What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

May be not more than $7 Million.

that's the price in 2005, i know it exactly because Indonesia Army buy them at those price of range. In 2014 with upgrading in avionic systems and safety systems, the price is up to 14 to 18 million US dollar regarding from the specification you want

Does anyone have any idea of the type of Jet trainer BAF is getting from China?? I know they are getting 9 Jet trainers from china.

Nice, I didn't know that I thought only russian YAK-130/133 are ordered.

No offense to what BDForever stated however I think it logically could be something other than K-8s because the Yak-130 already bought handily beats the K-8 at its role. The Yak-130/133s are subsonic trainer replacements for L-39ZOs (Czech) in use at this time. The BAF needs advanced supersonic trainers.

The new supersonic trainers will replace the F-7 advanced two-seat supersonic trainers in use now. For this supersonic trainer duty there are two Chinese contenders - Hongdu L-15 (Copy of Yak-130/Aermacchi M-346) and Guizhou JL-9 (or L-9, formerly known as FTC-2000). My best hunch is that its going to be the latter (JL-9) since the L-15 is too new right now. Although press reports do say that 12 of the L-15s have been sold right off the new production line to an undisclosed export buyer. The PLAAF has only bought four trial L-15s so far as well. But the JL-9 has been in use longer.

Here are pics of JL-9 and L-15s (three of each respectively).

No offense to what BDForever stated however I think it logically could be something other than K-8s because the Yak-130 already bought handily beats the K-8 at its role. The Yak-130/133s are subsonic trainer replacements for L-39ZOs (Czech) in use at this time. The BAF needs advanced supersonic trainers.

The new supersonic trainers will replace the F-7 advanced two-seat supersonic trainers in use now. For this supersonic trainer duty there are two Chinese contenders - Hongdu L-15 (Copy of Yak-130/Aermacchi M-346) and Guizhou JL-9 (or L-9, formerly known as FTC-2000). My best hunch is that its going to be the latter (JL-9) since the L-15 is too new right now. Although press reports do say that 12 of the L-15s have been sold right off the new production line to an undisclosed export buyer. The PLAAF has only bought four trial L-15s so far as well. But the JL-9 has been in use longer.

Hongdu JL-8 sounds more suitable for the role the training jets are meant for. PM mentioned that, 9 units will be procured. I am guessing here that they will be bought to replace the 9 FT-6 in BAF inventory as the A-5C and FT-6 are scheduled to be retired before 2018.

Guys: for your better knowledge I am posting the section bellow:

PM said, her government has undertaken effective plans to build the air force capable of facing challenges of the 21st century.

"We have already taken massive programmes for modernization as well as physical infrastructure development and implementation of welfare-oriented activities of the air force," she said.

Sheikh Hasina said 16 fighter planes from China and three Mi- 171 helicopters were inducted in the air force in 2010-11 fiscal year.

She said one surface to air missile system, the first of its kind, was added to the air force in 2011.

The Prime Minister said the government has inked a deal with China to purchase nine jet trainer aircraft. "The signing of agreement with Russia for buying 24 advanced jet trainer aircraft and five Mi- 171 helicopters under the state credit is under process," she said.

Sheikh Hasina said a process for procuring two maritime search and rescue helicopters and basic transport trainer aircraft is underway.

The Prime Minister said the government in 2010-11 and 2011- 12 fiscal years signed deals to buy four air defence radars for the air bases Paharkanchanpur, Beershreshtha Motiur Rahman and Moulvibazar as well as southeastern region and the special economic zones in the Bay of Bengal.

She said the construction work of Bangabandhu Aeronautical Centre at BAF Base Bangabandhu is at the final stage. Besides, she said, proposals for establishing a number of new units for the air force is under process.

Sheikh Hasina said the work setting up a overhauling plant for F-7 fighter planes is underway, while a tender for establishing a overhauling plant for Mi series helicopters has been floated in the light of the Forces Goal-2030.

Source: Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha (BSS)

Here are pics of JL-9 and L-15s (three of each respectively).

Then wait for the JF-17 Dual seat.

But K-8 and Super Mushak should be bought.

Then wait for the JF-17 Dual seat.

But K-8 and Super Mushak should be bought.

Bangladesh already bought Yak-130 which bests the K-8 for subsonic Jet-trainer role.

There is no Super Mushhak-equivalent prop-trainer (basic trainer) standardized at BAF, other than the radial engined CJ-6. However old A-37/T-37 tweets and various other types of jet trainers are still soldiering on - taking up some of the slack.

Last edited:
Bangladesh already bought Yak-130 which bests the K-8 for subsonic Jet-trainer role.

There is no Super Mushhak-equivalent prop-trainer (basic trainer) standardized at BAF, other than the radial engined CJ-6. However old A-37/T-37 tweets and various other types of jet trainers are still soldiering on - taking up some of the slack.
I think Yak-130 has another role to play in BAF......
and thats not ground attack..... a subsonic aircraft like that will get withered by AA guns over ground......
its maritime strike..... I think at least some of the 24 Yak-130s would be armed with anti-ship missiles..... I don't think we require 24 advanced jet trainers....
the Bay of Bengal is the biggest priority right now....

I think Yak-130 has another role to play in BAF......
and thats not ground attack..... a subsonic aircraft like that will get withered by AA guns over ground......
its maritime strike..... I think at least some of the 24 Yak-130s would be armed with anti-ship missiles..... I don't think we require 24 advanced jet trainers....
the Bay of Bengal is the biggest priority right now....

The JF-17 can carry two C-802 maritime strike missiles a-la Exocet (I'm sure everyone remembers the role of the Exocet launched from a Super Etendard back in the Falklands conflict). Shades of another era -yet with striking similarities, i.e. belligerent junta govts. and refurbished military hardware...The C-802 is an exocet copy. The C-803 is a much improved variant of the Exocet and sort of an ugly cousin compared to the well-specified BrahMos.

I'm not fully convinced if the Yak 130 can carry even one C-802.

The JF-17 can carry two C-802 maritime strike missiles a-la Exocet (I'm sure everyone remembers the role of the Exocet launched from a Super Etendard back in the Falklands conflict). Shades of another era -yet with striking similarities, i.e. belligerent junta govts. and refurbished military hardware...The C-802 is an exocet copy. The C-803 is a much improved variant of the Exocet and a ugly cousin compared to the well-specified BrahMos.

i think you have mistaken, C802 missile have been improved over the period.

The JF-17 can carry two C-802 maritime strike missiles a-la Exocet (I'm sure everyone remembers the role of the Exocet launched from a Super Etendard back in the Falklands conflict). Shades of another era -yet with striking similarities, i.e. belligerent junta govts. and refurbished military hardware...The C-802 is an exocet copy. The C-803 is a much improved variant of the Exocet and sort of an ugly cousin compared to the well-specified BrahMos.

well, C-802 is a Chinese anti-ship missile..... Yak-130 is a Russian aircraft.... so, Yaks carrying Chinese weapons..... naah....
quite obviously the Yaks would carry Russian missiles.... it now needs to be seen what other stuff are shipped with the Yaks....
24 advanced trainers are too much to replace 9 L-39s......

well, C-802 is a Chinese anti-ship missile..... Yak-130 is a Russian aircraft.... so, Yaks carrying Chinese weapons..... naah....
quite obviously the Yaks would carry Russian missiles.... it now needs to be seen what other stuff are shipped with the Yaks....
24 advanced trainers are too much to replace 9 L-39s......
Yak to replace A-5 and L-39 and K-8 for J-6

Back
Top Bottom