What's new

Bangladesh overtakes Pakistan in weaving capacity

Dude, in prehistoric time BD was under the sea and silts from Himalaya created this Gangatic Delta. Silts has not stopped coming neither BD stopped gaining more land masses from sea. So you can keep on wet dreaming of BD getting under the sea and let us having all the party on the land mass we claiming from the sea every year despite rising sea level. Rising sea level will only make us rise more even far beyond Indian's head which cant think outside the box.

Few points.

1. I do not wet dream about bangladesh going under the sea. I wish your country well. I hope bangladesh progresses more and overcomes more mile-stones.
2. yes there are hardly any out of the box thinkers in india.
3. i am not sure whether your claim about bangladesh rising above india's head is an on-going topographical phenomenon or simply a metaphor. i do not wish to verify that. i do not care.
4. In my comment that you have quoted, all was trying to do was point out a logical fallacy, there was no attempt to prove bangladesh will go under the sea.
5. i hope next time you don't jump the gun and assume that i am anti-bangladeshi or something.

Well done bangladesh. India Sri Lanka are doing good.Once Wot is over, Pakistan will also grow fast and hope in future south asia becomes more developed like other regions in world.

Well done bangladesh. India Sri Lanka are doing good.Once Wot is over, Pakistan will also grow fast and hope in future south asia becomes more developed like other regions in world.

If Bangladesh will be under the sea then south India will be already wiped out.!!

No, no. It is not South India that will be submerged. It is their Bombay that will submerge long before BD south goes under. Bombay is built on marsh low land. I wonder how much GDP is produced in Bombay. Is it one-third of poor India's GDP that will go into Arabian Sea with the sinking of Bombay along with Asia's largest slum?

Many from Pakistan shifted their factories to BD. So it was expected. Hopefully once we get out of this terrorism and load shedding thing, we will bring it all back.

Yes, Pakistani mills are in safe Bangladesh. get rid of your terrorism, they will go back, at least partially.

No, no. It is not South India that will be submerged. It is their Bombay that will submerge long before BD south goes under. Bombay is built on marsh low land. I wonder how much GDP is produced in Bombay. Is it one-third of poor India's GDP that will go into Arabian Sea with the sinking of Bombay along with Asia's largest slum?
Some facts about Dharavi, Asia's largest slum. Its more than any major city of your country.

Dharavi also has a large number of thriving small-scale industries that produce embroidered garments, export quality leather goods, pottery and plastic.

Most of these products are made in tiny manufacturing units spread across the slum and are sold in domestic as well as international markets.
The annual turnover of business here is estimated to be more than $650m (£350m) a year.

The state government has plans to redevelop Dharavi and transform it into a modern township, complete with proper housing and shopping complexes, hospitals and schools.

It is estimated that the project will cost $2.1bn (£1.1bn).

Dharavi Slum

Articles from news agencies like the India Daily and the BBC quote the area’s GDP as being some Rs. 3000 crore ($670 million). With Dharavi’s population estimated at 700,000, the area’s per capita GDP would be about Rs. 43,000, which is 30% higher than the national average. Yet, while Dharavi contributes more in terms of GDP than many towns in India, there seems to be little to no understanding of the Dharavi economic model, especially to outsiders.

http://dharavi.wikispaces.com/ecointro

Next time, think before you bring Dharavi. :D

I dont see how...mumbai is 10-15 meters above sea-level. like i mentioned before most of bangladesh is less than 5 meters above sea level.

Please Elaborate on Highlighted Part . It Looks to a Mango Man ( aam aadmi) like me a Contradiction . Thanks in advance.

Let me answer this before Iajdani comes back to answer his. Many million years ago Australia and India (minus Bengal region) formed the same landmass. This land mass broke into two. Australia went south. India moved north and hit the main asian land mass that slowly created the Himalayas. Himalayas is still rising by a few cm every year.

Now, Earth is in hot cycle. During the last cold cycle about 10,000 years ago the mean sea level was low by about 200meter. Most of the sea water was accumulated in the two poles. Also, the snow carrying clouds were much lower than what it is today. This low cloud would stop at the south of Himalayas and precipitate heavy snowfall there.

So, naturally the rate/quantity of precipitation (rain + snow) was much higher during the cold cycle. This vast quantity of rain with many trillion tons of soils came down to today's BD that formed a huge land mass in the BoB.

Thing is this phenomenon has not totally stopped and the Govt of Maldives requested BD last year to sell/donate its soil so that the island country can raise its land elevation. The quantity of silt/soil available is more than 1 trillion cubic meter. Do your own math to find out if our coastal belt can theoretically be raised by 3 meters or not by our gift from the Himalayas.

So, Indians should not worry about our BD. Rather, they should concentrate on a possible submerging of Bomabay belt which was raised from sea-soaked marsh lands by land filling.

Although I dont want to discuss rising sea level here as because of some mighty country some small island countries are facing extinction. Still for Bangladesh

1. Bangladeshis highly vulnerable to the effects of sea-level rise—including increased salinity of ground and surface waters.
2. Local sea-level rise of as much as 1 inch (25 millimeters) per year has been recorded in parts of the delta.
3. By 2050, scientists estimate that sea-level rise in the delta could directly affect more than 3 million people.
4. Bangladesh could lose nearly one-quarter of the land area it had in 1989 by the end of this century, in a worst-case scenario

Rising sea levels would submerge third of Bangladesh

Sea-Level Rise in Ganges-Brahmaputra Delta, Bangladesh | Global Warming Effects

Energy problem,....

We ourselves have a huge energy problem. But, here the govt is not allowed to sit idle and give some excuses. A small country is better because the interest groups can reach the ministers' neck. In case of Pakistan the installed capacity is more than 22,000mW, while BD at present has 5,500mW.

But, somehow BD is managing with this small output by supplying to the industries in the daytime and then supplying to the towns by night. BD will certainly have an installed capacity of about 10,000 mW in the next four or five years if the present expansion policy is maintained even after the next election.

But, I wonder why power production in Pakistan is behind when the installed capacity is so large. Hope, war in the western front will abate and Pakistan will again progress. All our SAARC countries should develop fast in order to provide a descent living standard to our population.

However, Maldives may go down into the Indian Ocean by 2100 AD unless its land elevation is raised by filling with silt, sand and soil collected from BD river beds.

Bangladesh should conect any transfer of soil and sand to Maldives with some of the following conditions amongst others.

1. Improvement of the treatment of Bangladeshi workers.

2. Any engineering structures to have mention of the name "Bangladesh" in it e.g. as we have "China-Bangladesh friendship" bridges built by our allies the Chinese.

This is partly to create a more positive image of Bangladesh in the eyes of the apparently prejudiced and arrogant Maldivians.

We shouldn't be cheap and give it away for free as it wouldn't be appreciated.

We ourselves have a huge energy problem. But, here the govt is not allowed to sit idle and give some excuses. A small country is better because the interest groups can reach the ministers' neck. In case of Pakistan the installed capacity is more than 22,000mW, while BD at present has 5,500mW.

But, somehow BD is managing with this small output by supplying to the industries in the daytime and then supplying to the towns by night. BD will certainly have an installed capacity of about 10,000 mW in the next four or five years if the present expansion policy is maintained even after the next election.

But, I wonder why power production in Pakistan is behind when the installed capacity is so large. Hope, war in the western front will abate and Pakistan will again progress. All our SAARC countries should develop fast in order to provide a descent living standard to our population.

However, Maldives may go down into the Indian Ocean by 2100 AD unless its land elevation is raised by filling with silt, sand and soil collected from BD river beds.

Lack of Will power and high level of corruption.

Bangladesh should conect any transfer of soil and sand to Maldives with some of the following conditions amongst others.

1. Improvement of the treatment of Bangladeshi workers.

2. Any engineering structures to have mention of the name "Bangladesh" in it e.g. as we have "China-Bangladesh friendship" bridges built by our allies the Chinese.

This is partly to create a more positive image of Bangladesh in the eyes of the apparently prejudiced and arrogant Maldivians.

We shouldn't be cheap and give it away for free as it wouldn't be appreciated.

The hand of a wage receiver worker remains below that of an employer. So, he can be arrogant which is so common in the muslim countries including Arabs. The hands of a donator of life-saving materials always remain above that of a receiving country. No need of documentation and no need of getting money from maldives except that they pay the dredging and shipping costs.

However, you are right about non-appreciation. But, do we also appreciate the aid and help from the wealthy western countries and Japan who have been donating us for many decades till today? If no, then we should not also expect the Maldivians to be any different. Thing is, the aids we have received so far should be reciprocated as a free gift to a needy country, this is what the GoB is perhaps thinking.

Back
Top Bottom