What's new

Ban Bollywood: Pakistan bigwigs

sir they do have a big industry & bieve it or not chunky pandey is there superstar

don't talk rubbish . chanki pandy only act in 3/4 film 10/12 years back untill now he hasn't came here .
and for your kind information 15 years back one of our then superstar salman shah wanted to bring shahruk khan two jointly perform in a Bangladeshi movie but due to his sudden sad demise that didn't happened .

don't talk rubbish . chanki pandy only act in 3/4 film 10/12 years back untill now he hasn't came here .
and for your kind information 15 years back one of our then superstar salman shah wanted to bring shahruk khan two jointly perform in a Bangladeshi movie but due to his sudden sad demise that didn't happened .
Sorry sir my mistake

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

A ban on Indian films in Pakistan's cinema houses would help the country's film industry "develop and thrive", a Pakistani daily said Friday.

An editorial in The Nation said the demand made by a group of artists, singers and directors in Lahore Wednesday to ban Indian films in national cinema houses ought to be met by the government.

"That would help the national film industry develop and thrive.

"There are lots of cinema houses which screen only Indian movies and do not show any interest in playing Pakistani movies. The result is a gradual decline of our own film industry," it said.

It warned that "by not banning Bollywood films being shown in every nook and cranny of the country, we would only be letting the Indians succeed in their ploy of invading us culturally".

The editorial, however, did not go into the details of what it described as cultural invasion.

It claimed that according to the group of Pakistan movie directors, "certain self-seeking individuals associated with Lollywood are reaping huge benefits by making huge investments in India".

The editorial added that the government should not only ban Indian films from Pakistan's cinema houses, "but also from the various private TV channels that keep broadcasting them".

"The policy of letting India disseminate its culture freely in Pakistan is dealing a serious financial blow to the Lollywood industry and polluting the minds of the youth," it said.

Timesofindia

Govt censorship is something to be frowned at. People should watch whatever they want. Pakistani film industry should try to compete and work hard and produce quality products. There is a bigger market in india. If we like their stuff im sure some of our quality dramas wil do well in india too

Allowing India to educate the minds of future generations is not a clever idea. Their morality, principles, and ethics are very different from the values a Muslim nation like Bangladesh needs.

In their culture, it's a cute sexy little dance katrina kaif is doing, something worth admiring and appreciating, something you're happy if your little daughter learns to do(and gets a role in some movie). In our culture, these people are considered vulgar and indecent, and this is not something parents try to get their children to do. It is a form of prostitution that they do, making money by flaunting their bodies in front of audiences of millions.

Allowing India to educate the minds of future generations is not a clever idea. Their morality, principles, and ethics are very different from the values a Muslim nation like Bangladesh needs.

In their culture, it's a cute sexy little dance katrina kaif is doing, something worth admiring and appreciating, something you're happy if your little daughter learns to do(and gets a role in some movie). In our culture, these people are considered vulgar and indecent, and this is not something parents try to get their children to do. It is a form of prostitution that they do, making money by flaunting their bodies in front of audiences of millions.

indian films offer good script , unconscious culture exposure alongwith some degree of vulgarity as some will put it-- pak films mostly offer vulagarity to compensate for the deficiency in quality script and proper depiction of culture

Seriously there is not much of pakistani origin stuff being watched or broadcasted in india. Not that it is banned, but may it is just not able to compete with indian stuff. But if pakistan start producing quality stuff in movies or dramas then i am sure they will make good money in indian market.

I remember i watched one pakisani movie last year (only pakistani movie in my life). I dont remember its name, its about two brothers, one becomes a terrorist, kidnaps his cousin from UK to marry her, while another brother is an artist, goes to US and makes good life for himself. I really liked that movie. Can someone remind me the name of that movie ? Also can anyone suggest me such good movies to watch.

Seriously there is not much of pakistani origin stuff being watched or broadcasted in india. Not that it is banned, but may it is just not able to compete with indian stuff. But if pakistan start producing quality stuff in movies or dramas then i am sure they will make good money in indian market.

I remember i watched one pakisani movie last year (only pakistani movie in my life). I dont remember its name, its about two brothers, one becomes a terrorist, kidnaps his cousin from UK to marry her, while another brother is an artist, goes to US and makes good life for himself. I really liked that movie. Can someone remind me the name of that movie ? Also can anyone suggest me such good movies to watch.

"Khuda k liye"

Sometimes I don't understand -- why pakistanis like eternal enemies(US and INdia) movies and drama. THey should boycott them in first place -- why to make money for enemy ? should create own powerful industry jut like Iran-- why to expose themselves to cultural invasion.

With Indian movies readily available on DVDs, Internet, etc, this ban will only serve to shut down these movie cinemas without doing an ounce of good for Pakistani Film industry.

As Aryan_B pointed out above, the way to compete is to create good movies which you can then market in a much larger market, India. Bollywood has also create a large oveseas market in the UK and the US too which they could potentially tap.

It's Pakistan's call - it is their country. But generally bans seldom work when it comes to any popular medium which the masses like.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom