What's new

Bangladesh Navy

I dunno India. But Turkey has to obey NSC's classifications. Both Turkey's and India's stealth corvettes have hangars, supply facilities and IAR capability. ;)

that's how we have to do;

2,000-3,000 tonnes Corvette

3,000-6,500 tonnes Frigate

6,500-10,000 tonnes Destroyer

10,000- and higher tonnes Cruiser :)

Neptune i will kill you, give us Milgem class corvette :angry: i can not wait to see it in BN fleet :cry:

I dunno India. But Turkey has to obey NSC's classifications. Both Turkey's and India's stealth corvettes have hangars, supply facilities and IAR capability. ;)

How many of each do you possess? :)

And our 056 will be having hangars too :D

I personally don't find stealth that much impressive. It may only help to get the first hit at best, then the stealth cover goes off. So length and weight does matter at a point. More the teeth, more the chances of winning. but then again, i am no expert :D

Having fusion of stealth stuffs is a plus.

I personally don't find stealth that much impressive. It may only help to get the first hit at best, then the stealth cover goes off. So length and weight does matter at a point. More the teeth, more the chances of winning. but then again, i am no expert :D

You may have your personal disliking for a technology like stealth. But, very special care is taken by the manufacturing countries to make the stealth technology a success, and this is certainly not without proper reasons. It is difficult for the enemy radars to pinpoint the exact location of a stealth plane or a ship. This causes delays in firing a missile.

The radar of a BVR capable plane cannot see an enemy stealth plane at a far distance. So, it cannot fire BVR missiles. Even a normal ship is difficult to fire at from a long distance enemy ship because it always moves. It is more true when it is a stealth. However, a stealth ship cannot be hided from enemy planes. But, very seldom planes are mobiized in the deep Seas.

I believe, stealth is a good technology. Since type 056 Corvettes is stealth, and BN will also build two of this type in the KSY, I very much hope KSY engineers will learn fast about the stealth technology. Although, generally speaking sharp edges are avoided in a stealth body, there are certainly many more things to learn about.

Corvette start around 850 ton (really FAC on steroids). The 2000-3000 ton bracket is more appropriatel considered 'light frigate' . Frigates have tended to be 3000-4500 but in recent years the upper bracket has shifted to about 6,500 ton.

Corvette start around 850 ton (really FAC on steroids). The 2000-3000 ton bracket is more appropriatel considered 'light frigate' . Frigates have tended to be 3000-4500 but in recent years the upper bracket has shifted to about 6,500 ton.

That's also true. Whose classification is that ? :)

I'd have to say, the Type 056 Corvette look very good.
8220581388_a057f0ff8e_z.jpg

IMO, one the best looking along with the RSS Formidable class of Singapore.

Details of the ship here:
Type 056 Jiangdao Class Corvette China Chinese Navy PLAN Guided Missile Light Frigate Bengbu CSSC China State Shipbuilding Corporation datasheet pictures photos video specifications

Well, that was pretty fail :lol:
Will the back of the corvette be used for Helicopter landing or for guns?

no idea why China is going for those though. It works for countries like us but India, Turkey and countries like that uses corvette weighing 3k+ tons.

Btw ours ones are having hangars too, so its gonna weigh more and be longer :yahoo:
How do you know their will be hangers? And if there should any hanger, BN should introduce more heicopters

1) Will the back of the corvette be used for Helicopter landing or for guns?

2)How do you know their will be hangers? And if there should any hanger, BN should introduce more heicopters

1) The back is specifcally for Heli landing.

2) This ship in the picture is 100m long. But, the ships BN has ordered will be 110m long. A hanger for another Heli will be located on the extra 10m length at the far end of the behind. So, our four Corvettes type 056 will accomodate two Helis each.

Tonnage/displacement is a 'proxy' measure, the real measure is the role and capabilities. As roles and capabilities are less discernible and easily morphable for most naval vessels, for the sake of 'neutrality' many less aware commentators use this proxy measure of tonnage/displacement, which has little to do with capability.

1) The back is specifcally for Heli landing.

2) This ship in the picture is 100m long. But, the ships BN has ordered will be 110m long. A hanger for another Heli will be located on the extra 10m length at the far end of the behind. So, our four Corvettes type 056 will accomodate two Helis each.

Absolutely brilliant modification. BD really knows how to squeeze as much as possible into a hundred million dollar ship.

I guess one of the helicopters will be for anti-submarine/ship warfare and the other could be used as search and rescue

Tonnage/displacement is a 'proxy' measure, the real measure is the role and capabilities. As roles and capabilities are less discernible and easily morphable for most naval vessels, for the sake of 'neutrality' many less aware commentators use this proxy measure of tonnage/displacement, which has little to do with capability.

Clearly, role and capability have always been decisive factors. Thus e.g. in WW2 you see frigates/DE's being developed as follow ons to corvettes, and these are about in the same rough displacement category, but fullfill different roles and bring different capabilities to the fleet. Incidentally, tonnage is used by e.g. Forecasting International and journals like Armada International. This is logical in the sense that greater capabilities and endurance tend to lead to bigger ships.

Also, don't forget politics: if your aim is to posture to external foes, a frigate may well be labelled a destroyer. However, when building new ships in austere times, a destroyer may well be labelled frigate.

That's also true. Whose classification is that ? :)

Armada International, iirc. There used to be something along these lines from Forcasting International as well.

Back
Top Bottom