What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Anyone remembers 6 day war in 1973 between arab and israel. arab lost it. why, well allah's wish, because of superior weapon. arabs were flying mig and israel was flyiing mirage i think and guess who won, Israel. So why not buy Rafael or Eurofighter or F-18 in small numbers like minimum 10? What do u say?

Arab lost 6 day war of 1967. It was mainly due to surprise attack in all front and the war did not prolong due to discord among arab countries.
In 1973 Egypt gone alone without taking anybody with them even they kicked Russian consultant out of the country before attacking Israel. Egypt won the game including all the lost territory of 1967.

:cry:

If the report holds true, we will get 16 yaks instead of 10 as previously reported. This means bangladesh has increased its confidence of russian jets, esp yak 130:tup:
Yes it makes sense because in BAF 1 squadron consists of 16 aircrafts.

Yak 130 is a trainer aircraft not a fighter and we trainers to train our boys to fly. Anyway why do you want to match up to the IAF rafale?? Our defence is not india(neither is burma) centered, if it is we will be digging our own graves. Bangladesh will buy the type of aircrafts according to its needs and doctorine, not engage in an arms race.

The purchase of long range SAM is very important for our military and our security. However we must learn how to crawl before we walk.

Bangladesh is building up its air defence network first. Then i think we will establish short range air defence system then move on to intermediate range before finally long range system.

Our defence is not india(neither is burma) centered, if it is we will be digging our own graves. Bangladesh will buy the type of aircrafts according to its needs and doctorine, not engage in an arms race..
External threat assessment of BD through any honest measure would indicate that IND is its biggest adversary and perhaps Burma is the next. So, BA's arm purchase without taking Indian, Burmese motives into equation is completely flawed. Infect I see a very dangerous game is offing in the region for Indian's poking/brokering for Malaysian, Vietnamese and BDeshies to buy Ruskie's strategic weapons. By purchasing SU-30MKM, Malaysian had indirectly help for Indian expansionism and Viet and Bdeshis would further enhance it. So, except small weapons, Ruskie's hardware is No, No; a big no, indeed.
And from tactical and maintenance stand point of views; SU-30, MIGs are nightmarish, extremely costly and 'Bharati aid' centric. Furthermore, it defeats the main purpose of neutralizing adversary but brings PAK into striking-equation due to SU-30, Mig-29’s ranges, which would warrant PAK's Nuke capable missiles to line up toward BD. So, RAWamy Mo-Fos aren't looking at BD's defence while purchasing Ruskie hardware but putting BD's inhabitants at grave risk by joining Indian camp against Pakistanis, IMHO.

External threat assessment of BD through any honest measure would indicate that IND is its biggest adversary and perhaps Burma is the next. So, BA's arm purchase without taking Indian, Burmese motives into equation is completely flawed. Infect I see a very dangerous game is offing in the region for Indian's poking/brokering for Malaysian, Vietnamese and BDeshies to buy Ruskie's strategic weapons. By purchasing SU-30MKM, Malaysian had indirectly help for Indian expansionism and Viet and Bdeshis would further enhance it. So, except small weapons, Ruskie's hardware is No, No; a big no, indeed.
And from tactical and maintenance stand point of views; SU-30, MIGs are nightmarish, extremely costly and 'Bharati aid' centric. Furthermore, it defeats the main purpose of neutralizing adversary but brings PAK into striking-equation due to SU-30, Mig-29’s ranges, which would warrant PAK's Nuke capable missiles to line up toward BD. So, RAWamy Mo-Fos aren't looking at BD's defence while purchasing Ruskie hardware but putting BD's inhabitants at grave risk by joining Indian camp against Pakistanis, IMHO.

With all due respect to you, you cant match neither India nor Burmese without Ruskies weaponry unless you can afford highly expensive western suppliers. We are getting whatever we can from China but China does not have the capacity at least not before 2020 with the similar capable hardware.

You are too naive or brain fart when you bring Pak in the BD's SU-30 range.

Since when did Burma become Bangladesh's enemy? The refugee issue was not too severe, nor that the sea boundary dispute. I've met many Burmese back in college. They hated their military regime (although things are changing for the better), they hated India, and they absolutely hated China. Thoroughly :lol:

What does the export of Russian SU-30s got to do with India? The SU-30s to Malaysia and Vietnam are sourced from Russia. And do not benefit India much. The Indians cannot simply export their production MKI model as of now. It is true that the Malays were impressed with the MKI when some of their officers visited India. And they chose it over the F-18 Super Hornet for technical reasons (the US is still not offering them the AMRAAM on their current fleet of F-18 Hornets).

The Vietnamese Su-30s are more in line with the Su-30MKK (PLA variant). Does that mean that the Chinese are licking Indian boots by operating Su-30s? Do not be surprised if you get a harsh response from the Chinese posters here.

And from tactical and maintenance stand point of views; SU-30, MIGs are nightmarish, extremely costly and 'Bharati aid' centric.

Depends. Cost of maintenance of any particular aircraft is unique to each and every country user. But yes, Russian engines are a bit more problematic, compared to Western ones. Parts delivery from the Russians on a timely basis is also an issue.

India supplies MiG-29 and Su-30 parts to all operators? Are you insane?

Furthermore, it defeats the main purpose of neutralizing adversary but brings PAK into striking-equation due to SU-30, Mig-29’s ranges, which would warrant PAK's Nuke capable missiles to line up toward BD.

MiG-29 and any Flanker variant have very different roles. Why would Pakistan want to strike us?

So, RAWamy Mo-Fos aren't looking at BD's defence while purchasing Ruskie hardware but putting BD's inhabitants at grave risk by joining Indian camp against Pakistanis, IMHO.

IMHO to you.

Try to research things through a bit more which you clearly have no idea about.

Arab lost 6 day war of 1967. It was mainly due to surprise attack in all front and the war did not prolong due to discord among arab countries.
In 1973 Egypt gone alone without taking anybody with them even they kicked Russian consultant out of the country before attacking Israel. Egypt won the game including all the lost territory of 1967.

1. Hope Mods will not mind a little digression. Our Saiful Azama had shot down 6 Israeli fighters in the '67 War - an achievement never equaled before or since. Grateful Jordan and Iraq had bestowed their highest honors on him. Arab mothers of the time were in competition to name their sons Saif. The remnant of an Israeli aircraft he had shot down is still displayed in Baghdad. Earlier he had shot down one of the Keeler brothers of Indian AF, considered aces in that country. Pakistan decorated Azam with SJ.

2. In the 22 Aces of the World, Saiful Azam is the only Asian and is invited regularly at gatherings of the Aces in USA.

3. Till that point in time the Arabs were unhappy with Pakistan because of Baghdad Pact/CENTO and her alliances with Iran and Turkey. After Azam's feat, the Arabs opened their doors wide for Pakistan. FM Ayub had commented, "What Flt Lieut Azam has achieved singly, our Foreign Office failed to in all these years."

526785_350016098392797_100001532309075_959993_478790450_n.jpg

Saw this photo on facebook. Very touching:cheers:

May Allah bless the gentleman!

With all due respect to you, you cant match neither India nor Burmese without Ruskies weaponry unless you can afford highly expensive western suppliers. We are getting whatever we can from China but China does not have the capacity at least not before 2020 with the similar capable hardware.

You are too naive or brain fart when you bring Pak in the BD's SU-30 range.
With all due respect, I haven't seen anyone being so devoid of reality like you while making comments in PDF. So, please have your head exam by ASAP! And do you have any idea about the concept of product's life cycle's cost? Ruskie's fighters sometimes overrun Westerner's one by it. Just compare Grippen C with SU-30s to find it out. BTW, SU-30 or MIG-35 isn’t that cheap compare to Grippen or F-Solas either. So, learn the fact before stroking on keyboard, understand?

Now, it's big news for me that SINOS don't have the capacity at least before 2020. Dude, have U heard J-10 beating SU families 10 out of 10 times in mock WVR's combat? And that was the early J-10's story, which evolved to J-10B lately. Here is Ruskie's admission about J-10's superiority (Russian aviation journalist says J-10 better than both Mig-29 and Flanker. - Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums), so get enlightened. Then there is JF-17, which has been constantly thundering to become more potent. Just visit J-17 thread of PDF before making a fool out of yourself again. Also J-20's prototype has been flown. Compare to all, what new fighter has RUSKIE come up with in last 15 yrs? Even their PAK-FA concept has evolved from early legacy-SUs. So, what are you smoking?

Finally, it's wasting time to response to your comment about me being naive as the profundity of your strategic-thinking is next to zero, IMO. Just ask Kalu Bhai about shaitan Hindutavya-wala's domineering plan to link it with shoving SUs through our throat.

With all due respect, I haven't seen anyone being so devoid of reality like you while making comments in PDF. So, please have your head exam by ASAP! And do you have any idea about the concept of product's life cycle's cost? Ruskie's fighters sometimes overrun Westerner's one by it. Just compare Grippen C with SU-30s to find it out. BTW, SU-30 or MIG-35 isn’t that cheap compare to Grippen or F-Solas either. So, learn the fact before stroking on keyboard, understand?

The Su-30 is more comparable to the F-15. MiG-35 to the F-18 Super Hornet.

Now, it's big news for me that SINOS don't have the capacity at least before 2020. Dude, have U heard J-10 beating SU families 10 out of 10 times in mock WVR's combat? And that was the early J-10's story, which evolved to J-10B lately. Here is Ruskie's admission about J-10's superiority (Russian aviation journalist says J-10 better than both Mig-29 and Flanker. - Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums), so get enlightened.

Where does it say that J-10 is superior to the Su-30? Again, they are completely different class of fighters.

The J-10B is a nice plane to be honest. An absolute thorough dog-fighter. But I doubt if Bangladesh would be getting access to it for quite some time. And once again, they'd be powered by Russian engines.

Then there is JF-17, which has been constantly thundering to become more potent. Just visit J-17 thread of PDF before making a fool out of yourself again. Also J-20's prototype has been flown. Compare to all, what new fighter has RUSKIE come up with in last 15 yrs? Even their PAK-FA concept has evolved from early legacy-SUs. So, what are you smoking?

Did you know that Myanmar is also a candidate customer for the FC-1? :D

Yes, the PAK-FA does have resemblance to the Flankers. But so does the F-22 to the F-15. Does that mean the Americans are behind in terms of technology compared to the Chinese?

Finally, it's wasting time to response to your comment about me being naive as the profundity of your strategic-thinking is next to zero, IMO. Just ask Kalu Bhai about shaitan Hindutavya-wala's domineering plan to link it with shoving SUs through our throat.

You still didn't answer my question. How does the sale of Russian-made Su-30s benefit India?

Perhaps it is you need a head exam? Or maybe you've been living abroad for too long? I can see this trend of pseudo-Islamists living abroad making such type of comments.

It is understandable that there is some sort of foreign conspiracy going on in Bangladesh. But then, it is the Bangladeshis (Awami League and their lackies) who are working with those foreigners to best safeguard their individual interests, and not for the nation.

And frankly, neither did the previously ruling BNP/Jamaat admin made any serious attempts at addressing the issue of national security.

Notice those Indians "looking for jobs" in Bangladesh came in like droves even during the BNP/Jamaat admin? It wasn't always about jobs :no:

You don't need expensive, high-end military gear to contain that.

There are reasons why Jamaat never made any significant difference in the political landscape of Bangladesh, apart from their individual interests of-course.

The people with the power put their individual interests before that of national.

And frankly, no one cares what India thinks. It is the people in power in Bangladesh who won't or can't take care of the country's national security interests.

I saw one MiG flying past me yesterday during twilight. And at low level. The sight was amazing :D

By the way, I live close to the airport.

I saw one MiG flying past me yesterday during twilight. And at low level. The sight was amazing :D

By the way, I love close to the airport.

love or live? :p:

By the way, I love close to the airport.

I also live close to the airport... :tup:

As many analyst said at the moment we do not have time to be airborne let alone face enemy aircraft. Before thinking about buying aircraft we have to create that time and space needed so our aircraft can be airborne. And to do that we badly need BM 9K58 Smerch 300mm Multiple Launch Rocket System. Russian credit line could be best used if this systems are in the list.

Smerch 9K58 Multiple Launch Rocket System, Russia - YouTube

Another platform we badly need is MI-28NE helicopters from Russia. This will give us night time, special ops, capabiity against mechanized enemy move and many more options.

Mi-28N Part-1 - YouTube

As many analyst said at the moment we do not have time to be airborne let alone face enemy aircraft. Before thinking about buying aircraft we have to create that time and space needed so our aircraft can be airborne. And to do that we badly need BM 9K58 Smerch 300mm Multiple Launch Rocket System. Russian credit line could be best used if this systems are in the list.

Smerch 9K58 Multiple Launch Rocket System, Russia - YouTube

Another platform we badly need is MI-28NE helicopters from Russia. This will give us night time, special ops, capabiity against mechanized enemy move and many more options.

Mi-28N Part-1 - YouTube

Thanks for the informative post. I have opened another new thread called 'Military to Buy 3 Korean Frigates and 8 Russian Mig-29SMT Fulcrums.' The news article says about the purchase of 8 units of Russian Mig-SMTs. The $850 million will certainly buy many more weapons that may include those you have suggested. Let us wait and see what other weapons GoB decides to buy from Russia.

Back
Top Bottom