What's new

BANGLADESH AIR FORCE'S F-7:POOR MAN'S F-16

Ok i agree the blue colour themes looks more cool then any other, also the jet seems a bit leaner then the F-7s we have(though it could be my imagination). However what BVR platform does it use? Also is 30km range enough for a BVR or does it even fall into that category. Pakistani F-7s has more range thanks to the grifo radars, but then again we never inducted it into the BVR category, 30 km is hardly the range for an effective BVR engagement.

I have read in more than one places that, Bangladesh Air Force has Vympel R-27/AA-10 Alamo medium range air to air missile. The range of this missile surely falls in BVR. Not sure if BAF has R-73 Archer or R-33 Amos:P But if it possesses Alamo then it might also have Archer in its arsenal(my assumption). Alamo has bigger range than Archer. Archer has a range like 30 km.

But I really wish BAF acquires some Su-27 or...., along with few hundreds R-77 Adder. That would be great for the Air Force! Su-27 and Mig-29 will work as multirole air superiority fighter while J-7BG will be the interceptor.

Last edited:
Btw wat is da diff betwn a su30 and a su27.....i heard da airframe was da same.......thnx

I have read in more than one places that, Bangladesh Air Force has Vympel R-27/AA-10 Alamo medium range air to air missile. The range of this missile surely falls in BVR. Not sure if BAF has R-73 Archer or R-33 Amos:P But if it possesses Alamo then it might also have Archer in its arsenal(my assumption). Alamo has bigger range than Archer. Archer has a range like 30 km.

But I really wish BAF acquires some Su-27 or...., along with few hundreds R-77 Adder. That would be great for the Air Force! Su-27 and Mig-29 will work as multirole air superiority fighter while J-7BG will be the interceptor.

BAF MiG-29s are equipped with R-27s, R-73s and R-77s.

What’s point of buying sophisticated aircrafts? With whom they are going to fight. India?
Spend that money where it is more needed.

What’s point of buying sophisticated aircrafts? With whom they are going to fight. India?
Spend that money where it is more needed.

Whats the point developing Pakistan's military?? with whom they're gonna fight? the US? Spend that money where it is more needed..

Dude, be realistic.. we also face threat from our neighbors more than you do from any one else..

We may have to fight India not the US therefore we have to develop minimum deterance.IMO Bangladesh has chance to be a modern nation with small military but it should invest more money in civillian infrastructure.Your relations are good with other countries except Mynamar which i think can be taken care of easily by BD Army, Air Force and Navy in current state.

We may have to fight India not the US therefore we have to develop minimum deterance.IMO Bangladesh has chance to be a modern nation with small military but it should invest more money in civillian infrastructure.Your relations are good with other countries except Mynamar which i think can be taken care of easily by BD Army, Air Force and Navy in current state.

US has threatened an invasion against Pakistan if you fail to wipe out the Talibans and Al-Qaeda bases of Pakistan.. so you at this time, the US undoubtedly no longer remains your ally.. lets see how the PA is handling the situation.

Well, our real enemy remains to be India and even if we become enemy of USA there is nothing we can do.Ideally, i would also prefer Pakistan to spend less money on defence but Indian's super power dreams require minimum deterance level.USA will never invade Pakistan..Trust me they have a very strong lobby here and they don't need to invade Pakistan to do something.

Whats the point developing Pakistan's military?? with whom they're gonna fight? the US? Spend that money where it is more needed..

Dude, be realistic.. we also face threat from our neighbors more than you do from any one else..

Dear I did not mean to up set you. What kind of threat you have from neighbors. From India forget it you guys have some what emotional relationship with that country. Please don’t mind but this relation is more likely acted as a midwife for birth of a Bangladesh.

Dear I did not mean to up set you. What kind of threat you have from neighbors. From India forget it you guys have some what emotional relationship with that country. Please don’t mind but this relation is more likely acted as a midwife for birth of a Bangladesh.

Tell you the truth, Bangladesh does not build its military with a threat perception. We need a bigger military than what we have right now as our economy and population are getting bigger. Defence can not be ignored and left unattended when other sectors are going forward for the statbility of the country and the region.

Also in its worst case scenario if it has to face off the neighbour, it should have that capability.

I think it was in 1998..I have heard that after that incident BAF Air Chief was forced to leave his post...is that true?

In the cyclone of 29 Apr 1991 BAF lost a number of operational aircrafts including Mig-21s, which were stationed at BAF Base Zahurul Haq (Chittagong). The then COAS AVM Momtaz Uddin Ahmed was held responsible for not shifting those aircrafts to Dhaka in time and was discharged subsequently. Records are there that on 03 May 1991 AVM Mumtaz Uddin Ahmed relieved an exhausted crew and piloted one of the flights himself carrying relief goods.

The air chief miserably failed to take notice of the upcoming cyclone danger. He should have moved the planes to a safer Dhaka. He was sacked for good reasons.

In the cyclone of 29 Apr 1991 BAF lost a number of operational aircrafts including Mig-21s, which were stationed at BAF Base Zahurul Haq (Chittagong). The then COAS AVM Momtaz Uddin Ahmed was held responsible for not shifting those aircrafts to Dhaka in time and was discharged subsequently. Records are there that on 03 May 1991 AVM Mumtaz Uddin Ahmed relieved an exhausted crew and piloted one of the flights himself carrying relief goods.

Do you know the exact number of aircrafts we lost then, wikipedia says it's 80...simply unbelievable?

What will fighter jets do for Bangladesh? Help them rescue people in an event of cyclones? Bangladesh has absolutely no need for fighter jets.
What threat does it face anyway?

Back
Top Bottom