chinease radars and weapons are its a unknown.

JUST MY OPINION.

^^^ Mate Typhoon and Rafale falls into 4.5 generation, hence excluded. But you are correct that Most of the F-15, F-16 scored against very weak oppositions.

I think currently best 4th Gen fighters are Su-30mki, F-16 blk 52+ and Mig-29SMT.

Last edited:
VERY INTERESTING POST FROM ALL. Thank you. #

Another point The Typhoon danced circles round F16/52 IN MOCK COMBAT in Nato excercises due to far superior engine power and great low RCS yet no one mentioned Typhoon.

F16/52/60 good but single engine lack load and power and agility compared to the above...

JUST MY OPINION.

With respect, it seems that you are basing your choices on agility. The NEED for extreme agility died years ago. Far more important are the radar, the missiles, and the overall quality and integration of avionics (RWR, datalink, etc).

As Pakistani JFT :D :D :D

But honest opinion is I like F16s Block 60 and Block 52s.......

As Pakistani JFT :D :D :D

But honest opinion is I like F16s Block 60 and Block 52s.......

bro I guess the best is the F-16IN series...it is more powerful than F-15 but is possible the F-15S (silent) series is best in all ..cuz that is stealth . Thats why the Israel was trying for that too.. that is even more powerful than F-35 too...as for as my info is concerned....
:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom