What's new

Beards Prevent Skin Cancer

BLACKEAGLE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Jordan
VIRGINIA CITY, Nev. (CBS Las Vegas) – Last October, the town of Virginia City, Nev., was named the most bearded community in the entire United States.

And if a new study is to be believed, then Virginia City may also be one of the healthiest towns around.

According to researchers at the University of Southern Queensland in Australia, beards serve a purpose far beyond making a fashion statement – they can prevent skin cancer.
The website New Now Next is reporting that beards block 90 to 95 percent of all ultraviolet rays from making contact with facial skin.

Researchers reportedly left several mannequins in the sun – some with beards, and some without. Those with the beards reportedly fared far better in the blistering sunshine than those without.

The beard benefits don’t stop there, however – they can also catch allergy-inducing pollens and dust. And the website reported that shaving could lead to detrimental effects such as acne, ingrown hairs and bacterial infection.

The study was published in the journal Radiation Protection Dosimetry Journal, New Now Next learned.
Beards Prevent Skin Cancer | NC Links

VIRGINIA CITY, Nev. (CBS Las Vegas) – Last October, the town of Virginia City, Nev., was named the most bearded community in the entire United States.

And if a new study is to be believed, then Virginia City may also be one of the healthiest towns around.

According to researchers at the University of Southern Queensland in Australia, beards serve a purpose far beyond making a fashion statement – they can prevent skin cancer.
The website New Now Next is reporting that beards block 90 to 95 percent of all ultraviolet rays from making contact with facial skin.

Researchers reportedly left several mannequins in the sun – some with beards, and some without. Those with the beards reportedly fared far better in the blistering sunshine than those without.

The beard benefits don’t stop there, however – they can also catch allergy-inducing pollens and dust. And the website reported that shaving could lead to detrimental effects such as acne, ingrown hairs and bacterial infection.

The study was published in the journal Radiation Protection Dosimetry Journal, New Now Next learned.

Were those mannequins naked or clothed ? :what:

They, Mannequins are not humans, so to study the case of ultraviolet rays and its impact on skin cancer (melanoma) seems absurd.

In other words you are inferring that Mullahs are living a clever life than others?
Sun rays exposure to homo sapien is inevitable.

What about the other parts of human body??

Should humans also grow hair there also??

Er...:blink:

Well, so does wearing a veil...I mean covering up is 1 of the advice cancer prevention centers give! :D

What about the other parts of human body??

Should humans also grow hair there also??

@Srinivas Is the word clothes new to you? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Er...:blink:

Well, so does wearing a veil...I mean covering up is 1 of the advice cancer prevention centers give! :D

@Srinivas Is the word clothes new to you? :blink:

That's funny mate, there are advantages and disadvantages with beards, But advantages out weigh here in my view.

I address ladies concern here ;).

Scientifically this has nothing to do with the beard rather covering of skin which can also be achieved with a piece of cloth or shade!

That's funny mate, there are advantages and disadvantages with beards, But advantages out weigh here in my view.

I address ladies concern here ;).
@Srinivas I beg your pardon?! :blink:

Scientifically this has nothing to do with the beard rather covering of skin which can also be achieved with a piece of cloth or shade!
@somebozo Hence I mentioned veil also serves the same purpose ...

covering up is 1 of the advice cancer prevention centers give!

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/236965-beards-prevent-skin-cancer.html#ixzz2Loe0CmmL

Like Kissing, Cuddling and what not :secret:

No idea how that will help skin cancer...

The beard in Islam has to do with equality and a code I think.

Well, different sects have different opinions....Some say it is a trademark others say it is sunnah without knowing what it stands for....

And now if it has another meaning I am more than happy to embrace it esp if it is Scientific...But I cant seem to find that article....though it is established fact for every skin cancer patient or those prone to it to cover up to protect the skin from UV rays as their skin is more sensitive as compared to others though the same OTHERS also may get skin cancer all it requires is mutation of skin cell due to UV exposure!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom