What's new

Bangladeshi Farmer Sends “Aid” to Dubai Government

What these stupid sheiks try to prove there? Another Las Vagus .

Isnt it the sin city of middle east?? Seriously these are placed where extremist sucide bombers should actually target.

C'mon dude thats certainly not a solution and its haraam in our religion.
But i guess u do hav a point:azn:

C'mon dude thats certainly not a solution and its haraam in our religion.
But i guess u do hav a point:azn:

These are the people who finance these so called sucide bombers with generous handouts to win approval for their thrones..and the poor people are being hit day and night..dont we have a right to wish them the same evil??

These are the people who finance these so called sucide bombers with generous handouts to win approval for their thrones..and the poor people are being hit day and night..dont we have a right to wish them the same evil??

May be, because I've heard zakir naik once say
If you can't do anything for their harm on you,
you can atleast curse them.

The Sheikhs believe " If you build, they will come."

Yes, there was a time when the arab Sheikhs thought that way. As a result, Dubai became a free port and became a center for trades. Considering its location, Dubai still has the potentiality to become the hub for trade and business.

Global financial meltdown has melted also the Dubai financial institutions. But, it was probably more due to superficial development of that city state with borrowed money. The Sheikhs built a balloon instead of economy. The balloon got many pores in its system prematuredly first because of wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and then because of global meltdown.

But, when the situation changes from worse to better, Dubai may come back. Arabs need their own safe haven to protect their money, which is not that safe in the hands of western countries. In fact, this was the main impetus for building a trade center in the desert of Dubai.

This is a place where exporters from developed econmies can export their goods, and importers from three Continents can come, purchase in bulk and ship to their homelands. So, Dubai will certainly come back.

Yes, there was a time when the arab Sheikhs thought that way. As a result, Dubai became a free port and became a center for trades. Considering its location, Dubai still has the potentiality to become the hub for trade and business.

Global financial meltdown has melted also the Dubai financial institutions. But, it was probably more due to superficial development of that city state with borrowed money. The Sheikhs built a balloon instead of economy. The balloon got many pores in its system prematuredly first because of wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and then because of global meltdown.

But, when the situation changes from worse to better, Dubai may come back. Arabs need their own safe haven to protect their money, which is not that safe in the hands of western countries. In fact, this was the main impetus for building a trade center in the desert of Dubai.

This is a place where exporters from developed econmies can export their goods, and importers from three Continents can come, purchase in bulk and ship to their homelands. So, Dubai will certainly come back.

Dubai will have a comeback although in tough competition with Abu Dhabi this time.
I don't think that people here are upset about that, rather it is the madness that occurred in dubai which is in direct opposition of our religions commandments about modesty.

Is it just me or does this 'story' reek of satire/ fiction?

Edit: Thought so. It was written in December 2009 in a humour/ satire website called The Eggplant Post. Click on this Link

Thanks, I have checked with the link above. I think, the news itself is authentic. But, read also the quotation of Bahadur Shah Zafar, the last Mughal Emperor of Hindustan, and the comments by a highly knowledgeable person named Wequar Azeem on this same news. It is educational for all humans in all the times.

Wequar Azeem | December 18, 2009 at 7:53 am
Bahadur Shah Zafar, the last Moghul Emperor, also a very good poet, said in his Ghazal, and I translate it in my words “Zafar, do not treat a man as a human being, if he does not fear God in his wealth, or does not remember God in his poverty “. The rich natives of Dubai and other neighboring states acted snobbish like Demi-gods with expatriates and treated them with scorn and arrogance. How can that go unpunished ?

Thanks EyelessinGaza for bringing some sanity back.

People, please verify and verify again before you start with the arab and emirati bashing.

When you had a quote saying the makhtoum was away on a ski trip, that should have been a red herring right there.

People, please verify and verify again before you start with the arab and emirati bashing.

When you had a quote saying the makhtoum was away on a ski trip, that should have been a red herring right there.

Why do you think this news is incorrect? A $500 checque sent to the now poor govt of Dubai is not something that cannot be done. It was the wish of the donor out of his goodwill towards that country, and not because he wanted to bash the country. Nevertheless, I must say the Dubai arabs became arrogant and became the disciples of Namrud.

Its not too long ago when UAE sheikh and king had fun in camel race with underage children traficked from sub continent. That should tell you what they are make of. Makhtoum was away on a ski trip and I believe that.

Sorry if I am spoiling it guys, but the story is false.

The picture of the guy used in the article was taken from another article.
Here is the original article with his picture,
Mobile rings changes for world's poor - Technology - http://www.smh.com.au/technology/

tech_bangdesh3_apr22,0.jpg
Bangladeshi farmer Ebrahim Sakar speaks on his mobile phone as he brings his cattle to feed at Khoksa in Kushtia district, some 180km west of the capital Dhaka. Photo: AFP

The story posted by Iajdani was a satire on eggplantpost.com. I mean c'mon what kind of a "Senior Associate at Deutsche Bank" will make a statement like "it seems Mr. Bungawalla may be wealthier than the government of Dubai"

And to me an article from The Sydney Morning Herald is much more believable then EggPlantPost, just saying ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom