What's new

Bangladesh wants to redraw sea border with India

Why we are claiming 450 nm ? is it not 350 nm for EEZ ? where a country is supposed to enjoy its rights to fishing and exploring and extracting other marine resources in 12-24 nautical miles of territorial sea from the coastline, 200 nautical miles of exclusive economic zone and maximum of 350 nautical miles of continental shelf. I think it may increase tension with india .

If i am not wrong I read in one place that germany had similar types of problem with france like bd has with india and berma but germany had won the claim.... bd is following the same strategy of germany...said by a bd official...

If i am not wrong I read in one place that germany had similar types of problem with france like bd has with india and berma but germany had won the claim.... bd is following the same strategy of germany...said by a bd official...

B.D. is no Germany.:coffee:

Well then, congratulations in advance! :lol:

In short Nepalese are sissies and they don hav any balls ....
Ok back to topic,

LOOK !!! WHO IS SAYING ?
1971 witnessed worst human influx from Bangladesh to neighboring India. Indian government reports that around 8-9 million migrants took shelter in 829 refugee camps. According to National Geographic (Sept. 1972), the estimated number of Bangladeshi refugees was 10.0 million. Also, a large number of people were displaced within the country, estimated number was around 20 million (The UN in Bangladesh). To escape mass killing, rape and destruction, men, women and children defied many odds that took toll of untold sufferings and death.

:cheers: for BD if they settle anything on table. And enjoy your future natural resources :yahoo::tup::bunny:

LOOK !!! WHO IS SAYING ?
1971 witnessed worst human influx from Bangladesh to neighboring India. Indian government reports that around 8-9 million migrants took shelter in 829 refugee camps. According to National Geographic (Sept. 1972), the estimated number of Bangladeshi refugees was 10.0 million. Also, a large number of people were displaced within the country, estimated number was around 20 million (The UN in Bangladesh). To escape mass killing, rape and destruction, men, women and children defied many odds that took toll of untold sufferings and death.

:cheers: for BD if they settle anything on table. And enjoy your future natural resources :yahoo::tup::bunny:

Majority of the people those who went to india are hindus....n it is quite common of displacement of people during war... for example look at afghanistan and iraq.. does it mean that they are not brave???

This has nothing to compare with the nepal... where it is not doing anything related to border dispute with india thats why the comment was made...

basically u (eastwatch) didn't understand what that Indian posted !!! :rofl:

Who told u to leave us in the first place in 71. You could have stayed with us .... :rofl:

Look, correct or incorrect, 'Are' has sent a beautiful post. We may also say that it was a well-decorated post. When I sent my post in response, I have said that I had little time and I would study it before I answer it.

Now, I have checked it. 'Are's contention is correct upto a point, but is not fully correct when considered in context of the CONTINENTAL SHELF of BoB. This continental shelf is the submereged area of the continent when ice melted after the end of last ice age. Sea level was about 150 m lower in that age than it is today. It means that the land area was much bigger than it is today.

After this melting of huge amount of ice throughout our planet, a large area of what is now Bangladesh went 150 m below the Lowest Sea Level (LSL).

Now, the UN martime law says a country can claim either a 200 nm or the width of CONTINENTAL SHELF itself, whichever is greater, as its Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ). This is why Bangladesh is claiming a 450 nm width as its rightful sea territory.

To understand my point, please search by google earth to see that BD's continental shelf line is almost four times larger than the Burmese and indian lines. The lines are very distinct. India probably cannot get away with this sea-stealing.

@zombieland, who told you our countries' separation is eternal. We certainly will someday create a Confederation.

Last edited:
here bd does not need to be germany... bd is just following the claim which was made and won by germany.. i think you have at least that much brain to understand that...

Some one obviously does not know the international standing Germany has and what BD has.

Most of them would be ; BD....what the heck is that ..:lol:

@aakash_2410

I would leave this for any Nepali in general or Gurkha in particular to 'explain'.

Some one obviously does not know the international standing Germany has and what BD has.

Most of them would be ; BD....what the heck is that ..:lol:

I would leave this for any Nepali in general or Gurkha in particular to 'explain'.

I think you know that the issue has been raised to an international body where each and every body is treated equally... n I am saying again bd does not needs to be germany instead as germany has won such from the same body it will help bangladesh to use that as a reference..

N if you does not know what is bd you are nothing more then a oxymoron.

Last edited:
@aakash_2410

Ok back to topic,

This is our claim
BD-EEZ-Claim.jpg

but india and myanmar wants to go for eco–distance system which for obvious reason we are opposing.

i wish u could think before u talk :wave:

I think you know that the issue has been raised to an international body where each and every body is treated equally... n I am saying again bd does not needs to be germany instead as germany has won such from the same body it will help bangladesh to use that as a reference..

N if you does not know what is bd you are nothing more then a oxymoron.

Leave it - what I wrote ,it seems, is obviously above your level of comprehension.

I will not take the pains to explain it.:wave:

basically u (eastwatch) didn't understand what that Indian posted !!! :rofl:

Who told u to leave us in the first place in 71. You could have stayed with us .... :rofl:

We have well relation and impression about Pakistani members here. Do not destroy that by posting anything. Wises would look forward for future opportunity. And I find many things common in BD and PK unlike IN.

We have possibility to work together as economic and strategic partners to serve our interests. I agree that we would be more strong and India would not dare to do anything like that with us.

I think if we were same country then PK would not face the problems that it is facing today. If PK-govt would give privilege to BD-policy makers then the raising of terrorism would not happen in PK, I think. But unfortunately, PK missed us for its mistakes. But we can work together again. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom