What's new

Bangladesh Air Force sends pilots for training on F-18 Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Do you have F-18 phobia or something? :what: You know, the MiG-29 is superior in some aspects.

he Got BD members phobia... leave him alone. 6 months later he will be back with another post

" no link yet "

:lol:

Question: Do you have F-18 phobia or something? :what: You know, the MiG-29 is superior in some aspects.

I am just following forum rules and asking for links/sources for claims made here.

I have mentioned it earlier buy as many as F-18's you want just give the source/links for your claims.

You know, the MiG-29 is superior in some aspects.

:offtopic:

With IAF upgrading its MiG-29's to SMT standards no doubt in mind.
he Got BD members phobia... leave him alone. 6 months later he will be back with another post

" no link yet "

In that case why don't you just provide me a link and shut me off forever?

GB

I am just following forum rules and asking for links/sources for claims made here.

I have mentioned it earlier buy as many as F-18's you want just give the source/links for your claims.

:offtopic:

With IAF upgrading its MiG-29's to SMT standards no doubt in mind.

In that case why don't you just provide me a link and shut me off forever?

GB

128836930373052693.jpg

Nobody here claimed that Bangladesh is procuring F-18s.

128836930373052693.jpg

Nobody here claimed that Bangladesh is procuring F-18s.

People do have claimed training which is yet to be confirmed.

You yourself said US has left 1 F-18 which you are yet to confirm with sources/links.

You are telling me is like 8 year old ohh go and ask him or her.

GB

People do have claimed training which is yet to be confirmed.

You yourself said US has left 1 F-18 which you are yet to confirm with sources/links.

You are telling me is like 8 year old ohh go and ask him or her.

GB

You go for training if you are going to buy them.

And since you don't "give a damn" about Bangladesh procuring F-18s, YOU wouldn't be having this long and uselss conversation in the first place. But what you do "give a damn" about is whether or not your country's MiGs or any bird for that matter match up to it. And frankly, I was surprised that you failed to realize that I was referring my country's MiGs.

Insecurity and inferiority complex at its best. Well, it is nothing new here.

You guys buying f18 wow really good birds any news on how many

And since you don't "give a damn" about Bangladesh procuring F-18s, YOU wouldn't be having this long and uselss conversation in the first place. But what you do "give a damn" about is whether or not your country's MiGs or any bird for that matter match up to it. And frankly, I was surprised that you failed to realize that I was referring my country's MiGs.

I am asking for links/sources as per the forum rules which no one has given me including you. You couldn't even provide me a link/source for your own claim of US leaving behind and gifting F-18.

Insecurity and inferiority complex at its best. Well, it is nothing new here.

Precisely work with you guys who come up with such fake news and posts to show everyone how mighty and important Bangladesh is.

I am saying this again. Just give Link/Sources and shut me up forever.

GB

I am asking for links/sources as per the forum rules which no one has given me including you. You couldn't even provide me a link/source for your own claim of US leaving behind and gifting F-18.

Dear, I was not the one who claimed BAF is sending pilots for training. In fact it wasn't a Bangladeshi who opened the thread in the first place.

Regarding the F-18 as a gift, let's ignore that since it doesn't count either way.

Now, let's see about the feasibility of the US actually willing to provide birds to Bangladesh.

First of all, the US refused the sale of F-16s to Bangladesh.
http://www.f-16.net/news_article188.html

This matter was discussed in this very forum:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/113695-u-s-refused-sell-f-16s-bangladesh.html

Why? Well, usually the dealings with Bangladesh isn't always transparent. US Law is very strict about the matter. And if any US officials are caught engaging with corruption in another county, he/she can get into big trouble with US Law.

Another factor is that Bangladesh does not face any external military threat.

Also, the current relationship between the current Bangladeshi government and the US isn't very good at the moment. Mostly over the Muhammad Yunus drama.
Yunus case can hurt ties: Blake | Bangladesh | bdnews24.com

So let alone the US willing to provide birds through the current government.

Now, the question is: Does the US have interests in Bangladesh? Yes. They are mostly based around the 3 Ds.
1. Democracy.
2. Development.
3. Denial to terrorism.
At The Diplomatic Correspondents Association of Bangladesh (June 9, 2011) | Embassy of the United States Dhaka, Bangladesh

Another important interest the US holds in Bangladesh is climate change. Sadly and strangely, this important matter is falling on deaf ears in Bangladesh.

Does expensive fighters play any part in those interests? No. In fact, the US even expressed concern over Bangladesh's purchase of MiG-29s. And yes, it was riddled with corruption - something that the US wouldn't want in any of its defense deals with another country.
BBC News | South Asia | Accusations fly over war plane deal

Is it feasible that the US would provide fighters for Bangladesh? No. But that doesn't mean that the US actually banned the sale of military aircraft to Bangladesh. If that were the case, the US wouldn't have donated the C-130s from their excess inventory in the first place. It is just that fighters don't play any role in US interests regarding Bangladesh.

It is more likely that the Bangladeshi pilots simply checked the Hornets out, like how Pakistani pilots check out Flankers in China. Does that mean they are going to buy them? No.

Precisely work with you guys who come up with such fake news and posts to show everyone how mighty and important Bangladesh is.

I am saying this again. Just give Link/Sources and shut me up forever.

GB

Me claiming Bangladesh as almighty? :lol: That's very funny. I wish all the best for my country, not a regional power.

Now if Bangladesh was unimportant, surely India wouldn't have had invested all its interests in the Awami League? :agree:

F-18 vs SAM - YouTube

here is a f18 in action :D

:frown:

F-18 vs SAM - YouTube

here is a f18 in action :D

No missile in existence would be capable of chasing the F/A-18 as it is portrayed in the film. A missiles rocket motor only holds enough fuel for one pass at a target. The second missile fired in the film flies through a fireball, completes a loop, and continues to chase the F/A-18 the way a dog chases a cat. In reality, the missile would have either exploded the first time it got close to the fighter, or simply ran out of fuel.

GB

No missile in existence would be capable of chasing the F/A-18 as it is portrayed in the film. A missiles rocket motor only holds enough fuel for one pass at a target. The second missile fired in the film flies through a fireball, completes a loop, and continues to chase the F/A-18 the way a dog chases a cat. In reality, the missile would have either exploded the first time it got close to the fighter, or simply ran out of fuel.

GB

Is this clip from the movie behind enemy lines?

First prove that they were training on F-18's. It was a joint excersice not training.

Besides this claim has been already thrashed on this very thread. I once again ask you to go through the thread entirely.

Indian Navy pilots were trained on T-45 in order to get familier with tailhook and other related stuff for upcoming MiG29K ops on carrier.

Now India ain't buying T-45 are we?

GB

First prove that they were training on F-18's. It was a joint excersice not training.

Besides this claim has been already thrashed on this very thread. I once again ask you to go through the thread entirely.

Indian Navy pilots were trained on T-45 in order to get familier with tailhook and other related stuff for upcoming MiG29K ops on carrier.

Now India ain't buying T-45 are we?

GB

Yes, BAF does often conduct exercises with the USN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom