What's new

Bangladesh T96G?

Are you sure its only 120 HP?:undecided:: even a corolla gt is more than that.

I believe it should be 1200 hp or 890 kW. Even a passanger car engine has more power than 120 hp. Sorry for the mistake.

A tank of 41.5 tonnage is not that heavy, it falls in the same category of T-72 (41.5) and T-90(46.5). So what kind of tank is Bangladesh looking for?

As far as I remember, India sent tanks that weighed only around 15 tons in 1971. But, even those tanks bogged down in our terrain. I do not remember the name of those tanks. We have only our NW where tanks can be deployed. A war with Burma or India will not be fought with tanks, precisely speaking. Nature will defend a tank assault. This may be one reason why the military does not want to waste money in tanks.

I am no expert. But, I think, a strong navy, and many anti-aircraft missile system are more important than that. A guerrilla warfare can be conducted if an enemy infantry force enters our territory with artillery. Other than military, BGB (BDR) and Police, more than a million people at any time know how to use small fire arms. They are grouped in militias like Ansars and VDP. An army general always heads these militia groups. It means that these two groups are essentially under the military. It is same with BGB.

What is other bd forums where registering is not so pain in rear end?

You may get membership in BDMilitary Forum. But, you have to understand that mud throwing as we do here is not allowed in that forum. Everyone must stick to the forum rules. You cannot also be an Indian nationalist there and talk big about India. However, there are serious discussions which you may or may not enjoy.

for culture amaderGaan.com
for automobiles http://r3vbd.com

just don't spoil those forums:toast_sign:

You may get membership in BDMilitary Forum. But, you have to understand that mud throwing as we do here is not allowed in that forum. Everyone must stick to the forum rules. You cannot also be an Indian nationalist there and talk big about India. However, there are serious discussions which you may or may not enjoy.

Not interested in military and politics, more interested in songs and stuffs, may be I will lurk for few days and join if I find them engaging. Thanks for the response.

As far as I remember, India sent tanks that weighed only around 15 tons in 1971. But, even those tanks bogged down in our terrain. I do not remember the name of those tanks. We have only our NW where tanks can be deployed. A war with Burma or India will not be fought with tanks, precisely speaking. Nature will defend a tank assault. This may be one reason why the military does not want to waste money in tanks.

I am no expert. But, I think, a strong navy, and many anti-aircraft missile system are more important than that. A guerrilla warfare can be conducted if an enemy infantry force enters our territory with artillery. Other than military, BGB (BDR) and Police, more than a million people at any time know how to use small fire arms. They are grouped in militias like Ansars and VDP. An army general always heads these militia groups. It means that these two groups are essentially under the military. It is same with BGB.

did i read that clearly ?

^STFU.

Well Heavy tanks that bog down in mud will be pathetic for the ones in operation.
Now I’ve seen in another forum that the arrowheads are pointing towards a new air defense program and a joint committee has been formed in that regards. This includes Director, AD, BA and Director, AD, BAF and other concerned officers and directorates (such as WE&S, Artillery of BA and Air Plans etc). Well the equation is like this-

1. VSHORAD : FB-6A (6 km)
2. SHORAD : FM-90 (12 km, for point defence)
3. Medium Range : LY-60D/LY-60N (22 km, for limited aerial defence)
4. Semi-Long Range : LY-70 [Naval Version]/LY-80 (42km, for aerial defence)

[LY-70/LY-80 is a reverse engineered version of Russian BUK-M1-2]"

It seems that the military will also equip all ground unites with MANPADS. The preferred artillery being FN-16 .

These decisions are much more practical than unnecessary procurements such as heavy tanks although it seems Air-Craft procurements won’t be shelved in ribbons. To prevent future invasions by foreign forces we need good Air-Defence and because of the fact that we have a small country there is an advantage of total perimeter coverage. Which on the contrary for our neighbors will be quite expensive to materialize.

Bangladesh Army has already decided to upgrade its existing 300 Type 59/59II tanks to Type 59G's which is basically Type-96 tank in Type-59G body. It will be considerably easy for the army to maintain and modernize Type 96G and Type 59G tank since they share similar technology and parts.

Back
Top Bottom