What's new

Baktar shikan increased range n laser guided

there were rumors that Baktar Shkian will be coming with a new MMW radar guidance but this do not look like one. Still, this is the new guidance i assume, different from the one we usually see with the baktar shikan.
Its a step but i think that we should go for IIR guidance.

SO BAKHTAR SHIKAN GOT LASER BEAM GUIDANCE OR STILL WIRE GUIDED ? if im not wrong laser beam also means range must be increased to NLOS capability ?

SO BAKHTAR SHIKAN GOT LASER BEAM GUIDANCE OR STILL WIRE GUIDED ? if im not wrong laser beam also means range must be increased to NLOS capability ?

Still wire-guided.

Last year, the Baktar Shikan multi missile launcher was revealed indicating possible use on Talha in the future.

full

Laser guidance allows more range and fire on the move capability as seen with Ingwe.
NLOS capability isn't possible with laser guided missiles as the target is illuminated with a laser designator.

@Signalian

Still wire-guided.

Last year, the Baktar Shikan multi missile launcher was revealed indicating possible use on Talha in the future.

full

Laser guidance allows more range and fire on the move capability as seen with Ingwe.
NLOS capability isn't possible with laser guided missiles as the target is illuminated with a laser designator.

@Signalian
i thought wire guided can easily hit movable target like TOW, is there a difference?

China already showcase Red arrow anti tank missile. Pakistan can easily produced it under license.

i think pakistan needs work in integrating multiple launched TOW/bakhtar shiiken on its M113 and a new fire and forget weapon for its infantory

Not the older models, but shouldn't be too difficult as I believe it's only the flight path programming in the terminal phase

But can it do a cobra strike??

I don't see any reason why not

China already showcase Red arrow anti tank missile. Pakistan can easily produced it under license.

GAM-10X series has better specs.

Wire guided can't be jammed and can't be detected as quickly as laser guided.

GIDS does offer a laser designator, but not for the Bakter Shikan. It was used to illuminate targets for precision strikes by JF-17 (before Aselpod was integrated).

Back
Top Bottom