What's new

Bangladesh introduces TV censorship

Why?

I thought Bangaldeshi detested SRK and his less clothed dancers and how it ruined the morals of innocent Bangladeshis! The thread was flooded with Bangladeshis including Al Z howling of the evil designs of India and now, you sing a different tune!

Funny!

Christ, what hypocrisy!

Why are you people so confused?

And why does Saleen complain about Bangaldesh being a confusion steeped in convenient religiosity and cultural duplicity?

SRK is a terrible dancer. People who attended said it was horrible :D I think Hritik Roshan would have been way better.

But it was sad to see that the BNP cursed the event just to score cheap political points. What can I say, cheap things suit cheap people. It is in the blood of Bangladeshi politicians.

Why?

I thought Bangaldeshi detested SRK and his less clothed dancers and how it ruined the morals of innocent Bangladeshis! The thread was flooded with Bangladeshis including Al Z howling of the evil designs of India and now, you sing a different tune!

Funny!

Christ, what hypocrisy!

Why are you people so confused?

And why does Saleen complain about Bangaldesh being a confusion steeped in convenient religiosity and cultural duplicity?

Weeklyblitz is pro israeli, anti jihadi media. This is not the full report, rather selective issues which satisfies political ideologies. And I actually agree and I am against censorship of all sorts of media bans as I don't think it is necessary and it is costly and a resemblance of insecurities of one's culture. And, remember this is an Indian backed govt we have right now which is more fascist than the BNP led govt. and how hypocritical of you that you mention me on law passed by your stooge. You are accusing me of something, you spend hours defending on the bangladesh forum. I have never detested SRKs performance, matter of fact if I remember correctly, I have supported SRK's performance and welcome any internationally known celeb to visit our small humble country and will continue to do so and there are many of us who do. You are as usual generalizing.
I do have a problem with one sided relationship. We have complete free trade with India, meaning India can sell its product and there are hardly any bans but on the other side after 40 years of independence India made a list of only 61 items we can export. I never wished a complete ban on Indian products but as a Bangladeshi I do feel India should be more generous in freeing trade. I do detest India's support to this corrupt regime.
As usual I expect you to avoid debates and go on to irrational arguments to defend the current regime, but I have addressed your very genuine concern, now I hope you can justify how your govt financially supports a regime which made a law against the such :
[3] National ideology or characters cannot be criticized,

[4] The father of the nation [Sheikh Mujibur Rahman] cannot be criticized in any of the programs [any of his mistakes during his governance cannot be anymore mentioned in any of the programs],

[5] No individual can be criticized in the programs [this has been initiated as a number of ministers in the ruling government became subject of harsh criticism following their severe failures],

SRK is a terrible dancer. People who attended said it was horrible :D I think Hritik Roshan would have been way better.

But it was sad to see that the BNP cursed the event just to score cheap political points. What can I say, cheap things suit cheap people. It is in the blood of Bangladeshi politicians.

I am not too aware if any of these film chaps can dance.

They are good at Army PT and maybe even better!

But my point is not that.

My point is simple.

1. You all criticised SRK and his bevy of Eurasian dancers for lowering the morals of pious Bangladeshis.

2. Now, your Govt is doing exactly what you want. Banning all 'evil' ( as per Islamic way of life) influences and you are crying FOUL and BLUE MURDER!!!

Have you no consistency?

What has Sami, Md Akram, Al Zakira and Saleen S 7 to say?

Now, it appears that Awami League which they hate (not Saleen though) are following their prescription, and yet not a peep in support for the AL living up to their dreams and aspiration in true Islamic code?!!!!!!!! :confused:

Does it not show that you (well most of you) are HYPOCRITES PAR EXCELLENCE?!

And your compatriots have the gall to moralise, hector and criticise others?

If govt is really interested then it should ban **** sties.

It's not difficult, just google **** site, make list and ban them.

But the problem is govt is not interested in good work.

Weeklyblitz is pro israeli, anti jihadi media. This is not the full report, rather selective issues which satisfies political ideologies. And I actually agree and I am against censorship of all sorts of media bans as I don't think it is necessary and it is costly and a resemblance of insecurities of one's culture. And, remember this is an Indian backed govt we have right now which is more fascist than the BNP led govt. and how hypocritical of you that you mention me on law passed by your stooge. You are accusing me of something, you spend hours defending on the bangladesh forum. I have never detested SRKs performance, matter of fact if I remember correctly, I have supported SRK's performance and welcome any internationally known celeb to visit our small humble country and will continue to do so and there are many of us who do. You are as usual generalizing.
I do have a problem with one sided relationship. We have complete free trade with India, meaning India can sell its product and there are hardly any bans but on the other side after 40 years of independence India made a list of only 61 items we can export. I never wished a complete ban on Indian products but as a Bangladeshi I do feel India should be more generous in freeing trade. I do detest India's support to this corrupt regime.
As usual I expect you to avoid debates and go on to irrational arguments to defend the current regime, but I have addressed your very genuine concern, now I hope you can justify how your govt financially supports a regime which made a law against the such :
[3] National ideology or characters cannot be criticized,

[4] The father of the nation [Sheikh Mujibur Rahman] cannot be criticized in any of the programs [any of his mistakes during his governance cannot be anymore mentioned in any of the programs],

[5] No individual can be criticized in the programs [this has been initiated as a number of ministers in the ruling government became subject of harsh criticism following their severe failures],

Please be fair to me.

I am no votary of your current regime.

Ask Zabanya who follows my posts.

I think you all are the best hypocrites of the world.

Your political parties are only interested in furthering the family interest and Bangladesh be damned!

India financially supports Awami League? Any proof beyond the cobweb of fertile imagination?

I am all for India showing greater magnanimity towards trade,

If we can do and do somersaults for other, then why the Dickens can we not do for Bangladesh.

Bangladesh is the least of India's problems and so what is the problem in helping Bangladesh?

When I was an instructor in an army school of instructions, nobody told me to mentor the Bangladeshi officers. I did it on my own at my own expense. Because they were foreigners I could vibe with and they required a home away from home! It again boils down to the commonality of culture and language!

My point is simple.

1. You all criticised SRK and his bevy of Eurasian dancers for lowering the morals of pious Bangladeshis.

2. Now, your Govt is doing exactly what you want. Banning all 'evil' ( as per Islamic way of life) influences and you are crying FOUL and BLUE MURDER!!!

Have you no consistency?

Now, it appears that Awami League which they hate (not Saleen though) are following their prescription, and yet not a peep in support for the AL living up to their dreams and aspiration in true Islamic code?!!!!!!!! :confused:

mmm...personally I am indifferent to that stuff. More into Hollywood and Marvel or comic book heroes :enjoy:

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

If govt is really interested then it should ban **** sties.

It's not difficult, just google **** site, make list and ban them.

But the problem is govt is not interested in good work.

I heard that they even show **** movies at cinema halls :rofl:

Man, what a country.

My point is simple.

Have you no consistency?

SIR, NO ONE IS HYPOCRITE. SHOW US WHERE WE CRITICIZED HASINA FOR BANNING KISSING SCENE?? WE CRITICIZED FOR RESTRICTION OF MEDIA. JUST SHOW US QUOTE WHERE WE CRITICIZED BAN ON SEXUAL SCENES?!

Kiss was not acceptable in India some years back.

Islam is very conservative.

Therefore, to expect Bangladesh to go gaga over a kiss maybe expecting a bit too much.

Again it is the question of culture, which Saleen feels is not material! If it were not so, then Bangladesh would allow total sex!

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

SIR, NO ONE IS HYPOCRITE. SHOW US WHERE WE CRITICIZED HASINA FOR BANNING KISSING SCENE?? WE CRITICIZED FOR RESTRICTION OF MEDIA. JUST SHOW US QUOTE WHERE WE CRITICIZED BAN ON SEXUAL SCENES?!

My good friend,

Typical of you to deflect and obfuscate.

We are talking about the BAN in its holity.

Comment on that and not go into a tizzy!

The Hypocrisy I talk about is the frenzied posts over SRK ruining the moral of Bangladeshis!

Seen that thread?

Please be fair to me.

I am no votary of your current regime.

Ask Zabanya who follows my posts.

I think you all are the best hypocrites of the world.

Your political parties are only interested in furthering the family interest and Bangladesh be damned!

India financially supports Awami League? Any proof beyond the cobweb of fertile imagination?

I am all for India showing greater magnanimity towards trade,

If we can do and do somersaults for other, then why the Dickens can we not do for Bangladesh.

Bangladesh is the least of India's problems and so what is the problem in helping Bangladesh?

When I was an instructor in an army school of instructions, nobody told me to mentor the Bangladeshi officers. I did it on my own at my own expense. Because they were foreigners I could vibe with and they required a home away from home! It again boils down to the commonality of culture and language!

To quote the Economist" Ever since 2008, when the Awami League, helped by bags of Indian cash and advice, triumphed in general elections in Bangladesh, relations with India have blossomed."
India and Bangladesh: Embraceable you | The Economist
I am sorry my source is not as credible as times of India or the hindu.
When I was an instructor in an army school of instructions, nobody told me to mentor the Bangladeshi officers. I did it on my own at my own expense. Because they were foreigners I could vibe with and they required a home away from home! It again boils down to the commonality of culture and language

How very humble of you to say such irrelevant nonsense.

Kiss was not acceptable in India some years back.

Islam is very conservative.

Therefore, to expect Bangladesh to go gaga over a kiss maybe expecting a bit too much.

Again it is the question of culture, which Saleen feels is not material! If it were not so, then Bangladesh would allow total sex!

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

My good friend,

Typical of you to deflect and obfuscate.

We are talking about the BAN in its holity.

Comment on that and not go into a tizzy!

The Hypocrisy I talk about is the frenzied posts over SRK ruining the moral of Bangladeshis!

Seen that thread?

Islam is conservative but similar assertions can be made about hinduism, if not more. Matter of fact, Bangladeshi conservative culture has deeply been influenced by the Indian culture.

To quote the Economist" Ever since 2008, when the Awami League, helped by bags of Indian cash and advice, triumphed in general elections in Bangladesh, relations with India have blossomed."
India and Bangladesh: Embraceable you | The Economist
I am sorry my source is not as credible as times of India or the hindu.

How very humble of you to say such irrelevant nonsense.

I have already indicated in an earlier post about the Economist with links.

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Islam is conservative but similar assertions can be made about hinduism, if not more. Matter of fact, Bangladeshi conservative culture has deeply been influenced by the Indian culture.

Please do.

Enlighten us!

We have kept pace with the times.

Has Islam?

There lies the nub!

I have already indicated in an earlier post about the Economist with links.

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Please do.

Enlighten us!

We have kept pace with the times.

Has Islam?

There lies the nub!

You have referenced the Economist yet you ask for evidence from me? How delusional are you?

and

Islam is an element of Bangladesh and according to your Indian economist Amarta Sen, India is still lagging behind Bangladesh a few things including education and to quote if I may
He said that Bangladesh was way ahead of India, particularly in girl's education. He pointed out that the number of girls going to school in Bangladesh was larger than the number of boys.

Pointing out that Bangladesh outscored India on all human development indicators, other than per capita income, Dr. Sen said one of the probable reasons was “the activism of liberated Bangladeshi women.”

I bet you personally know more than this nobel laureate economist but I am assuming more people take him seriously than you.

You have referenced the Economist yet you ask for evidence from me? How delusional are you?

and

Islam is an element of Bangladesh and according to your Indian economist Amarta Sen, India is still lagging behind Bangladesh a few things including education and to quote if I may

I bet you personally know more than this nobel laureate economist but I am assuming more people take him seriously than you.

Being a Nobel Laureate does not make him some God.

Unlike you all you are prone to consider Nobel Laureates as God, we don't. We respect them for what they have done, but that is about all!

Education impartation is directly related to the funds available to the population to be educated.

Am I to understand that Bangladesh has a larger population than India?

I don't go gaga over the western media or any media for that matter. They all have their agendas and they are also nudged by their govts. I would like to get it from many sources and then come to a conclusion.

Are you aware why intelligence is poor in a country? Because the information given if from the same source and no intelligence agency divulges its source to its sister agency and so the same man who brings the info fools all and makes a killing. Same goes with the media. They huddle at the watering hole every evening and work out their news. That is why you will find similar news in every paper and not something different.

Have you heard of 'paid news'? Check that out!

Saw how Saddam was demonised by the international media before Bush launched his infamous Freedom and Democracy war to get rid of him? Orchestration at its best!

Readers Digest (as respected as your Economist) was full of stories from behind the Bamboo Curtain (China) and its atrocities and how the people were resisting it so bravely and all that. Now that China is a trading partner of the US, do you find those stories?

You find stories about Yemen, Syria and so on.

Learn to be discerning and not swallow everything hook. line and sinker!

Not a jack of all trades, but Disinformation is a favourite subject for study for me!

BTW, you have failed to answer if Islam has kept to the contemporary times and have taken in the changes of circumstances from the Medieval times when the scriptures were written!

I can say Christianity has and it is also debated and things that are not current are not followed.

Back
Top Bottom