What's new

Bangladeshi Farmer Sends “Aid” to Dubai Government

TopCat

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
farmerbd.jpg

EP: Dubai - In an unusual turn of events, a rural farmer from a village 200 km north of Dhaka has donated $500 in “aid” to the city state of Dubai to help its struggling economy through the worst financial crisis in its history. Enayatul Bungawalla, who is 44 and married with 4 children, announced the decision after he became aware of the massive debt crisis currently plaguing the Arab Emirate. “I worked in Dubai for 10 years starting in the late 90′s” said Mr. Bungawalla who was interviewed by a local TV station from his porch yesterday afternoon, “and while the Emiratis treated me like a slave, I have fond memories of the place.”

Bangladeshi farmer Enayatul Bungawalla talks on his cell phone while caring for one of his cows. Bungawalla donated $500 in aid to Dubai to help it recover from its financial crisis.
Deutsche Bank, who is currently overseeing payments for Dubai’s massive debt burden, believes that Mr Bungawalla, who owns 12 cows and an acre of land which he inherited from his father, may actually have a greater net worth than the entire city-state. “Given the rapid fall in real-estate values and extreme abuse of leveraged finance that took place in Dubai over the last several years, it seems Mr. Bungawalla may be wealthier than the government of Dubai” commented Anders Fisher, a senior associate at the firm.

Mr. Bungawalla went on to explain that he was able to save enough money working in Dubai to purchase his first two cows and start a small dairy farm business, which he then grew overtime. He described how he felt terrible that Dubai was now going through such difficulty and thought it would be appropriate for him to “give back” to the place where he made his start.

“I am a blessed person, I have a very comfortable living now in my village and can’t help but think that Dubai played a big role in getting me to this point. I feel it is my responsibility to help however I can.”

The office of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the ruler of Dubai, said that the Sheikh was not available for comment, explaining that he “is currently skiiing at the indoor ski slope at the Mall of the Emirates and has not had time to review the offer.”

Many are waiting to see how Maktoum will respond to the offer, as accepting the money from Mr. Bungawalla will also tacitly recognize him as a human being. “The United Arab Emirates was built largely on the backs of immigrant slave labor” explains Tariq Masood, an economist at the University of Dubai, “and part of the justification for allowing workers to live in such poor conditions was a systematic campaign to dehumanize them.” Masood went on to clarify how “accepting the foreign aid would have strong repercussions for Dubai’s political establishment as this means accepting help from people that were generally spit upon by the ruling class.”

When asked to respond to the controversy, Mr. Bungawalla shook his head and responded “I have an uncle who is constantly getting drunk, wasting all his money on useless junk and ending up on the street with nothing. Even if he is ungrateful for my help and sometimes rejects it purely out of arrogance, stupidity or both, is he not still my uncle? Should I not still help him?”

wow thats kinda amazing. But what kind of name is that Mr.Bungawalla.

WOW..if one reads the article throughly..he will find that what he intends to send is a slap on Dubai government face where human right abuses are rampant and Bengladeshi construction labour is held in a virtual gulag.

He portrays his message to ruler of Dubai that you all arabs with boatload of cash are no different than any other human with same red blood. And all humans are equal wether in power or in need.

These arabis who boast about Muslim ummah are an utter shame and legacy of criminal and corrupt british imperial past.

The office of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the ruler of Dubai, said that the Sheikh was not available for comment, explaining that he “is currently skiiing at the indoor ski slope at the Mall of the Emirates and has not had time to review the offer.”

In a classic tale dubai was crashing and maktoom was skiing.

Last edited:
Why are Emaratis not like Omani arabs? They have too much money!

I live in Emirates but I absolutely love it there (I like it more than a certain western country I used to live in) but the Emaratis have been spoilt by their government. Take Omani arabs- they are a prosperous country but their people are poor. They are the nicest people I have ever met.

Emaratis cannot call themselves true Muslims without fixing this problem. But let's not make this a bashing thread as I live in U.A.E myself and I can say it is much more tolerant than other places I have lived. But I hope this farmer makes an example from these people- why must they spoil their citizens?

let this be a lesson for these people who went straight against God's commandments.
Good job mr Bungawala

“I worked in Dubai for 10 years starting in the late 90′s” said Mr. Bungawalla who was interviewed by a local TV station from his porch yesterday afternoon, “and while the Emiratis treated me like a slave, I have fond memories of the place

Very nice of him and slap to the faces of abusive scums. He got a funny name for a BD's though. :D

Can you please tell where he live? I mean district.

Quite an amazing guy if you think about it 500$ isn't cheap either, well atleast from our context. While the sheikhs are sking in ice what a shame(they even call themselves muslim)

Dubai is a place where every happen. Either good or bad thing. Where 99% people are muslim. They think pure muslim.

Dubai is a place where every happen. Either good or bad thing. Where 99% people are muslim. They think pure muslim.

Isnt it the sin city of middle east?? Seriously these are placed where extremist sucide bombers should actually target.

Quite an amazing guy if you think about it 500$ isn't cheap either, well atleast from our context. While the sheikhs are sking in ice what a shame(they even call themselves muslim)

The sheikhs are sking on the ice, because that is the kind of rulers muslim nations had in the past century. I am saying that with grave concern and how unfortunate it is.

Back
Top Bottom