What's new

Bangladesh to China ordered 16 F-7BGI light fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
First BD needs to establish the short rang SAM network (thats BD is doing now). Then the medium range SAM and finally the long rang SAM and it will take least 6 years.

militairej7089.jpg

well since a few Bangladeshi members were discussing the purchase of long range SAM's, i think the Chinese HQ-9 would make a good long range SAM system, along with medium range SAM's (SPADA 2000 is a good medium range SAM), Short range SAM's and shoulder launched MANPADS would make a good overlapping SAM umbrella denying the enemy the ability to enter Bangladesh's airspace.

I had read this more than a year ago from some other forum that BD is thinking of introducing Buk-M1 missile system. What happened to that deal? That could have been a great Mid-range-high-altitude missile defense system.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

This can not be the J-7BGI cockpit. The Chief of Air Staff of BAF had officially announced 3 MFD. In the pic there are two. To put one more MFD, the design must be changed. One thing I have heard is the MFDs will be larger than the earlier J-7BG. If it is true then they need to redesign the entire cockpit to accommodate the larger MFDs and its switches.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

This can not be the J-7BGI cockpit. The Chief of Air Staff of BAF had officially announced 3 MFD. In the pic there are two. To put one more MFD, the design must be changed. One thing I have heard is the MFDs will be larger than the earlier J-7BG. If it is true then they need to redesign the entire cockpit to accommodate the larger MFDs and its switches.

Of course. I was just referring to the images, where it was taken from.

BAF is buying 10 YAK-130 instead of M-346. Both aircraft has same airframe and performs prety much the same way.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

So, my source was right about it.

yes,JFT PT01 once called super-7.but it does not mean that the design of JFT come from J7.
JF-17 Deputychief engineer : PAF combat experience into the design of the jf17 - YouTube

the Deputy chief designer said that the design of JFT come from PAF's combat experience(mainly PAF's F16).he confirm JF17 is a undisputed 4gen (chinese 3rd)fighter in world,he denied the statement of that jf17 is a J7's variant.

The development course of JF17 THUNDER/ FC1 XIAOLONG - YouTube

this cctv interview of all chinese engineer on JF17 project,they also denied the statement of that jf17 is a J7's variant like the Deputy chief designer.indeed,bcz PAF was not satisfied with the original design of SUPER7,So CAC had to redesigned the aircraft .
This is why super-7 was renamed JF17 after the first flight tests of JF17 PT01 in 2003 .The number“17”(>16) means that the new aircraft will beat USA's F16. Do you think a J7's variant can beat USA's F16.LOL.
btw,the real final version of J7 is guizhou JL9.however,JF17 is anything but J7's variant.

Sorry to interrupt...But sir, please say something about these pics...

1. FC-1
chengdu_PAC_FC-1_JF-17_mockup_2_big.jpg

2. FC-1/JF-17/Super-7
chengdu_PAC_FC-1_JF-17_mockup_1_big.jpg

Does Pak have Super 7 too, which is looks like JF-17 or JF-17 looks like Super 7 ???!! :blink:

FC-1/JF-17 or Super 7 ...???!!! :what:

Here is the link: Modern nske sthacie lietadl

Anyway, I like FC-1 multi-role fighter. It's a very cost effective and good fighter... :tup:

- MHJ ...

F-7BGI China's Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group Company F-7-based research and development of new models, equipped with improved airborne equipment, including - - - hand throttle lever, hands on the bar, control device (HOTAS) ,control device, three multi-function cockpit displays and a HUD. The machine also has the ability to use guided weapons, the use of GPS signals to transmit high-precision air-guided bombs. The machine also has GPS system for navigation bomb throwing ability due to Bangladesh's orders.

* F-7BGI is BVR capable,,,so, It will have a different looks and nose for it's new radar...

I guess BAF 's F-7BGI will look like any one of these F-7 models/variants/...

1. F-7FS
chengdu_J-7FS_late.jpg

2. F-7X
5550200203_19b780c16b.jpg

3. F-7MF
040223f7mf.jpg

F-7MF%282%29.jpg

http://www.hitechweb.genezis.eu/fightersOF02.files/chengdu_F-7MF_FC-1.jpg

4. F-7 Super Seven
grumman_super_7_sabre_II_3_big.jpg

fc_b.gif

5. JL-9
04.jpg

6. F-7 with CFT
392124_153315658109890_135153656592757_232909_1007099749_n.jpg

Who knows...???!!!

- MHJ ...

Super seven was the original plan for a massively upgraded j-7, it was to included western help, specifically help from the US. after 89' due to sanctions the plan fell apart but CAC kept the project alive through its own low level funding, until PAF/PLAAF interest grew again and from there on it was massively redesigned using the new funds, new tech and much input from PAF and produced the jf-17 as it is today

I heard, capabilitywise JF-17 and F-7BGI would be almost same.

Why Bangladesh want such old fighter? (I'm not trolling, just asking)

Why Bangladesh want such old fighter? (I'm not trolling, just asking)

we don't have any serious enemy that we can use high tech jets with. Its pretty pointless. We can't match India, it is pointless trying to nor do we have any beef with Myanmar. These F 7s are perfect for us, part of the modernization program of our military.

I rather have us go for some good SAMs and spend money reducing our poverty. We are growing at an astronomical 10%, thanks to our low defense spending.

Those F-7s were ordered long before the our MMRCA deal was finalized. It was intended to replace the BAF's aging A-5s and act as a 'stop gap'.

FC-1 and F-7BGI have almost same number(6/7/8) of hardpoints and both are BVR capable.
But, FC-1 has a little better avionics and radar.

* F-7BGI is the most advanced F-7 variant ever... :sniper: :flame: :triniti:
F-7BGI is cheaper than FC-1...So, F-7BGI is perfect for "stop gap". :tup:

Bangladesh Air Force plans to buy new fighter aircraft, and most promising candidate models, including the U.S. F-16 and Russia's MiG-29SMT/M1-M2. In addition, Sweden's JAS-39 and Russian Su-30 will also participate in the competition. BAF will also procure Mil Mi-35 Super Hind attack helicopter and Mil Mi-171SH support helicopter.

NEways, why are you all calling F-7 a junk? Yet PK and China still have the biggest inventory of that junk. Its a proven platform. No doubt about it. BD did not choose it as the base for its airforce. Its going to buy true 4++ generation fighters in near future. Just wait and see. When we take things in our hand, we take it seriously. A simple example, BD did not consider nuclear energy before but once it did, it ordered 2000 MW plant in a single go. BD never sent satellite before but this time they are sending 2 most modern satellite at a time. We did not consider buying advanced craft for our Navy but this time we ordered a whole lot of them. We already setup "Bangabandhu Aeronautical Centre" institute and a indigenous light aircraft will be built in that within next 10 years,,,InShaAllah... :smitten: :cheers: :azn:

- MHJ ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom