What's new

Beautiful Shenzhen and Shanghai.

Shenzhen 30 years ago and today

OifMQ.jpg

Above, Shenzhen circa 1970.

And Below, Shenzhen today (2010).
6TyJp.jpg

xhJa0.jpg

I realised that when I visted East asia. Their preception of God is different from the west or the near east. Its more spiritual than stupid like Abrahamic faiths. Its quite unimaginable of N. East asia having state and religion

They were very lucky they were far from the middle east. Their belief in the higher power has nothing to do with fear of punishment, or restrictions on lifestyle.

China is proof that you dont need agressive expansions, killing, exploiting natives, slaving to build a great nation.

I agree with you. Most of that was done by Christians anyway.

Chinese big cities are very polluted and crowded. Fact.

It is also a fact that Chinese cities are among the fastest growing cities in the whole world.

In five or ten more years, the development leap will be as great or greater than what we have seen in the past decade.

That is what I am really looking forward to.

What we see here, on this thread... this is only the beginning.

Make an Account at Photobucket and upload you pictures there then post the links here. :)

If you go to the large cities like Shenzhen, Shanghai, Beijing and etc, you will not have any problems. Not everyone speak English though. However, there are plenty of people who can speak English and that will make your life there easier. BTW, in Beijing, there are quite a few muslims living there and the place is quite famous as well. It is called Niu Jie or can be translated word by word as "Cow Street".

If English becomes widely spoken (or nearly !) in China...I'm moving there ! :D

The pictures of Shanghai I posted are mainly from Pudong district, and pictures of Shenzhen I posted are mainly from Central Business District.

I am a Hong Konger, so I only know the most famous areas, maybe someone else can post more in-depth pictures of these two cities.

Here is an album. There are lots of amazing fotos of many great Chinese cities in display.

rapid-development-chinese-cities

Thanks to nika for doing a marvellous job!

You need to page through it to find Shanghai and Shenzhen.

Take your time and enjoy them. A great tour of Chinese cities on the net!

Is China improving it's management of wildlife? The recent extinctions that occured in China, were pretty depressing. The Baiji and the south China tiger in partiular.

believe me, your children may not even want to learn english, they may prefer to learn Chinese !!

Students from 70 countries of the world were participating in this annual event, now in its 11th year: The "Chinese Bridge" is a competition for proficiency in Chinese for students of overseas universities who are learning the language in their countries.

@5:00, you can find the welcoming entries of students from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and other Asian countres.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is another version of "Chinese Bridge" which is organised annually for similar kind of competition for foreign students who are now studying in China.

The video below was showing the advanced stage of the competition just concluded in Beijing over the last week for the 5th year. Preliminary screening was done at various universities in China sometime earlier.

Their mastery of the language skills was amazing!

You may jump to 17:48 skipping the opening speeches for a glimpse of the vibrant activities of the students and organizers during their competitive journeys to the final in Beijing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom